/cyb/ general: cyberpunk and cybersecurity

Stay Inside Edition

/cyb/ general is for discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

>what is cyberpunk?
pastebin.com/raw/Jpci0dqD

>cyberpunk directory
pastebin.com/raw/HiTA1yXK

>nothing to hide? please.
youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

>cybersecurity essentials
pastebin.com/raw/0AjC2mcD

>cybersecurity resources
pastebin.com/raw/98vvNwcH

>thread archive
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/

>thread backup
cyberpunked.org/

>previous thread
>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
join #Sup Forumspunk and #Sup Forumssec

tags: cyb punk sec tech

Other urls found in this thread:

bestsciencefictionbooks.com/best-cyberpunk-books.php
io9.gizmodo.com/the-essential-cyberpunk-reading-list-1714180001
omni.media/must-read-cyberpunk-books
parrotsec.org/
parrotsec.org/features.fx
pastebin.com/UY7RxEqp
youtube.com/watch?v=AyjsAk2y9ZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mesh net
Needed
Pls halp
Neals

Research it yourself shit head

If we are going to keep /cyb/ and /sec/ together, why not rename the thread /cy/pherpunk general? We need to start a second, post-Snowden cypherpunk revolution.

You would think that there would have been a surge of encrypted software development after Snowden, but...

...nothing. No one cares.

should a master password (for disks, keepass, pgp, stuff like that) be something you can remember or complex enough to have to write down? is that four random word method for generating passes actually solid enough?

Go for a complex AND memorable one, like a sentence. Let me recommend
"IshallKEEP/cyb/alive"
Easy.

And thanks in advance.

This. You can learn to memorise longer random passwords if you break it up into chunks or it's based on words.

One of my current passwords is something like 31tkasdfzvt66-- and it didn't take long to memorise.

When did these threads get so slow?

Did we ever get that irc guide?

>completed research
>developed firmware for various embedded devices
>distributed via Mirai
>mfw no one knows
Kms

>implying anyone who would do the development believes a "new alternative" is needed, when all it takes is pgp, and good op sec/fde.

>tfw no tasp addict gf

how can i be more cyberpunk in my own life?

i read most of neuromacner
(im soon getting a thinkpad) what else?

Hahaha Wtf is cyberpunk if not more of a lifestyle? High tech, lowlife.

When we surrendered to the megacorps.

The FAQ is still being written by yours truly.

step one. you shouldn't have to ask
step 2. quit asking and start learning
3. buying things won't make you shit

Why are all /cyber/ books so shitty? Even /cyber/ related philosophy sucks.

This

People were already numb to the idea that they were being spied on 24/7

I'm not sure if it's because they don't understand the extent of the data collection, or if they just don't give a shit

It's both. And desu it ACTUALLY doesn't make a difference in most people's lives, directly.
>inb4 rights
Stop Pretending you have rights faggot. Your a fucking terrorist who can be detained and held indefinitely with no judge or jury.

>move to the city
>get a small apartment
>dark room lit by LED's
>get into /infosec/
>listen to your city's police radio or amateur /ham/
>buy an oscilloscope play music through that shit
>have a bunch of backup computers
>get into cryptology
>learn how to defend yourself get a gun or knife
>do illegal shit don't get caught
>read nigga get the smarts
>always know about the world news
>fuck war
>go out into the city nightlife
>get into electronic shit
>learn how the technology you have works
I know I'm missing some shit.

ohh forgot
>have your own style /wear whatever the fuck you want
Don't copy normal trends in fashion
>get a job if your not in school
gotta pay your hobby
>learn your computer well
>virtual reality
>ramen
>install cameras around the perimeter of your apartment/house/complex whatever the fuck
>anonymity; dont use google, social media,
Currently I think we are heading to a pretty much cyberpunk world with people making all this tech and corporations taking advantage of it. There just need to be one small push like a threat to the government from some hackers to leak all the info they have. Then the gov would call for a new agenda to keep everyone 'safe' in an extreme measure they would surveillance so you couldn't do anything remotely what they deem illegal. A utopia.
But yea, the most important thing I've said in the my first post
>learn how the tech you have works

Does anyone second this?

Anyone have any good /cyb/ fiction worth reading?

this
also movies/shows r cool too

Does /cyb/ use internet banking?

I don't have internet or phone banking because I don't trust those systems to not be compromised.

But now my bank offers code generators, are they secure?

this image isn't cyberpunk, this is just a messy apartment

A Larry Niven fan!

bestsciencefictionbooks.com/best-cyberpunk-books.php

io9.gizmodo.com/the-essential-cyberpunk-reading-list-1714180001

omni.media/must-read-cyberpunk-books

Some meme books in the second link but overall pretty good shit.

