ITT useless technology

ITT useless technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=122640
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lmao @ file name

beat me to it.

>apple

Did you know the thinkpads used on the ISS don't even have touchpads?

LMAO @ ur life

Did you not know what they are called?

studies have shown women are more satisfied with the sexual performance of trackpoint users

How do you use this mouse while it is charging? Is there a peripheral for that too?

Better than any trackpad.

That's the thing, you don't use it while charging

>get good at using trackpoint
>it's still worse than trackpad
>nobody ever uses them ever
why does lenovo keep adding this shit? it's a waste of space. thinkpads would look a lot nicer without them.

This

Or at least it was useful before

i have that thing on my elitebook. it's fucking worthless. what is the point of it anyway? decoration?

people always try to make a big deal out of this but 2 minutes of charging literally gives you hours of usage and a full charge will last for months
it's a non-issue

I disabled trackpad in my meme thinkpad because I didn't use it. Clit mouse all the way user.

What are you supposed to do when you need to use your mouse and it's out of power then?

Buy two mice and always keep one charged and ready to go?

>why does lenovo keep adding this shit? it's a waste of space. thinkpads would look a lot nicer without them.
i kno rite? looks so much cleaner

to make it look more "business" like.

Been here for a week btw

>ITT things i can't use.

>point of it anyway?
It's to make your Thinkpad knock-off look more like the real thing. So I guess decoration.

What the fuck am i supposed to do in those 2 minutes, wait like a fucking faggot?

idk, jerk off? not like you were doing anything productive in those 2 minutes anyway
god forbid you have to go 2 minutes without shitposting on Sup Forums

Then shut the fuck up and lurk until you have something to contribute with.

it's a thinkpad and macbook ripoff desu

same colors as a macbook

>t. iCuck

That's just enough time to go out and grab a StarbucksĀ® Coffee! :^)

ebin

*most trackpads

>why does lenovo keep adding this shit?
For the people that use them.
>it's a waste of space.
Nope
>thinkpads would look a lot nicer without them.
Nope

>not waiting 2 minutes for your mouse to charge
this generation is so entitled and impatient

Enough time to lose another usb port on MBP.

where's the trackpad?

Where it should be, the trash.

>right-click and left-click without a trackpad

what sense does this make?

Well how else would you right and left click without the buttons?

someone post wangblows XDDD

>he uses windows on a thinkpad

Nice b8 OP

How much more years have left into a thinkpad x220 realistically? I have an i7 unit, and I'm wondering is it worth upgrading it with new battery, keyboard and larger SSD, or should I rather just get a newer machine.

For my uses (productivity and shitpostin) it has plenty of horsepower, but the display is really starting to show it's age.

At this rate, at least 5 or more.
>display
mod it with 1080p IPS from XPS12

nvm, this ain't a tpg

are there any guides online?

forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=122640
it's not a particulairly easy mod, but it can be done

Linux Desktop
silly techno commies

thanks user

if you had third button here, like in chinkpads or dells, you could scroll like a madman

TrackPoint doesn't make any sense without middle click scroll. It'd be almost worthless.

Ecks dee XD you got me!

Are they vaginas.

Ok.

It's less convenient than just having it plugged in front. Why couldn't they do what every other mouse does?

Yes goyim! Only for $129!

If it weren't an issue people wouldn't complain about it. Would've been fixed if the port were just in front.

Spend thousands of dollars but still waste more time.

Do you plug a mouse into it?

Cucumber fingers.

>no no no their poorly thought out design that was choose because it cuts manufacturing costs by 0.075 cents isnt bad because it doesnt really matter guys

only people with autism care
not like they can afford it anyway

I remember the whole point of Apple was to be easy to use. Now it's just shit without headphone jacks and planned obsolescence

I remember when people would lurk for a while before posting instead of jumping right in from reddit and thinking they'll fit in

A Mac fag complaining about Reddit is like 9 gag coming to 4 Chan to complain about Reddit. Or talking shit about Linux when you buy into Apple

>4 Chan
come on you have literally been here for less than a week

>It's easier
>You just said that only autists care about the charger
>Cares about a space and a capital letter
4 Chan
It's not like I'm charging you $129 for looking at how my keyboard types 4 Chan

I have to agree, it's an ancient thing. Some touchpads have more precision these days, and 60 times more utility. Not everyone has to constantly move the fucking mouse while typing but I can tell you that you'll sooner feel like shit when you have to keep pushing on the clit, than when you have to move your wrist a little bit.

