Daily REMINDER: use LineageOS

Daily REMINDER: use LineageOS.

Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/working-together/next-steps/free-software-phones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my phone is supported.
convince me why.
provide screenshots.

I doubt an upgrade from CM 12 would make my moto g faster so no thanks.

If I could port my stock launcher for G2 that would be great.

Nougat.
No bugs.
Security patches, depends if u are running oem shit all the time and never tried custom rom, but thats huge plus for me.
It's comfy.
Nougat notifications.
Battery life which I have not screened and can't screen right now.
Screenshot op, lock screen visualizer.
Privacy® Guard™.
No need for gapss, comes without.
Better developer options.
Just ask and I'll tell you.

I tried it and came a hair's breadth from bricking my phone beyond any possible repair since i'm a retard.
Not trying it again unless it comes preinstalled or actually works first time.

I managed to get unoffical build easily runnin' on device which isn't Nexus or any Google easy-everything phone and is sorta obscure. 10 mins not counting backup. No problem.

No and fuck no
Nothing fucking works with Lineage on my redmi note 3
Fingerprint scanner worked every 5th time, phone app didn't work and I had to pick up calls using volume rockers, phone rebooted on its own, etc
Switched to Nitrogen, easy sail

is there a reason they provide nightlies instead of one bi-weekly snapshot or something? at least with my device, it was common to have bugs in one of the nightlies

My Redmi 3 Pro works fine on Lineage, though it force restarts every couple of days for some reason.

you have 2 cocks as your wallpaper

What is this?

>No bugs.
lol

I cant. Verizon makes it next to impossible to root my phone which would then allow me to unlock my bootloader.

>No need for gapss, comes without.
I thought you cant install apps from google store if gapss not installed?

You can intall them manually or with 3rd party apps like Aptoide but some apps will refuse to run without gapps.

Id probably install it but rooting my Moto G seems like too much of a hassle.

It is wonderfull on lg g2. No shit. Stable as it can be.

>No bugs
Kek
Tell me moar

Thinking about it but I don't have an SD card at hand. My phone is near-stock android 7.0 and comes with privacy guard but there's aspects of it which I don't really care for.

What's the default keyboard in LineageOS 14.1?

Do whatsapp and messenger work? Regrettably everyone uses them to communicate.

Daily reminder: Use Resurrection Remix

Why? My Moto g5+ stock seems fine

Or is there anything worthwhile in 7.1?

Whats app works

>What's the default keyboard in LineageOS 14.1?
Android AOSP

>Do whatsapp and messenger work?
Messenger as in FB works
I don't know about whatsapp

The only thing I have noticed doesn't work is youtube, but you should be using newpipe anyway

>Can't let phone thieves see my weather!

I use Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge International edition

All sounds great then. I'll flash it when I get a chance.

>partial screenshot
Pretty neat feature. Not sure if it's available below Nougat.

It's always been
I had it when I was on lollipop

You're bug.

yep

Running last aokp marshmallow nightly for Robin and it's the smoothest experience I've ever had with this phone

a cute bug?

There is nougat nightlies but this one is so smooth idk if I should update

A bad bug.

no fucking way to install xposed if >6.0.1 - which the nougat-based lineageOS for my lg g5 is. Huge downside for me

Do i still need a google account to use it?

No.

Lock screen still doesn't rotate on tablets. I'm disappointed.

Does it still use trebuchet as the launcher?

No thanks, I'm not interested in downgrading.

Yes.

LineageOS+ no gapps is the only way to escape the google, apple and Samsung botnets, while also having a usable phone.

Barebones and featureless. I'm using crDroid for now.

>want to buy mi5 because it has los support and is not too shabby
>Can't find a black version anywhere online.

covers exist

>putting a case on your phone for aesthetics

you also got protection for free with it

>dropping your shit

>still black bezels around the screen

>free protection from a purchased case

>having to pay attention to how you handle your shit all the time
It almost looks like you enjoy having too much cognitive load on yourself

>he has to think to hold on to his phone
I bet you need to stop walking to breathe as well.

a useless gimmick that you should've disabled immediately

>using tablet
Why?
That was my primary intention.

Why not?

it's not about thinking, it's about paying extra attention

Same thing. Either way, just stop being a fucking klutz.

Useless, oversized phone. You'd better if u bought laptop, arch+qbit for tv series. I can't imagine what do u use tablet for besides watching videos and reading manga.

Phablets are fucking dumb, phone+tablet is far superior.

Also, count on your gps crapping it's pants while using navigation.
The biggest reason I don't use that crap. Tried cyanogenmod on and s3 mini, a note 4 and a oneplus 3 and the gps always has problems while navigating. Maybe not immediately but it always ends up happening.

never broke a phone (at least, unintentionally) in my life. But now, with >5" screen phones when it's getting harder and harder to use them with one hand - it WILL fall down some day. Hence the need of a case
>inb4 manlet
192cm tall, huge phones suck anyways

No stable bacon support yet. I'm afraid bacon will never receive any love ever again.

I don't have a car and use osmand just for orientation.

Yep, I have big hands, 185 cm and use 5-inch phone. Comfy and if its made from some grippy material, even better.

Using LOS from Sultan and battery life is fucking shit :(

>cm12
>Not keeping a smartphone updated

>using a (((smartphone))) at all
Come on, they're confirmed literal tracking devices that report your every move, no matter what OS you use. Dumbphone+laptop and optional desktop is all you need.

Been using lineage for about 2 months, pretty much what I needed. Updates are weekly, seem pretty solid, haven't had any major bugs. Just small UI issues that I noticed which seem to get patched with every next update.

The only issue is I have issues with carrier support for SMS, Calls and Data so it's pretty much just a homecomputer until I figure out how I can get it to play nice.

kek, how can android without ay services track you?

Both WhatsApp and FB work, and for YouTube just use OGYouTube, it works fine.

Both displaying different times.

but I use it czechbro

Does it matter if the SD card Lineage is on is internal/external storage?

>concerned about tracking
>using dumbphones
>java-based os's with absolutely no security
>could probably use a smartphone to intercept and decrypt text messages from a dumbphone

But T9 input is based af

I think you've downloaded a build for a different variant of your phone. That's what could brick your device.

unofficial 6.0 cm13 with theme engine, xposed and microG > cm14

as long as there's no xposed for nougat. As soon as revo gets it, there'll be no reason to use marshmallow.

Who the hell would be tracking you without google shit installed, idiot? Its all open source.

And silent SMS can be used to track the location of dumbphone users too.

How difficult is it to port and what do I need to know to do it? I've considered porting Sailfish also.

Well, that's too bad. It's been great for me on lgg4 and apart from Facebook messenger glitching out sometimes it's pretty much flawless. Way more stable than cm ever has been.

modem firmware fsf.org/working-together/next-steps/free-software-phones

I've already got a fully automated server for downloads, with shows and movies easily addable from phone/tablet, and a NUC connected to my 50" TV for playback. Watching videos on a laptop or tablet is too plebeian.

Android doesn't get upd-

I'm using an older nightly of LOS 14.1 on my RN3P. It's pretty comfy, but the camera is a bit buggy. Front Camera doesn't work sometimes and the stock camera shits itself often. Google Camera works most of the time, though. I think all of these have been fixed in a more recent version, but I haven't gotten around to installing a new version as I don't have internet at home at the moment and I need it to download the ROMs and troubleshoot if necessary.

Overall it's really comfy. Notifications are great, battery life is awesome and the improved settings a big upgrade. I also have LOS 14.1 on my backup Moto G 1st gen, which works without any bugs and just flawlessly. Plus performance feels better than stock 5.1 ROM.