I wouldn't trust phone-based anything, but if you mean they give you a little key like that, yes, I'd trust it. Best way to do 2FA. And it does make you more secure from someone out there trying to access your account. But the main risk is still you getting phished. Never click on any link to your bank's site from any communication. Never go to the site from any untrusted or public machine.

Of course you have to trust that the bank's back-end systems and shit are secure. You run this risk whether you use internet-based or conventional banking, though, so unless you're prepared to live a cash-only life, it makes no difference.

good solutions already exist

services that tried to reinvent the wheel by making it more complex never gain traction

It's senseless really

it's likely because the OP doesn't use the same image every thread

the post quality is better though like this imo

this is truth

A few days ago, I have created a simple Python script to create threads and let them connect to a website as fast as possible. What bothers me, most of the websites I test go down. Why? What happened that with such a simple script I can get websites down?

bump

ZIMBABWE

YOU'RE HACKING THE MAINFRAME

Best blogs and websites for general cybersecurity stuff? I know there's a pastebin in OP

Did they actually go down or did you just get your IP banned

Anyone ever used Parrot here? Opinions? Seems like a good alternative to Kali. It has some mode to route everything through Tor or i2p, security enhancements, and all the pentesting stuff. Don't know much about it.

parrotsec.org/

The devs seem like massive faggots though, parrotsec.org/features.fx just scroll all the way down to see what I mean.

>why are websites down after they notice I'm making an attempt to DoS them???
Think a bit harder.

pastebin.com/UY7RxEqp
Here's the superior pastebin that stupid faggot OP refuses to put, also OP is doublefaggot because he keeps on using crap formatting and not using the superior combination of /cyb/ + /sec/ OP , remove all those filler /sec/ pastebin, put the big one and add the cybersecurity essentials one.

What would a cypherpunk society be like and why are there very little books or movies that are cypherpunk?

youtube.com/watch?v=AyjsAk2y9ZQ

Most of this wonderful film takes place on a cyberpunk society.

>cyberpunk society
>cyberpunk
>punk
>society
what is punk

Besides, you are living in one just now, if I use your ilogicall logic.

Since this is the Security general

What updates do I need to download for Win 7

Keep in mind I don't want to update to Win 10 and its been since Win 10 came out that I stopped updating my security stuff

I use a Crp.to OnlyKey for 2FA in as many applications as possible. I've been asking Simple bank to get 2FA for ages now. But my Onlykey does google authenticator, 2FA, yubi OTP, and is UID password manager (it pastes in your username and password and the 2FA code all at once). You just enter your PIN, click the username text area on the webpage and hit the button on the onlykey corresponding to the account you're using.

Idk how /cyb/ it is but Person of Interest is a pretty nice show. Its about an Ex-CIA + middle aged hacker team fighting crime based on anonymous tips they get from an all-seeing AI. It's on Netflis, so if you have a subscription there you could check out the first episode.

Will you guys be playing Cyberpunk 2077 when it releases?

Sure, IF it ever releases. They've spent nearly the last year advertising jobs related to it, if you look at their Twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR go the way of the dodo.

by 2077 i'll be too old to hold pad, leave alone hit right key on keyboard

>tfw u will never be a malware author

It's just not fair!

Learn 2 script.
I don't even know how.

who here runs a botnet?
tell your stories and shit.

t. botmaster since 2009

you're not using 't.' correctly my lad

also, no

Is it worth setting up that Nuke bot that was leaked? Seems bretty good

yes he is fuck off mate
it doesnt have to be used in a funny or ironic way, all hes saying is hes a botmaster

what do you have the bots do during the time that youre not using them? do you do anything with all that raw processing power

I never ever ran a 200k+ zombie botnet ever ima goodboi that didndu nuffin

The fuck is this game based on a board game?

Prey came out and it looked like it was hitting the shitters a few times during dev maybe hyper-realistic claw tits will be released soon?

very useful in vanitygen, shallot, hashcracking etc.
the best use is for scanning tho, like mapping the whole /0

you're better off coding your own, or just mod another source whatever, C is very useful.

Yes. Cyberpunk 2020
It's getting adapted into an rpg video game by CD Project Red (witcher series), although this time it's taking place in the year 2077.

No, you're really not.

Making your own is very hard and you're unlikely to make something as professional as Zeus or Citadel. Much easier to just use an existing, working one and just add in some functionalities.

Nuclear Bot is actually great

well, just as I said.
also, do not talk about banking trojans. Everyone still uses rbot dude.

bump not letting this shit die my soycaf niqqas

wtf happened to this thread? it doesnt seem very healthy.

>Emanuel "Quietwalker" Di Vita

There were posting errors earlier. All my posts failed.

What the fuck is rbot?

Sup Forums almost died and people left for a while.

Is wannacry scare over? How long until encryption programms are available for it?