/ghmd/

Welcome to the Sup Forums Hand Me Down Thread!

The purpose of this thread is for the lurkers/posters of Sup Forums to find a market for their second hand electronics or computer components. Its a well held belief on Sup Forums that paying for brand new electronics is not worth the price:performance ratio, and because of this I believe that /ghmd/ has a place on Sup Forums.

/ghmd/ follows /fglt/'s example in that it is a friendly environment for requesting items and promoting your own second hand electronics.

As with any new General or maintained thread it's gonna be slow at first, please be patient with them. After a while I'll be able to update the OP with what Sup Forums believes certain components are worth and eventually make a buyers guide for used components.

>ON SALE FROM LAST THREAD
AMD FX-4300 (Bid at $2.25)

8 GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1333mhz (the bid is @ $1.00)

A Pentium G 645 (No listing added)

g3258 cpu, hyper 212, asus z97-ar, two asus 270x, and 12gb of ddr3-1600 (No listing provided)

This user bought an old as fuck hard drive for modern price per GB

This user gives his approval of these threads since he's bought directly from Sup Forums before

This user thinks these threads are a scam even though there is 8GB of DDR3 up for a single dollar.

this is never going to be a thing

Mind if I ask you why you think this won't succeed? What's is it lacking? What can be done better?

this really doesn't neet to be a general thread

I wouldn't hold out on a sensible answer. In fact, I wouldnt hold out for an answer at all, people on g like to spout negative bollocks with nothing to back it up like it empowers then or something.

I'm not sure if it will, but solely because things like the chink shit general would take away a lot of competition from this thread;why buy shit second hand from a g neckbeard when you can get it dirt cheap from China

Specifically responding to the /csg/ part, eBay neckbeard items are covered by the eBay money back gurantee, I personally don't trust chink websites, and I'm not sure if alibaba & its clones sell 2500k's; DDR3; etc. but I can see why people would go for the cheap new chink

Amiga 600 in mint condition with Furia020, Indivision ECS, Indivision A604n. (33MHz 68020, 14MB RAM, 4GB ATA Compact Flash).
With PCMCIA WiFi, USB mouse adapter and mouse, ATX PSU, Genesis gamepad (power pin mod). No yellowing.

400€
Ask if interested.

ATX PSU details?

Ah ok, so assuming the postings here are eBay listings then fair enough, at least eBay's got you covered. That's probably good g to be a selling point t of the general, so pushing for those kinds of listings will help vs. The csg but whether you can get most anons with stuff to sell to do it through eBay is another thing.

On the csf, I do get the distrust around d chink sites, e.g. the regular scan of buying g something dirt cheap, doesn't turn up, vendor says will send another to put off buyer getting a refund, product still doesn't arrive and buyers protection runs out during the wait. Surprisingly, CSG is pretty informative on how to go about buying shit on chink sites which may sway some

how many stupid generals has this board?

Just a silver-grade black desktop 450W ATX PSU with an original A600 power cable coming out from it. You use the hardwired switch on the PSU to turn the system on/off.

Okay, so I'll add to the new OP that

"/ghmd/ recommends eBay listing some for buyers protection"

?

There needs to be a Google Doc in the OP with a seller's/buyer's list. The odds of finding something you want just by scrolling through a single thread is pretty low. Contact information would help too.

Well any sort of market place that offers decent buyers protection would be a good piece of advice. If enough people start listing it may be worth getting a few opinion from the seller's regarding online marketplaces as well but the general needs to pick up a bit for that

Alright, I'll make one when I get the time, in uni right now

>Its a well held belief on Sup Forums that paying for brand new electronics is not worth the price:performance ratio
yeah right, common electronics like pc hardware and smartphones often have an inflated price because of the high demand for them, you're still paying a significant amount of money for outdated specs

$50 viable alternate to a modern $200 CPU

Dude what

you'd need a motherboard and memory too. if you have those already then chances are you have a 2500k or better already.

if you're on core 2 duo or core 2 quad, a 2500k isn't a huge upgrade or you would have upgraded years ago, you'd be waiting for a huge upgrade like 7700k or ryzen or something

Also OP you may need some form of rules or guidelines, e.g. about tech discussions in the thread and what have you to try and prevent it becoming another hardware general or x fanboy vs. y fanboy flamewars. As for people shitposting that it won't take off, people said that about every general going, persistence will get results if you've got the time

These threads are new. If I were home I'd post my collection. I have a large setup of liquid cooling parts. Probably like 15 fans of varying shapes, sizes, and specs. Spare power supply (Silverstone SFX 450w gold). I wouldn't mind helping out my fellow neckbeards. Please keep making these threads OP.

Getting all used parts you could probably get ram mobo and CPU under the cost of a single new CPU, not Everyone is looking to build a top of the line system

I'd like to hear what you think some rules should be, I'm trying to get more people involved in shaping the OP so more people get invested and the thread survives

This. I bought a cpu/mobo/ram combo for under $40 after shipping, and aside from the ram it's the best set I own.

I even bought it through Sup Forums.

Not that user, but relatively simple. No blatant shitposting. I.e. "looking to buy Intel CPU"
>"buying any intel CPU in 2017"
Usually accompanied by a smug laughing anime grill.

Both buyer and seller must be aware of eBay rules of asking on there. Seller would make it clear in their post if they're going to pay for shipping, it does the buyer have to. Posts ITT are allowed to offer alternatives to a buyer, but don't make post after post and shit up the thread trying to convince the buyer to consider something else. It's their money and their choice. Lastly is everyone ITT accepting that all parts are "as is". If you buy a used HDD and it goes belly up 2 months later, you can try and go after the seller nor should you come to Sup Forums to complain.

