/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

chapel.cray.com/
amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Jumping-into-C-Alex-Allain/0988927802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494947116&sr=8-1&keywords=jumping into c
docs.python.org/3/library/typing.html
blog.plan99.net/modern-garbage-collection-911ef4f8bd8e
qr.ae/drvVS
qr.ae/drvm8
yager.io/programming/go.html
nomad.so/2015/03/why-gos-design-is-a-disservice-to-intelligent-programmers/
java.dzone.com/news/i-don’t-much-get-go
dtrace.org/blogs/wesolows/2014/12/29/golang-is-trash/
lessonsoffailure.com/software/google-go-not-getting-us-anywhere/
lessonsoffailure.com/software/googles-go-not-getting-us-anywhere-part-2/
lessonsoffailure.com/software/google-go-good-for-nothing/
gist.github.com/kachayev/21e7fe149bc5ae0bd878
docs.python.org/3.7/library/typing.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you fetch only a certain table from CURL? I wanna filter it using a class name

Threadly reminder that dlang-chan is not dead; she's going to have her GC tumor removed (eventually); and she's super duper cute and easy to prototype in! Say something nice about her, /dpt/!

I'd imagine you'd use curl to download the webpage into a file, and then use an html parser to get any elements or structures from the webpage.

>not abusing language features for the sole purpose of abusing language features

Jesus christ dude, please stop

t. Actual D fag

that's correct

>Actual D fag
How does it feel to be mentally ill?

How would I know, you, however, do know the answer though. How often do you go and see your therapist?

I don't have one. Or at least I'm not aware of it.

This is some D-tier banter right here.

>I don't have one
Sure you don't user,
>Or at least I'm not aware of it.
That'd make a sensible approach I suppose.

What is the most pro-White language right now?

Python

Pure C is W&B.

|000000|00000|00000|0|00|0|0000000|00000|
|opcode| re1 | re2 |0|00|i| fun | re3 | integer register

|000000|00000|00000000|1|0000000|00000|
|opcode| re1 | litr |i| fun | re3 | integer literal

|000000|00000|00000|00000000000|00000|
|opcode| re1 | re2 | function | re3 | flaot

|000000|00000|00000|0000000000000000|
|opcode| re1 | re2 | displacement | memory

|000000|00000|0000000000000000000000|
|opcode| re1 | displacement | branch

Should I give the opcode two more bits?

These "languages" are a disservice to White people.

64 instructions aren't enough even for RISC.

You have 10 seconds to explain why aren't you programming in Chapel right now?
chapel.cray.com/
>designed for HPC and parallelism
>does everything better than Go
>Desided that they don't want gc unlike D
>syntax way cleaner than in sepples

White people are a disservice to White people, t b h f a m.

I don't program in POOlangs.

>Developed by Cray
>was funded by DARPA
nigger pls

what i'm trying to achieve is to save contents of this table on a text file

Hey /dpt/, I'm searching for a programming language, which doesn't have version cancer (like perl 5/6, python 2/3, etc), which isn't dead and is enjoyable to use.

HolyC
All the rest are for nigger cattle

Fuck. Dynamic typing is just unbearable. Slows down development so much but I'm forced to use python.

How do I speed this up? Is there good tools for making python type-checked? Anything would help.

LUA.

>Dynamic typing
>Slows down development

I thought the whole point of it was that it's "easier" to use.

>I don't program in POOlangs.
Just keep it to "I don't program", anything but that is incorrect

Does risc-v use seven bit?

Is Go a meme ?

Java, C++, C#, Go, etc; Poo.

Learn C like a real man.

Yes, it does, but you should really start with learning how to count by yourself.

Hey guys, what is the best programming language? Please tell me so I can learn it and move on with my life.

Rust, and I'm not even memeing. Well, maybe a little.

Ook.

If what you're doing is absolutely trivial in complexity you can probably handle the mental overhead and it'd be very slightly faster since you don't need to define types and such things. But Even then I feel that you're probably overestimating how much time it takes to define those types in contrast to the errors you have to catch at runtime.
For anything bigger you probably want some kind of static checking. The more the better.
Personally I don't find arguments for dynamic languages compelling. It seems to come from a misunderstanding of what statically type checked languages are like.

Should I learn C and then C++, vice versa, or just C++?

>Learn C like a real man.
>pajeet thinks C isn't a poo language

Kill yourself, programming has nothing to do with race.

help me please

This pajeet meme needs to end now.
This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

Agreed, C is a poo language.
Also Haskell and all dialects of Lisp; they are also poo languages.
>b--b--but user if i can't use c dialects and i can't use haskell or lisp dialects then there are basically no languages left over bwuuuuh
Agreed. That's because programming is a poo hobby.
You wanna be a real man? Stop screwing around with your toys and go do something with your life that won't make you fat.

