Indian teen designs world’s smallest satellite for NASA challenge

*applause*

It's called KALAMSAT, a 3D printed 4cm^2, 64 gram satelite. Runs using an Arduino ProMini, some other shit, and will be launched by NASA in June.

Poo in the Loo jokes aside, is this impressive? The fella is 18 yrs old.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ixJgY2VSct0
youtu.be/n-flP1H-TYQ
youtu.be/z35_NQZpt-I
youtu.be/ByxGiS2c6Ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good for him. But what does it actually do?

He 3d printed a box.

The current intended use is unknown. But for their test flight they want to test if the 3D printed reinforced carbon fibre polymer is strong enough.

"The expected time span of the mission (post flight) is 240 minutes. The tiny satellite will be operated only for 12 minutes to demonstrate the performance of 3-D printed carbon fibre."

I'm not sure what sub-orbital information you can get in 12 minutes, but surely there's something.

>Arduino
How much smaller and more wower efficient would be chip designed specifically to do what that box does?

So he designed the box the actual computer will lie in? "Impressive"

So it's just testing the materials it's made out of, not what its capabilities are like sending and resonding to information relays with a tiny processor? Seems kind of lazy on NASA's part. I mean, they could've just made a tiny box out of carbon fiber themselves to test in zero g.

it's gonna lose contact within seconds of reaching orbit cus no antennas on that thing that would reach more than 100 meters and for all intents and purposes just be a piece of garbage in space

Oh come on India is a garbage dump, good for him and people should support the 3rd world focusing on science and education. They're gonna produce some geniuses if only because of how fucking lazy western civilization is

>using an Arduino
cool PCB ahmed

Potentially quite significantly, but an Arduino Pro Mini is ~15 bucks for a genuine part, and ~3 bucks for some chinkshit. It's off the shelf, and proven technology.

An ASIC design would take many months-years and would cost an order of magnitude more than a 3 dollar pcb, and a couple bucks of other components/carbon fiber.

DESIGNATED

>satellite
It's in his hands
That's not a satellite.

>make a box
>put Arduino in it
>people think that poo is a genius

Poo?

cool clock pajeet

>a PersonOfColor(tm) who managed to put toghether a few parts isn't to be considered genius

dass rayciss

Poo in a box
o
o

Based meds

Inb4 the Atmega processor dies the moment it reaches space due to radiation.

>let's shit more space debris that kills real satellites
as expected from designated streetshitters

You do know it might fall through the atmosphere and burn up, right?

But he's right. If hobbyist could get their 1 inch sats in space from their backyard, they would spam the skies.

I'd be much more impressed by that, actually. If the kid can design a backyard rocket to get his sat in orbit, I'd be astonished.

>teenager in 3rd world country builds actual satelite
>"YAWN, he didn't even print the circuits himself what a scumbag"

>50 year old racist white guy makes some shitty software for 30 year old PCs
>"UNDISCOVERED GENIUS, CAN YOU BELIEVE HE DID IT ALL HIMSELF?"
what did Sup Forums mean by this?

Might? You think that has any propellant for station keeping? You do know you need some form of fuel to maintain an orbit, right? Especially close to Earth.

They're mad cause whitey is falling into irrelevance. White people already damaged the world enough and now PoC are fighting back ironically with kindness, hard work and love unlike subhuman savage whites that tried to genocide them. Don't worry this kid will grow up to be a world changer, that racist schyzoprenic nutjob will keep autistically screeching until he dies without ever accomplishing something.

Genius. I hope he is given millions of dollars by NASA and some prestigious American universities like MIT and Stanford.

POO IN SPACE

I would have thought the problems with a satellite on that scale would be things like power generation, trajectory control, radiation and communication with the ground. Has he actually solved those or has he just 3D printed a box and put an Arduino in it?

