/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

typingtest.com/scientific-test-app.html
techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/
support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4009469/windows-7-sp1-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-update-history
youtu.be/ra9cMaw4gWo
arctic.ac/uk_en/accelero-xtreme-iv.html
gsmarena.com/nokia_100-4120.php
amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Jumping-into-C-Alex-Allain/0988927802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494947116&sr=8-1&keywords=jumping into c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pls respond

Best VPN for Torrenting?

How fast can you type? Post keyboard too.

Microsoft x4. Not a bad rubber dome but I want to move to a brown switch down the line.

typingtest.com/scientific-test-app.html

How do I make pasta pictures?

Literally nothing works on my fucking pc
audio died, there's a fuckton of exe and dll errors, I can't install almost nothing because of many errors, I ran malwarebytes, cc and all different shit and still the same. Worst part is I can't even reset the system because I even get a fucking error there. How do I install fresh W10 without a USB drive? Drive droid doesn't work.

just get a cheap ass flash drive at walmart or something

Remove the HDD from your computer and plug it into another one. Reformat it from there and reinstall Windows.

I installed Fedora to an Acer Aspire ES11, and it displays a "No Bootable Device" message on startup. Guides recommend turning off Boot Protection to install it, which I did, and say that you can't boot unless you restore the GPT Record, which doesn't work for me: I get the message "GPT Table Restore Fail ."

How do I restore the GPT, whatever that is? I've been searching for hours and everything seems very hardware specific.

Are monitor calibrators a meme or is it worth spending a hundred bucks for one?

>on W7 SP1
>didn't install any updates because telemetry
>considering installing them because WannaCry made me too conscious about security vulnerabilities
Should I bite the bullet? Is there no way to get rid of the portion that contains telemetry updates?

Posted this last thread

Windows 7 keeps giving me these pop-up messages that say "Your hardware is not supported on this version of Windows." or something similar. Apparently I need W10 to use my processor properly.

Is this horseshit or would getting W10 actually make a difference? (Aside from the obvious OS change)

I have an i5-7500 @ 3.4GHz

If it is horseshit, how do I stop this thing popping up? It's infuriating.

Yeah, it's horseshit, but as far as I know there isn't a workaround yet.

>new to programming

>see code
>understand it quite easily

>try to code anything
>panic and can't do shit
>shit tons of errors

How the fuck do I fix this shit?

probably worth it if you dont do anything where you need color accuracy, or if your monitor has really off colors to boot

but then again you could spend the money towards a new and better monitor

why does my dash icon always look selected? Even if I didn't turn on the dash? I renistalled unity but it does not seem to help

What's the best way to deband an anime video? Is avi/vapoursynth my only choice?
If yes, what's a good gui to use the with, since i'm not very familiar with non linear editing?

Most of my video library is MPEG2, is it worth transcoding to a more modern codec? I mean, I don't mind wasting space for better quality but if the difference is negligible I might as well free up some space.

Why are there no programs that can tell me my Ryzen CPU temperature? Do I just have to wait for them to be updated? BIOS still shows temps

if you're ok with some quality loss, the jump from mpeg2 to say, h265 is pretty big

Probably going to try it out then, I've ~1TB of MPEG2 videos

techne.alaya.net/?p=12499

Practice. You can't learn to play the violin simply by reading about how.

Build simple things and work your way to more advanced programs.

Isn't there a way to use h265 losslessly, I heard you can do it with crf 0 or something, but i'm not sure

How do I go from full Green on grc.com to full Blue in Windows 10? I would like to know more about that stuff on Windows.

yes, you can do x265 lossless, but unless it's very high bitrate mpeg2 video, it might not even end up smaller than the original videos
if you want minimal loss, just use a very low (but not 0) crf, like 5
also don't transcode the audio (unless they're uncompressed, in which case compress those using flac, since that's just free savings)

>As of late 2016, Windows updates are combined into inseparable batches. This means that you cannot remove bullshit telemetry "updates" reliably. The only options are to run Windows with known vulnerabilities, run Windows with microsoft spyware, or to not run Windows at all.
From the Windows 7 section of the Sup Forums wiki. What gives?

What is the most ideal and realistic FOV for 16:9? I always have an OCD attack when I see these sliders because I've not a clue what to set it to in order to see the game as close to "intended" as possible.

Does it depend on screen distance?I'm maybe 2 feet from my monitor.

Anyone ?

