1366x768 in 2017

>searching for a notebook to replace my finally dying ancient i5 2410m
>find half a dozen of decent options that don't cost a kidney
>i5, 8gb ram, Gt940MX, minimun.

Then I get to the screen
>1366x768

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY DO YOU DO THIS?!
I want to murder every "engineers" of every major technology company that are still puting ridiculous 768p screens in notebook on freaking 2017 Even on upper mid range ones by ripping their eyes off and shoving them up their throat until they choke to death.
WHY, Christ WHY!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_ready
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tell me about it
>search for 4k
>all are +++ size with retarded ppi

>phone screens have better resolution

The laptop market is corrupt.
The last good deals died with the thinkpad son

Go with the Ideapad 510s
> ssd
> fhd
> Kaby Lake processor
It's kinda confy

USED

THINKPAD

>tfw 1440p phone but good luck getting a laptop that isn't several grand with a 1440p screen

Windows 7?

t b h familia I'd rather have 768p + good GPU than a higher-res with a shit GPU. Which is exactly what I got when I memed myself and bought an IdeaPad, it had a 1080p screen but a shitty 650M that could barely manage some games on high settings and you could fucking forget about Ultra.

i have a y510p, after 4 years my power cord is finally dying, but i dont want to pay $120 for a 170 watt cord.

look on the bright side, you won't have to deal with windows' shit scaling

Buy y50-70. Is pretty decent for the price.

DPI scaling is still so fucked up that you might as well just stick with a low res so you can actually see shit on the screen.

1366x768 makes me want to kms

>all the modern laptops have a shit screen so buy something ancient, ugly and obnoxious with an even shittier screen

I'm still using my Lenovo Z580 from 2012 (3rd gen i7 without the dualcore bullshit), it's a shame they're still using 768p resolutions in 2017 tho.

I like my 1080P 15" laptop, even without any sort of DPI scaling.

It works fine for battery life

>games
>laptop
Unless you're playing 1.6 or some shit why fucking bother?

vaio z flip, if you can't afford it, don't even buy a laptop until you can

Even my T430 has a 1600x900 screen at 14" and it was made about five years ago.

btw the z flip is made in japan

Lenovo support is utterly shit in my country. I also wanted a barely decent dedicated GPU (940m is minimun).

>Good gpu + 768p
>no gpu + FHD
I'd rather have neither.

I had the same reaction at first, but turns out the lower res is better on anything sub-15".
Can't see shit on a 14" 1080p.
Also power draw.

>1600x900 dogshit TN panel
Is that supposed to be impressive...?

Power draw issue is highly inflated. And is not like you cant reduce resolution when on battery for saving energy.

I actually want a 15.6 notebook, although a 14" would be nice, but there is no decent one with dedicated gpu on my country anywhere.

My ancient i5 2410m is actually 15.6 and 1080p. Is is a little on the small size, but with 125% DPI on windows 7 it looks perfect.

>And is not like you cant reduce resolution when on battery for saving energy.
are you even listening to yourself? why the fuck would you shell out the extra money on a 1080p display when half the time you're going to be running it at a blurry, shitty non-native resolution? are you just a mindless sheep who likes having BIG NUMBERS?

No. That's why there's the qualifier "even" in there.

Calm the fuck down. Reducing resolution for 720p video playback is done automatically and there is no quality loss.

For text writing is also ok, which is not something I care for high quality anyway.

Also, I use my notebook pluged in on the uni quite often, And like I said, this is mostly a myth for computers. there isn't much difference in battery life in the first place.

>getting a non thinkpad lenovo laptop

OP i bought a 440p thinkpad for pocket change and it has 1080p screen so I don't know what youre talking about

daily reminder to know what you buy

scale ppi 4K FHD
-------------------------
1x 96 45.8" 22.9"
1.25x 120 36.7" 18"
1.5x 144 30.5" 15.2"
1.75x 168 26.2" 13.1"
1.875x 180 24.4" 12.2"
2x 192 22.9" 11.4"

So, 4K on anything less than a 46" TV is stupid? Noted!

>I want to murder every "engineers" of every major technology company that are still puting ridiculous 768p screens in notebook
it's not the engineers, it's the bean counters
the price difference between 1366x768 and 1920x1080 is FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS
not only is that five dollars more profit, it's an easier sale at the best buy

>HONEY I CAN READ THE SCREEN WITHOUT MY GLASSES, THE TEXT IS SO CLEAR, NOT BLURRY AND SMALL LIKE THAT OTHER LAPTOP
>I'LL TAKE TWO

You completely retarded. All info you ever need can be displayed using 1366x768. Stop acting like a fukken snowflake. The only reason higher resolutions exist is because of the spec race to make """older'''''' displays look obsolete.

The most popular resolution in '99 (you know, when the economy and interwebs was booming) was 800x600. I'm pretty sure professionals still got shit done then.

You need more than 1366x768? Don't make me laugh.

>HONEY I CAN READ THE SCREEN WITHOUT MY GLASSES, THE TEXT IS SO CLEAR, NOT BLURRY AND SMALL LIKE THAT OTHER LAPTOP

Literally this. Most laptops have Windows installed which doens't do SHIT with dpi scaling by default. Your gf WILL pick the low res one.

Wait for ryzen mobile apu.

>1366x768
It's alright you fucking autist

What the FUCK are you on about!?? That's over a million (10^6) pixels. Not in the life time of that laptop are you going to appreciate them all. Not that you sound like guy who appreciates anything in life anyway.

Resolution isn't even the worst offender
>look for a cheap laptop
>A10 9600p
>8GB RAM
>2TB HDD
>R7m 440 for some older games
>has a 768p screen, but whatever, specs are pretty good for 500€
>it arrives
>5 degree viewing angles
Why the hell do they use the shittiest panels they can find on a fuckinglaptop?