It's a mental illness user, please be patient

Assembly.
You can do anything in it.
You can't really do anything in many other languages.
There's a lot of variants to learn though.
C is a good shortcut.

oh this explains a lot

t. pajeet

>pajeet
That's from Sup Forums though.

> Assembly.
Which ISA tho?

Agreed. The pajeet meme is a poo language that only pajeets use.

Haskell and Erlang

6 G B P S

>create new language that's binary compatible with C called "C1"
>it's literally C renamed to C1
>no regulations surrounding C1
>no ((((certification)))) and (((training))) needed!

Also this is going to happen basically forever until you ban computers because good luck stopping people from making new languages

@60428874

ayo boys, I'm currently trying to wirte a web scraper in C, in this case tailored to grabbing images from a Sup Forums thread. I've done the equivilant in python with little difficulty, but obviously C is a little more complicated than just import bs4. I've looked into libcurl for retrieving the actual html response, but I have yet to truly understand how it works, with all the "easy_curl_*" stuff being kind of automagical. I was wondering if anyone had any experience retrieving and parsing html data in C. Incidentally, Sup Forums seems to detect that my C program is not a human being and just returns a "you are a robot solve this captcha" response whereas my python scraper gets to the actual html. Any ideas?

Is ruby better than python?

It seems to make everything right.

Sup Forums what is the best language no memes please

languages that are memes:
* any OOP languages -- they're for drooling brainlets who don't know what a cache is
* any FP languages -- they're for delusional nerds who think they're better than everyone else but have actually slipped too far into the nuances of software development and have been lost to the great glowy screen in the dark room and the smell of hotpockets
* any Web languages -- they're for normies who don't really program
* any languages that aren't Turing complete -- they're for script kiddies who can't even do Web """"programming""""
* any languages that are too verbose to actually use for anything (e.g. C, any dialect of assembly) -- they're for hardware nuts who build computers but don't actually know much about them beyond that
* any obscure languages -- they're for smelly autists who don't think they'll ever need a job

Rust.

Visual Basic 6.

>fp
Meme

About to finish 3rd year of Uni, so I'm going to jump into C++ before I finish my 5th year. Anyone know a decent book I could use?

amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Jumping-into-C-Alex-Allain/0988927802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494947116&sr=8-1&keywords=jumping into c

My friend recommended this last night and slung me an eBook version of it for free. I was reading the reviews and the fact it's not C++11 standard is kinda off putting, but he's at work and I can't ask him.

>Rust.
OOP
Forgot one:
* any proprietary languages -- they're for poojeets

>t. pajeet

Rust is neither FP nor OOP you retards.

>t. brainlet

>Rust is neither FP nor OOP you retards.
it's OOP

It's as much OOP as Haskell, which is not OOP at all.

Just use prefix in your name variable. For instance str_op, float_op_faggotnes, int_total_you, etc.

>wirte a web scraper in C
why tho

if comments on a south-sudanees coin collecting website hurt your feelings, perhaps, this isn't the best place for you, pajeet

fortran or nothing

I'm tempted. Feels really hacky though. There should be tools for this.

But the closest you can get is VB6. I'm not even memeing.

No. Not at all.

>2017
>dynamicofags reinventing the Hungarian notation

>if comments on a south-sudanees coin collecting website hurt your feelings, perhaps, this isn't the best place for you, pajeet
This counterargument is self-defeating. You at first expect me not to take anything posted on this site too seriously -- going so far as to call it a "south-sudanees coin collecting website," a variation of a meme usually used to discredit this website -- but then, having so discredited it, you suggest, by way of calling me "pajeet," that it's somehow a bad thing that I don't belong here. Which is it?

I read about a language that is automatically multithreaded, anything that can be split up is. It's dead now though so that's fucking gay because I really wanted to use it.

What's wrong with Hungarian notation?

That is the worst fucking idea. To do anything synchronously you'd have to explicitly have each statement wait on the previous.

>tfw too dumb for linked lists

i wish i had focus in class instead of having to learn everything by myself the day before an exam

It does that automatically, it only splits the work up if they don't need to be carried out in a specific order

Sup Forums's technology board, everybody

>please ban for comments like this, including mine

It's ez af.

docs.python.org/3/library/typing.html
maybe this?

well, ppl say history is cyclical

>a complete stranger calls you pajeet
>on a site that is known for it's edgynes
>still get your panties in a bunch
this means that, maybe this place is not for you
what do you not understand

automating the discovery of parallelism is a pretty hard task, also the fork/join pair is very costly, so to multithread a few instructions just for the sake of multithreading is not the brightest idea

Damn, that's pretty good then. Sounds like the way assembly works, except higher level.