I've tried formatting the HDD and creating a new GPT with Gparted and then re-installing Fedora once it was back in the laptop.

This also results in a No Bootable Device error, and it still isn't possible to Save or Restore the GPT Record, whatever that is. I still get a there. I have no idea why this is happening.

Got it, thank you

I need to look up prices on optical sensors, the kind that mice use. Where the fuck do I do that? If I look up some mouse sensor all I get are gaming forums arguing about which mouse is better

Before my finals they made me do some internship. I'm at a high school right now, they told me to "clean up" the computers of clutter and add some basic security to them.
I'm an IT guy so I haven't used an antivirus in a decade. What's a good free one that wont impact the dual core's performance but will provide relative security? Bearing in mind, of course, they're used by a bunch of kids who download random shit all the time.

The one that comes with windows - Microsoft Security Essentials.

Why is GNU/Linux the best OS for servers?

What's the best program to view exif data?

Anyone know a solution?

Please?

How do you download a youtube video's audio, using the url only? need to know for my next project.

if there would be best it would no longer be best
if its popular it became focus of attention
like duh

go subscribe to /r/VPN and read through stickied posts

heres some chart they have there
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

You mean Linux?
And depends on what kind of server. Managing credentials on 3000 domain windows PC is sure as hell superior with windows 2016 and active directory

you use youtube-dl and it either has a flag for audio, or you use ffmpeg to extract audio

$ xdg-open something.doc
or
$ leafpad something.doc

how do i get the command prompt to renew after it opens the document in the gui? i dont want the opened document to be attached to or controlled by the terminal after i've opened it, is that possible? i know it's possible to do this in dmenu/rofi.

you add &
xdg-open something.doc &
$ leafpad something.doc &

How do I do this?
$array = ["a" => 1];
$array["a"]; // how do I get the key ("a")?

It's not working?

you want "quiz bee" type of learning?
maybe hackerrank or codility

in javascript
var object = {
a: 1,
b: 2
}
var arr = [];
for(x in object) {
arr.push(x);
}
return x;

Or just remembered you could just do
var object = {
a: 1,
b: 2
}
return Object.keys(object);
//output ['a', 'b'];

Forgot to mention, that's PHP.

>did you chose the right format?
You can view them with "-F"

so: youtube-dl -F "url"
then: youtube-dl -f "url"

What can I do with some old computer parts? Got a i3 2120 that's hardly been used, a mobo with a dead RAM slot, two 4gb ram sticks and an old case. No powersupply.

I remember hearing that some of Windows Updates were completely incapable of being installed after you installed them and that they could basically then force you to use updates for unwanted updates. I believe they were some of the "Security Rollups"? Is this true or not? Would tronscript's .bat telemetry removal work fine after completely updating, or would those, if they work as I said, be unaffected?

Build a computer?

Sell it?

of being uninstalled*

Not sure how I'd sell a half-dead mobo and an ancient low-end processor, and if I blow money on a new PSU and other parts there's nothing I;d use it for

Heil?

do you install optional windows updates?
should i?
what do they do?

On Win 10, kinda. The Cumulative Updates are pretty much the same as Service Packs used to be. You can do a rollback for 10 days, after that the automatic update is deleted.

Are the latest Nvidia drivers or CU fucked right now?

My vidya has dropped in performance since I got them

Ebay/craigslist.

if i have a bunch of points that define a figure in 2d space, how do i rotate the structure?

matrix arithmetic

I forgot to mention I was on Windows 7. I seem to recall them bundling their updates so you can't choose a la carte, anymore, and I would hate to just batch install and not be able to batch remove Microsoft's jew updates.

points are not kept in a 2d array
they are stored in a vector

I am aware.
The matrix represents the rotation.
You multiply the matrix by the vector of original points and the result is a vector of transformed points.

what would i put for

how do you apply a matrix rotation to std::vector exactly?

For 7 there's one big combined update KB3125574 that includes everything released between SP1 and May 2016. If there's some update inbetween that you don't want you'll have to do all the others manually.

On Windows 7 now you will only get jew updates (security+optional) IF you use Windows update. This started around last October.

To get non jew updates you have to manually download security-only updates released once a month. These are not cumulative so you have to get each month's and then install it.

This is the index page:
support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4009469/windows-7-sp1-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-update-history

Remember, security only updates are the one you're looking for.

By matrix multiplication.