Cuckolds

>2nd generation i5
>940mx

You can't run anything past 768p

Go back to your containment board _donald

Fuck off immigrant shitskin nigger autistic liberal cuckold

kys racist

I live in a third world shithole and I paid the extra shill for a 1080P screen.
It's matte though but I am thinking of completely changing my life and go outdoors more often to make use of matte cover.

It's a lenovo 510 15ikb with i5 7200u and 940mx.

Will probably upgrade with a 240gb SSD but I don't want to void warranty yet because lenovo build quality is terrible and I feel this thing would fall apart quickly and wouldn't live the 6+ years like my old asus laptop.

> WHY, Christ WHY!
How is Jesus responsible for their decisions.

tfw Macbook 2015, just werks.

Falling this hard for consumerism.

Bet you take government handouts too faggot

>calling HD ready "768p"

"HD Ready" literally means "720p or better"

I never understood why'd you need super screen on a laptop. For any extended use you still need an external display or risk injuring your back and neck.

>even a 400 dollar phone can have a 1440p screen but not your 400 dollar laptop

HD Ready literally means it can accept a FHD signal and downscale it to whatever resolution the display actually is.

No it doesn't lmao

> Not understanding the difference between a phone and a laptop.

>what is multitasking

That's how TVs were labeled back then

Surely packing that much dpi in a large TN panel is much easier and cheaper than even more dpi in a small ips panel.

>reading comprehension

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_ready
>HD Ready
>Minimum native resolution
>720 horizontal
lines (rows) in
widescreen ratio

rude

Small screens cost less to make even if they are much higher DPI.

That said, you dont need 1440p on a laptop, it'll just give you worse battery life and scaling issues for the benefit of text looking slightly sharper.

Don't bullying me ;_;

This.

> it'll just give you worse battery life and scaling issues for the benefit of text looking slightly sharper.

Sadly this also goes for phone, but no one gives a fuck because of muh bigger numbers.

The TV that I use as a monitor has a resolution of 1360x768. It's really not that bad.

Kill yourselves.

Get a used MBP. That's what I have. Retina screen, god-tier trackpad, built like a tank... what more could you ask for?

>Look for Laptop with price relative to it's hardware.
>Hmm it's an i5, nah it's 2 core, so it's a fake i3...
>Oh this one then? It have an i7... nah just another i3 with a fake name...

Why are they selling 2C/4T i3 as i5 and i7?

I've been using the same 60hz 1366x768 monitor for over a decade now and I have n o r e g r e t s

Tell me what 1366x768 is so bad anyway? I've been using it for ages, no issues.

Is this a gaymer meme or something?

It's a consumertard meme.

>tfw using 32 inch 1360x768 TV as monitor on hackintosh
TV is a VA panel atleast, can sit back more

I a friend who wants a "thin" second hand laptop but doesn't want to pay over $400. Right now she's stuck on 2011-2012 MBAs, and I can't convince her that it's not a great idea.

Are you Lenovo Yoga's better?

a good computer

Because they are asshole. Even more strange is the fact that i5 with 4 cores do exhist for notebooks, I thought the "HQ" quadcore line was just for i7, but there are mobile i5 with no hypertreading too.

>built like a tank
>dies as any amount of liquid spills on the keyboard
This is even more of an issue with the new ones because soldered SSD

i5 doesn't have HT, never had.
i3 come with HT

T430 machines have an issue with screens, they fucking cause headaches.

This is kinda true. I have a 13 inch laptop with a 1080p display, and I have to have the dpi set to 125% to read it at a reasonable distance. 1366x768 probably would have been good enough.

Lenovo Y520 bro.
Has 1080p ips display

Modern content is at least 1080p unless you're some kind of cable tv cuck that's still watching shit in 720p/1080i so you're the snowflake here grandpa

They put in desktop GPUs into gayman laptops these days, get on with the times granpa

Seriously? My last MacBook was an early 2011 and I must've spilled full drinks on the keyboard several times.

>look for a cheap laptop
>Why the hell do they use the shittiest panels they can find on a fuckinglaptop?
Because you won't pay for a better one.

More pixels=More power usage=Shitty laptop. Look for a desktop or desktop replacement if you want pixels.

By your logic if I want infinite battery life, I'd go with a 320x280 screen.

FUCK OFF. This is a myth that must die already, 1080p is not much more battery heavy that 768p for a desktop. it is not equivalent to smartphones.

I'm not asking for 1440p or 4k, I just want the barely minimun and not able to count every single giant square on my face. 1080p is the ideal.

You get a new Thinkpad IPS panel for $90. And the best thing: Even a retard with a potato for a screw driver could replace it in 15 minutes.

Can't hear you over the sound of my 2880x1800 screen.

Fucking poorfags

>gayman laptops
So you're buying something that's essentially as portable as a Desktop but costs 4 times the price and can't be upgraded later? xD

This. People want cheap shit. As cheap as possible. Then they complain about lack of build quality.

Three reasons they put screens like these:
1. GPUs, especially shitty ones, handle 1366 x 768 much better than HD
2. Battery life is better on smaller screen.
3. For dumb casuals its enough, what, your facebook page dont display correctly?

>all the parts are soldered together, so if something go's, you can't replace it and instead have a $1500 paperweight

Why the fuck would you want to carry around a 10 lb fire hazard so you can play skyrim on the go?

¨what you idiots don't understand is that a 14" 1366x768 laptop has a higher pixel density than a 24" 1920x1080 monitor

fucking moronic idiotts

nothing wrong with 768, it's higher than 720p

>pixel density is relevant ITT