Actual smarter than the average poo-in-loo Indian reporting in.
What the kid did is nothing even barely acknowledgeable, putting premade parts together don't take a lot of brains, neither does using an Arduino. I mean there's a fucking premade library for everything in Arduino. His supposed satellite isn't even shielded from the 9 billion kind of different radiations that are there in space, I really fucking doubt if it'd even work. I was programming AVR directly in assembly when I was 19, where's my fucking medal? Oh right I don't get anything because I didn't have any connections, that little shits face has "I come from a loaded family" written all over it.

Besides that kid comes from Tamil Nadu, it's very hick state of India, with stupid rich millionaire farmers who live in little huts for houses despite having the money for a villa. I'm currently attending college in the same state and people here are so uncreative and unimaginative, it's disgusting. I'm doing CS and 90% of the retards in my class that hail from this state hadn't ever used a computer before, so my college teaches using MSword, Excel, and PowerPoint in the first fucking semester.
I actually hail from one of the Northwestern states (Rajasthan), and people are used to opening and using computers. Here in southern India, people treat computers as if they are tools exclusively for use in their workplaces and have no use or place at home

>demonstrate the performance of 3-D printed carbon fibre.
Excuse my ignorance here, but what performance? It's presumably going to be kicked out the side of a rocket into a vacuum, where are the stresses? I never got the impression that (except for not disintegrating under the acceleration of launch) satellites had to be terribly robust.

>demonstrate the performance of 3-D printed carbon fibre.
Excuse my ignorance here, but what performance? It's presumably going to be kicked out the side of a rocket into a vacuum, where are the stresses? I never got the impression that (except for not disintegrating under the acceleration of launch) satellites had to be terribly robust.

Oops, no idea how that happened.

Just don't import him in a white country.

It has all of those problems. But so do all micro satellites. Many aren't designed to stay in orbit for more than a few months.

I am honestly mostly interested in the communication part. With the size and weight it cannot have much in the way of a battery or solar array so it won't have much power for communications, it also won't have much in the way of an antenna. Perhaps it will just communicate short range with the launcher until it moves out of range or with some closer satellites.
They say they want to test if the carbon fibre polymer is strong enough but at that size can you really do a conclusive test? Once you get into space the strength of the polymer is pretty much immaterial unless you do some vector changing, but it just doesn't have enough mass to really test it.

It seems pretty half assed in all respects. Not big enough to really test the polymer, not enough technology to do anything useful. May as well just eject a literal piece of shit into orbit.

That's not a satellite. That is spacewaste that's going to go off trajectory and probably burn too when it will be on the sunny side of Earth.

better than that kid's clock

>I never got the impression that (except for not disintegrating under the acceleration of launch) satellites had to be terribly robust.
Launch is a lot of stress on the satellite. Presumably they want this polymer to be lighter and stronger than other materials allowing for bigger satellites, or lighter satellites.

I also mentioned in my post about vector changing, which can cause a lot of stress because of inertia, but again the satellite is too small and looks like it has no propulsion so I don't see how they could test that.

Effects of temperature and radiation maybe?

you're just mad because despite whites losing a large amount of people to disease and being a global minority (sometimes even outnumbered 1 to 4), they took the world.

They pushed humanity further than any other race in history. You can LARP about your "People of Color" fighting "the power" but you'll only regress the world further.

Face it Pajeet. You'll never be as good as them.

>"The expected time span of the mission (post flight) is 240 minutes. The tiny satellite will be operated only for 12 minutes to demonstrate the performance of 3-D printed carbon fibre."

And? Are you saying it's not cold in space when it's daytime on earth?

If the fibers degrade after 12 minutes, then we know they would be next to useless for longer missions.

But if they survive for 12 minutes they know nothing about how they would last through multiple orbits.

We can cool things to around the temperature of space on Earth, for probably cheaper than launching it into space (though it would be hitching a ride anyway so I guess that is pretty immaterial).

Space is a couple hundred degrees below zero in the shade, a couple hundred degrees above zero in sunlight. What you want to do is test the material as it cycles between hot and cold. In 12 minutes it wouldn't even be able to transition from night to day.

Hello nigel. Be honest, Indians do shit in the street, right? Maybe not yourself, but it does happen.
Anyways, I like you. Honorary gentoomen.