I don't really know C++, I just know a little bit of maths.
(a b * (x = (a*x + b*y = (x'
c d) y) c*x + d*y) y')

You guys realize std::vector is not the same as a vector in math right?

How safe are those free HTTP proxies?

Math doesn't care how you implement it.

Anyone has 4k monitor?

There's this video:
youtu.be/ra9cMaw4gWo

Can anyone post the screenshot of only the top left corner when the person is actually racing? Also post the time when you took screenshot.

Also can anyone confirm that it is playable in 2160p60 on youtube?

I'm having a really weird problem with windows 10 LTSB N on my Thinkpad x220. The start bar doesn't do anything when I click it. This happens often and is really annoying.

Restarting explorer.exe fixes the issue, but only temporarily.

Anyone knows why this happens? Know that the only software that runs on the background along windows' stuff is Lenovo's (fn keys, fingerprint scanner, etc). Tried disabling all of them one by one but it didn't work.

The bar works properly in safe mode.

a "vector" in c++ is a linked list, a data structure not something you can execute math operations on

don't login anywhere

It's more like Java's ArrayList m8. Backed by an array which automatically grows when the size exceeds the capacity.

Even to sites that uses HTTPS?

Either way it is not a vector like in math m80

Recently my internet has been doing this and fixes itself after a while. Provider says there's nothing wrong on his end and plugging the modem directly avoiding the router doesn't make any difference.

There isn't anything else I can do to fix this myself? It's hard having internet but not having internet.

I've gone through few ways of reseting things and changing dns.

To do a rotation it is. Matrix multiplication is how you do a transformation operation to a coordinate, doesn't matter what kind of data structure you're using to store the coordinates, the result is the same.

I have a founder's edition card but I want to install an aftermarket cooler, granted I know that I'm voiding my warranty, I don't really care too much as I'm eventually giving this card away.

arctic.ac/uk_en/accelero-xtreme-iv.html

Any other after market coolers?

Anyone good with the Tasker app around /sqt/?

I've bought into the automated house meme and got myself a philips hue light in the hallway. I can set timers in the philips app but I want it to turn on when I come home (connect to specific SSID) and turn off ~10 min after turning on.

I've setup Tasker with the hue plugin (AutoHue) so it turns on when wifi connects but I'm having trouble with the turn off timer. It seems I can't turn it on again after turning off because it's waiting on my 10min timer.

Here's how I got it in Tasker:
>Profile: Wifi connected (ssid),*, -> Hue on Wifi
>Tasks:
>1. Autohue IP 192.xxx Light: Huelamp On (works when testing the setting every time)
>2. Wait
>10min
>3. Autohue IP 192.xxx Light: Huelamp Off (works when testing the setting every time)

Is there a more reliable way to configure it? A bunch of times when I've gotten it hasn't triggered to turn On but I can't tell where it fails. I've checked the phone when I get close and Tasker does show up with an active profile whenever it connects to my wifi but the light stays off until I fiddle with it like turning wifi on and off.

Is there any way to transfer contacts from the phones memory on old ass pre-android I don't even know what OS?

maybe, depends on what it is

Locked carrier?

This one gsmarena.com/nokia_100-4120.php Want to move the contacts on to a Nokia 130

I'm not sure, why does it matter?

You can copy the numbers to SIM card then move it to the new phone.
Keep in mind SIM card can have very low memory.

okay Sup Forums how do I learn how to code and use linux?

How secure are VNs on VirtualBox?
I want to:
a)run a personal server on a VN just to fuck around
b) purposefully get a guest infected with viruses (to fuck around again)
Is it safe to do either?
Or is using my Windows 10 PC secure enough for a)? (I do update it regularly)

That's the problem. The SIM card was full so I had to save half my contacts to the phone memory

Can you remove the batteries?

About to finish 3rd year of Uni, so I'm going to jump into C++ before I finish my 5th year. Anyone know a decent book I could use?

amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Jumping-into-C-Alex-Allain/0988927802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494947116&sr=8-1&keywords=jumping into c

My friend recommended this last night and slung me an eBook version of it for free. I was reading the reviews and the fact it's not C++11 standard is kinda off putting, but he's at work and I can't ask him..

You want to move it between devices, right? One brute force method would be moving them a couple of times

C++11 changed a lot of stuff, you want to know how that works desu

thanks friendo

Used to be able to type at about 94WPM average using my old custom capped Ducky Zero
last time I tried was with my Razer Blackwidow @ some 70WPM or so
I want to get back to typing faster