Best free antivirus

Hi guys,

Can you guys recommend me the best free antivirus for microsoft windows 10..

The best OS ever created

Common Sense 2018

Windows Defender.

Clamav. Free not as free beer.

common sense + windows defender + security essentials

>best OS
>needs anti-virus software

>his OS is so shit that literally nobody uses it so nobody bothers with making malware for it
T O P K E K
O
P
K
E
K

>unironically recommending one of the worst and most useless AV systems around as the best option
Get out of here, MS employees.

>operating systems like iOS and OS X are used by millions of people
>RHEL used by the US government
>majority of internet connected servers run Linux
Yeah, nobody uses Unix-like systems, amirite? It's all just Windows desktops and shitdroid phones.

>Richard MATTHEW stallman aka "rm *" is not my avocado
kek

Anti Pajeet & Cyka Blyat 2018

I'd rather have people use it than some of the other big name antivirus software.

Are you dyslexic?

No, but it's funnier that way.

EVEN MICROSOFT doesn't recommend the built-in shit by itself as the only defense! They're giving worse advice than literal shills!

Whenever I see someone post "No one uses Linux," I imagine what they mean is no one with an IQ below 100 uses Linux which is why no one writes malware for it. Which is partially right, Linux is also just more secure by design.

>no one with an IQ below 100 uses Linux
explain the existence of Sup Forums

Autism != Down's syndrome
Linux != Windows

>non sequitur
... what

If you want to go HAM get the Bitdefender: Big Black Dick Pro Edition package and install that shit on your Desktop your Macbook your Android etc. Wait for a sale if its not I got a year for $40.

So I take it you all are too busy jerking yourselves off to make any serious recommendations?

You are correct. Welcome to Sup Forums, newfag.

windows is a virus

simple
pay in bitcoin to decrypt your files

Windows is a virus
delete it

Bitdefender. Also stop larping, nigger.

Nigger, all AV systems are useless. Who cares if you block 99/100 ransomwares? No AV can offer complete protection and one fuckup is enough to lose your data.

>EVEN MICROSOFT doesn't recommend the built-in shit by itself as the only defense!

That was true back when Windows 8.1 was the latest OS. Not true anymore.

The latest tests have Defender doing quite well now (97%), and it doesn't do any fuckery like replacing DLLs in web browsers with their own versions or extra value-add shit like every other AV.

>Linux is also just more secure by design.

Grsec would beg to differ.

These

Its called using an OS that isn't susceptible to ransomware being fed through your network

It boggles my mind why you tards are still on Windows when Linux is easier and safer.

Avast Free works really well with only 3 shields installed (Behaviour shield ommitted, all bloatware unchecked). The customer service/ feedback team is nice and polite.

Windows 7

linux is more secure tho

Windows Defender, coupled with the Human Brain add-on, should protect you from 99.9999% of threats.

Common Sense + noscript. I use VirusTotal uploader for suspicious executables.

Get rid of Windows. Try Ubuntu or Elementary OS. If you really, really, really need to stick to Windows because you're a dumbshit, built-in Windows Defender is enough as long as you don't click on every ad you see and ignore emails from Nigerian royalty.

second this

>what is all this airplane security for? 1 in 1000 attempts at hijacking is successful anyway!

Windows 10
Update your shit
Run Windows Defender
Run as non-admin (standard) user with a separate admin account used to install shit
Run behind a decent firewall

Do these things and you are more secure than 95% of people out there.