Anime grills are still accepted of course. So long as they're not attached to worthless posts

Can't try and go after the seller*

Something like
Rules of /ghmd/:
>No blatant shitposting or flame wars between fanboys, these threads are for buying/selling/discussing prices
>Any item you claim to be selling must be accompanied by pictures w/ time stamp (to prove you're not using stock photos) or a link to a listing, /ghmd/ recommends eBay.
>No spamming listings, if someone wants to buy what you have they'll respond or bid on the reply you posted the first time

?

Fucking finally

Sounds good to me.

Anyone selling a Thnkpad x200 on Argentina?

At the beginning of every thread I'll include a recap of the past thread, only include posts with active listings and unfilled requests, anything else for the OP?

Maybe some common b&s websites like craiglist? Somewhere when anons can publish and review what's available

bump

This could be the start of a worthwhile general. bumping

How does this look for the next OP guys?

Welcome to the Sup Forums Hand Me Down Thread!

Previous Thread:

The purpose of this thread is for the lurkers/posters of Sup Forums to find a market for their second hand electronics or computer components. Its a well held belief on Sup Forums that paying for brand new electronics is not worth the price:performance ratio, and because of this I believe that /ghmd/ has a place on Sup Forums.

/ghmd/ follows /fglt/'s example in that it is a friendly environment for requesting items and promoting your own second hand electronics.

As with any new General or maintained thread it's gonna be slow at first, please be patient with them. After a while I'll be able to update the OP with what Sup Forums believes certain components are worth and eventually make a buyers guide for used components.

/ghmd/ Rules:

>No blatant shitposting or flame wars between fanboys, these threads are for buying/selling/discussing prices.
>Any item you claim to be selling must be accompanied by pictures w/ time stamp (to prove you're not using stock photos) or a link to a listing, /ghmd/ recommends eBay or any site with buyers protection from scams.
>No spamming listings, if someone wants to buy what you have they'll respond or bid on the reply you posted the first time.

COMING SOON:

>A Google Spreadsheet of item's people are looking to sell and things people are looking to buy, it will be easy to read and well organized.

>A recommened items list, divided into use case scenario and price range

>Possibly a blog/website for reviews of popular requested items(?) (Not sure if Sup Forums wants this, very rarely do they want to go off site for discussion as far as I've seen)

Looks solid. Should see some more interest over the next few days

I'm also selling an AM3+ MoBo for the FX4300, will post on eBay after I get home

Just out of curiosity, what is the minimum shitbox that could run csgo at 720p30? pic related.

EVGA 660 Ti for $100, fair or nain?

I still have the box and all that shit, the only thing it need is a good cleaning of the fan

>720p30
>csgo

all that for $35 is some fucking bullshit, probably stolen and wants to get rid of it asap

For 35 you can't really go wrong when you can throw a 150-200 graphics card in it and play games better than a console would, as for if that'll do the job, you'd have to post specs, if it turns on and works, that's worth $35

For a 2013 card I wouldn't pay more than $50, $70 max, but maybe a collector will want it since you still have the box. If you were to put it on eBay I'd recommend putting it up for $60

not worth $100 when gtx 1060 is $180 and rx 580 is $205 brand new on amazon

Jesus christ, is "Hand Me Down Thread" the best title you got?

how about /sht/ - second hand tech

It's the second thread of an idea I got on the toilet, I'd be more than willing to change it to /sht/ or /shtg/ if need be, but if I change it there's gonna be a transition thread with both names in the subject field so people know it's being changed

I support this thread.

Also I have a cisco 2950 switch and a dying t61p(nvidia chip) that are just sitting around. Gauging interest.

I might buy the switch for 20

A list of some things I'm selling: www.bazang.ca

I'm canadian and a lot of the stuff there is overpriced

Can I get a price check (USD)?

Gigabyte GTX 760 GPU
MSI HD 7770 GPU
Pentium G860 CPU
Asus 24" 1080p monitor

I'm thinking $20 for the 760, 7770, and 860, and something like $50-$70 for the monitor, but would like to know how realistic those numbers are

/sht/ would be an amusing and catchy name for the general

I think it would be worth a change, especially since the general is so new

I'll make the logo

let me try that again

>tfw can't come up with a workable word to turn it into /shit/

second-hand internet technology?

actually naming the general /shit/ would be a bit much

How much do you make out a sale ? This shit won't work without an escrow service. This how eBay,Aliexpress work

This wat buyer seller protect is.

Shipping is also a bitch

Second hand internet trade

Second hand item trade
Second hand item tech

See

good thread

>/sht/ - second hand tech
I like it

I got 720p 50fps average csgo on all low with a core2duo e6700, 3gb of ddr2 and a gt710

As long as that thing is from the last 10 years its good to go with even a minor gpu upgrade if I needs one at all.
Looks like they took care of it too
For 35$ you can't go wrong for a full functional system with Windows 7

When you can get things like the rx460 for less money new I wouldn't buy a 600 series card for over maybe 60$
Of yours is in really great condition you can maybe getaway with around 80, but plain and simple it's a power hungry 4 year old card that's overshadowed by some budget cards of today

You can get more for the gpus easily
A 760 can be an easy 70$, same for the 7770
Hell, used 750ti's sometimes go for that much

bump

Is the HD 7450 1gb a good buy at under $20? Looking to add a second monitor to my old pc, I'm not much of a gaymer.

I have a 12.7mm laptop bluray drive if anyone is interested. No coverplate, use the one from your current laptop of course.

panasonic UJ-141AJAA-B 6x blu ray reader and dvd writer etc