Most touchpads got software that enables palm rejection in case you want to complain about it getting in the way, too. Really, this is an ancient technology. It drifts like a silly thing, it's not that precise and it makes your finger fucking sore. It doesn't have any other function than moving the mouse cursor unless you press on the fucking scrolling button, which is also not as precise as a good touchpad with two finger scrolling.

I say this all as an X220 owner. The only reason the trackpoint is the better option on it is because they couldn't choose a worse touchpad to put in there. It's like they're trying to sell you the trackpoint by purposefully using a trackpad that's inferior to what my fucking Acer Aspire One A110L had 2 years before this fucking thing was released. I'm not even kidding.

Sorry, I meant 4 years. I recall getting that stupid netbook earlier. If only I could just switch the fucking X220 components with that, that was a fucking comfy netbook, if damn useless.

You first OP

Ah, spoken from someone who has never used a trackpoint keyboard. I used to be that way, until I got my first thinkpad. Now I couldn't imagine browsing on a laptop without it. Middle button + nib (tactile response) = intuitive page movement. Much better than regular touchpads.

First post btw haha clit.jpg, epic simply epic

My laptop has a TrackPoint without middle scroll, I don't miss it. Space/Shift+Space and PgUp/PgDn exist for a reason.

>he doesn't even know how to add a word to his dictionary

Why does something so petty matter to you?

>He complains about how someone types 4 Chan
>He thinks it matters enough to put effort into it

It doesn't, I was just pointing out that it's not really a valid excuse when it takes mere seconds to fix for good.

>He complains about how someone types 4 Chan
I never did that.
>He thinks it matters enough to put effort into it
When it takes so little effort, definitely.

Yet you're still on about it. It does matter to you. Just let it go.

Eat a dick

You can't say shit about people complaining about a shitty mouse design when you're having a fit over how someone online forms 4 Chan
Sup Forums 4chan Sup Forums 4chan there is that good enough for you? Are all Mac fags babies that need to be taken care of by their daddy Steve (dead) Jobs?

Can you fuck off macfag? 4 Chan

I'm not even the one who was upset about how you type Sup Forums, I was just pointing out that your excuse is retarded because it's such a trivial fix. Come back in 5 or 6 years when you're actually old enough to post here.

>I'm too dumb/dogmatic to learn something new
K

I use the thinkclit daily and have the trackpad disabled, so do a lot of my friends

I'm not even the one who was upset about where you get your tech (shit) from, I was just pointing out that your excuse is retarded because it's such a trivial fix (don't be a Mac fag). Come back when you stop needing a diaper if ever.

I swear you're baiting but why. And baiting for Apple. Why am I arguing with some bait fag about how Apple is shit and shouldn't be welcome on Sup Forums?

Why do you keep calling me a macfag? Where did I ever say I use Apple products? Quit trying to fit in. Lurk moar.

You're defending Apple and complaining about 4 Chan. If you defend a company that makes you a fanboy and fag to that company, so since you defend Apple, you are a Mac fag

>You're defending Apple
When did I do that?
> and complaining about 4 Chan
Again, that wasn't me. I was merely pointing out the illegitimacy of your excuse.
>If you defend a company that makes you a fanboy and fag to that company, so since you defend Apple, you are a Mac fag
Again, when did I defend Apple?

See;
If your against a criticism towards Apple, and before even saying that their bad design isn't a bad design, that's defending them because you're not attacking them or on the fence with them. You're on their side and it's very obvious, what do you get out of defending this company? Nothing, they don't give you shit.

Honestly wish my XPS had one.

"If a male have an even one finger he is still a male"

That wasn't me, you fucking imbecile.

kys

Wow, you sure showed me

That wasn't me, you fucking imbecile.

Sure thing kiddo

May i join?

Yes

When the blood shit hits the fan.
Original fan btw

Apple fags are gay

Gay homosexual or gay dumb? Because I'm both :D

Hey, the original fan is me

Queermosexual fag gay and dumb

>I broke the dam,
>No I broke the dam!

We all broke the dam

this

What is a dam?

It artificially raises the water level by decreasing the horizontal volume for vertical volume, usually uses gravity to power water plants

you mean trackpoint?
Keyboard Clit is a slang term

(It's reddit)

you let it charge for 2 minutes and it lasts 9 more hours. Then that night you charge it and it lasts several more months.

Buy a new one obv

still using my x200.
no trackpad.