Cython lets you use C types and stuff directly in python and then you compile it giving massive performance gains.

>this means that, maybe this place is not for you
>what do you not understand
Your argument is that this site is not for me. To supplement it, you suggest people on this site are not trustworthy when they call me a pajeet. Yet you call me a pajeet. Suggesting, by your own reasoning, that you are not trustworthy. So how am I to believe you when you say people here who call me a pajeet are not trustworthy? And if I am not, then why not, considering I then must believe people here who call me a pajeet ARE trustworthy, which then includes you?

you are either being retarded on purpose, or are actually retarded, contributing to the racial stereotypes, I don't know which is worse

Let me get this straight
>you manifest the liar's paradox
>i merely point out you've done so
>I'M retarded
lol ok

I'm finding uni so boring. It's way too easy, it's only java and I've been using java for years. I wish I could have some C or anything else, hell even assembly would be worth the pain because it would actually be teaching me something.

Try getting crazy with it.

Can I inherit a constructor in Java?
For example I have Block super class, and then I have StripedBlocks, InvertedBlocks, DoubleBlocks, and they all have multiple constructors that recieve similar parameters.
Is it possible to somehow else make super constructors so I dont have to repeat it in every block type?

Nope, you have to implement each constructor you need with explicit calls to super.

In every type of constructor I just convert it to my "main" constructor. So super is only getting called from the first constructor.

learning purposes, I want to minimize the amount of time I spend as a computing brainlet. I want to understand programming beyond importing libraries so that when a problem arises that doesn't have a solution I will not be helpless.

t. brainlet

unfortunately same story

what I was pointing at, is that you are on Sup Forums, you shouldn't be offended by the post here, or if you can't help yourself, then it's better (for the community and yourself) if you leave
only it seems you are to dense to even get that

I see, have "fun" then

>Using C for high level things

Oh god I tried to make a web scraper, it's hell on earth. Save yourself while you can.

For the detection problem, it's probably because you're not sending a user-agent, you need to spoof one and pretend to be a windows 10 firefox computer or something like that instead of just requesting it with no information. It's the classic way of blocking newbots.

According to the definitive and official /dpt/ programming language benchmark, it's Haskell.

top10
Haskell GHC: 0.454930841 seconds time elapsed
OCaml: 0.747779583 seconds time elapsed
Java OpenJDK: 1.189619693 seconds time elapsed
Scala: 1.484613540 seconds time elapsed
Scheme Gambit: 1.932229635 seconds time elapsed
Dart: 2.585097637 seconds time elapsed
Common Lisp SBCL: 3.015000773 seconds time elapsed
Crystal: 3.034363672 seconds time elapsed
Scheme Bigloo: 3.604533288 seconds time elapsed
Racket: 3.618877176 seconds time elapsed

Yes

blog.plan99.net/modern-garbage-collection-911ef4f8bd8e
qr.ae/drvVS
qr.ae/drvm8
yager.io/programming/go.html
nomad.so/2015/03/why-gos-design-is-a-disservice-to-intelligent-programmers/
java.dzone.com/news/i-don’t-much-get-go
dtrace.org/blogs/wesolows/2014/12/29/golang-is-trash/
lessonsoffailure.com/software/google-go-not-getting-us-anywhere/
lessonsoffailure.com/software/googles-go-not-getting-us-anywhere-part-2/
lessonsoffailure.com/software/google-go-good-for-nothing/
gist.github.com/kachayev/21e7fe149bc5ae0bd878

It is.

>Is there good tools for making python type-checked?
docs.python.org/3.7/library/typing.html

>How do I speed this up?
TDD

>designed for HPC and parallelism
Still slower than c or c++ and the memory consumption is insane.

>she's going to have her GC tumor removed (eventually)
Yes, eventually.

Thank you for using an anime image.

I spent the last few days reading about rust but I really dislike it now that I try to make something with it ;_;
Is there even a way to directly slice an UTF8 string by index of code points? Like what python3 does by default with its slices.

one thing you could try is adding a constructor in your base class that accepts a parameter of type Object[], moving your other base constructors to private scope, and calling them from this new constructor depending on the runtime types of the objects in the parameter array

then you'd only need to re-declare one constructor per derived class