>shitty
It's better than anything you ever made, you dumb nigger. Have you ever wrote a compiler, a file manager or a REPL? Thought so, you faggot.

>Indians do shit in the street
naw mate thats not true, only poor people shit and that too in the farm fields or near the railway tracks, maybe even unoccupied land plots in the outskirts of the town. Nobody shits in the streets tho

maps out designated zone

So this is a Pootelite.

He 3D printed (western invention) a carbon cube and bleeding heart western liberals are going to do everything else

See? mother india rocksss guys. lets go india boys

I can smell the curry and feces in this thread.

COOL SATELLITE POOJEET.

>so my college teaches using MSword, Excel, and PowerPoint in the first fucking semester

wtf, and I thought southamerica was pathetic

POO in Earth-Moon L2??

youtu.be/ixJgY2VSct0

youtu.be/n-flP1H-TYQ

youtu.be/z35_NQZpt-I

youtu.be/ByxGiS2c6Ks

>is this impressive?
No, any retard can put arduino in a plastic box and call it satellite.

T. Pajeet

It's definitely impressive that a 18 year old can design a custom circuit for an arduino, but using buzzwords like "world’s smallest satellite", when any electrical engineer could have just done the same using similar components manufactured by some company is retarded.

>DESIGNATED
>SHITTING
>ORBITS

>open ISS hatch
>scatelite instantly gets btfo by x-rays

India is a superpower!

Its my personal observation so it could be wrong too, but ive never seen anyone shitting in the streets.
My state is well off so i dont know, it just might be a poor state thing

My bet is that this shit thing gets melted into a lump or shatters the moment it leaves the shadow of the ISS.

Up to 120°C in direct sunlight from -150°C in darkness.

after watching these videos my youtube recommendation goes full fucked.

Literally space littering

Nah.

Clockboy was a fraud, so they had to find another poo to uplift.

DESIGNATED LITTERING SPACE

>aryan nigger
>talking shit about anyone
>when you're the faggots who sold out to the British
kthxfag.

>Indians
>stealing pre-existing technology
ya
don't
say

Moon isn't taking any fuel to stay up there.
Checkmate fgt.

FYI, clockboy is from Sudan, not India.

>implying there's any difference
Both are dirty ragheads

so you cover your head with fucking leaves?

I can't wait until they produce hundreds of thousands of them and spray them all over the place, because we don't have enough orbital debris yet. Kessler syndrome? Ha, that's a myth.

I swear, people will not be satisfied until we're trapped on the Earth and it's impossible to launch anything into orbit.

What if this shit falls on someone elses head? What the fuck are they thinking?!

Whitey is losing relevance but don't kid yourself into the noble savage meme. People are awful and as long as we have different skin colors or upbringings we'll find new ways to shit on others

Sure. You probably don't know where Sudan is.

>you probably don't know where this irrelevant thing is
oh fug BTFO

What makes USA great are the immigrants but apparently white trash can yell louder

>>people think that poo is a genius
>he doesn't understand the difference between invention and innovation
>white trash couldn't come up with this
every time

For what he did, all alone, it's really impressive. Most devs can't even write a single line in assembly.

Same shit

Look at these gay nigger faggot CIA plants.

>I mean, they could've just made a tiny box out of carbon fiber themselves to test in zero g.
It sounds like that was the plan and they were just taking suggestions for electronics to stuff in their little box for shiggles?

>They're mad cause whitey is falling into irrelevance. White people already damaged the world enough and now PoC are fighting back ironically with kindness, hard work and love unlike subhuman savage whites that tried to genocide them. Don't worry this kid will grow up to be a world changer, that racist schyzoprenic nutjob will keep autistically screeching until he dies without ever accomplishing something.

>Indian teen designs world’s smallest satellite for NASA challenge
>Is this impressive?

>reply: Racism

>Sup Forums

>look guys
>a 5 year old programmed a new Google-Facebook miracle device
>isn't that impressive
>he's going to get all the scholarships
>he's also brown
>he was totally not helped by adults

Can this news meme stop now