Elementery OS "Loki"

Elementery OS "Loki"
Best linux distro?

Other urls found in this thread:

liliputing.com/2015/02/elementary-os-devs-say-youre-cheating-dont-pay-free-software.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In my opinion, yes.
>windows user

It works immediately with minimal configuration and isn't a pubescent eyesore.

>daily reminder that if you downloaded eOS for free you're a filthy thief. :^)

what

liliputing.com/2015/02/elementary-os-devs-say-youre-cheating-dont-pay-free-software.html

didn't read lol
why do they put an option to not pay then ?

fucking retards

It looks like macOS.

This is the first FUD of the elementary OS distro... Oh man how they grow up so fast.

To explain it, the creator had to spend 5 months explaining his payment agenda, and eventually everyone understood it. Liliputing just didn't get it at the time that elementary LLC is a two-man band that developed something like Linux Mint but with design in mind, and to actually maintain quality they needed money.

why pay for this when Solus is free?

Explaining further, the payment system is akin to a donation if you really liked the OS and you want it to grow further. The creators are not jews and will actually use the money to make it better.

I had a big bug someday in January, and they actually fixed it.

>Not a Jew
>Demanding donations
Fuck off

Hi there eos dev. No one cares about your shit insecure distro which lags 2 years behind Ubuntu (which, by your standards, you steal code from).
Go shillpost somewhere else.

the gnome fork nobody needed and nobody asked for

just like budgie

Other than the insecure and greedy devs, is there anything wrong with elementary OS?

>The three core rules the developers set for themselves were "concision", "avoid configuration" and "minimal documentation"

It's like someone wrote down the 3 things wrong in the tech industry and thought 'how can I make money of this'

i use it and got stone soup dungeon crawl tiles on it. paid 5 bux...

Ah yes, it indeed lags behind when we base it on LTSes for maximum stability. Woe is me if ncmpcpp isn't the latest one.

Donations aren't a form of jewry, y'know?
Especially when they are used correctly in advancing the distro further.

Damn right, user

wait wtf.... are you memeing Atom or is it actually useful to code Java without an IDE?

I can't imagine coding java without a good intelli sense

how can distro be more cancer than ubuntu?
based on ubuntu

Not memeing
I'm just using it for Java because i'm aren't allowed to use an IDE in my college exams in our programming course
It's a thing of habit

>suitable for Linux newbies?

yes

>Best linux distro?

Nope

>people are preparing for college, while my 28 year old NEET ass is shitposting...

the fuck happened with my life.... maybe I should follow the elementary OS peeps and make money from linux nooblets

Is it actually usable and stable?

Last time I tried elementery was with 0.2 or something, I think.
Just been using ubuntu like forever now, but the eOS DE is pretty comfy desu

okay, then I'll wait patiently til ubuntu 18.04 masterrace is released.

It doesn't support release upgrade so to the trash it goes.

Also

Koreans are better bitches.

What the fuck did I just read?

Yeah, Ubuntu LTS version is the best distro for desktop use. OpenSUSE is nice too.

I think elementary OS is an excellent "babby's first Linux" because they've made it visually appealing out-of-the-box to most people.
It's a good stepping stone to get into Linux and once people are comfortable with it they can change distro.

i dont like that background

fake tits

I like Pantheon

can I install AUR packages? if not then I don't think so

E X P O S E D
X
P
O
S
E
D

:^)

not really. looks worse

having a great OOTB experience runs directly counter to what makes linux great. It's fine if noobs want to use Elementary for that reason, but they will never stick with linux unless they take control of their computing, and understand how software works and how it's made. Once they do that, they will soon want a distro that caters to their technology preferences instead of putting all efforts into creating a one size fits all UX.

That said, I like what Elementary is doing with asking for payment. More libre software devs should feel comfortable asking users to at least give a few dollars if what they're making is really unique. Income can start to provide the dev time needed for projects that need a lot of resources but can't get them because of being niche. (infamously, every NLVE project ever)

only thing i really dislike about it is that you can't install ppas oob. pretty sick of mac lookalikes tho

>make my OS more difficult to use, damn it
>why don't normies use my favourite OS?

Not only fake tits. Fake face and everything. Korea is the best country at being fake and not natural.

>not allowed to practice something in the usual environment you will practice it in

youre university sounds fucking retarded

I use it after some distro hopping, its fast and looks good apart from the initial handholding you have to disable

>ok grandma click the circle menu
>now open sundry
>ya know what forget it, just alt + f2
>now type "mpv *filename*" and hit enter
>it does nothing? oh wait the budgie alt f2 menu doesn't support fla- grandma, are you there?

>normies
hello normalfag