Systemd exploit lets anyone access your files

Once again, Linux proving that is not better than Windows in terms of security and that its attack surface is just as nasty if not worse.

>tl;dr
New Ubuntu version that has made the change to systemd a while back has a security flaw in login screen that can let anyone access your files, olders versions that use upstart are obviously not affected.

>Canonical has already pushed out a update that temporarily disables Ubuntu guest session logins (so if you noticed it was missing, that’s why).

Enjoy your shitty wannabe Windows registry linux faggots. Real Unix systems like MacOS or *BSD don't have this problem.

What's next? a keylogger hidden in pulseaudio?

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/lightdm/ bug/1663157

Other urls found in this thread:

modzero.ch/modlog/archives/2017/05/11/en_keylogger_in_hewlett-packard_audio_driver/index.html
github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/tree/master/srcpkgs/gnome
gnome.org
repo.voidlinux.eu/current
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow, it's a good thing nobody HAS to use systemd

>noobuntu

>Issue in AppArmour
>MUH SYSTEMD

>Real Unix systems like MacOS or *BSD
Sure they are Unix-like, but they will never be true UNIX in spirit, for they are warped and twisted creations by those who never understood the UNIX model and its simplifications.

this isnt systemd, its ubuntu
its not even related to systemd

What's systemd? I keep hearing about it on chat boards but none of my machines use it.

Poettering needs to fucking neck himself already. This man and his butt buddies just make poor design decision after poor design decision.

Fuck off. If you want to use GNOME, you must have it. If you install a distro that isn't Gentoo, Slack, or Devuan you'll get it by default and most people won't bother changing it.

>if a commercial airliner is unsafe, you're in luck because you can buy and fly your own plane!

>Ubuntu guest session logins
But I already disable this myself on every install.

>security flaw in login screen

That thing that runs 20seconds per year and only I have access to. Now that's a huge problem indeed, lel

>If you want to use GNOME
What kind of a retard would use GNOME?
>If you install a distro that isn't Gentoo, Slack, or Devuan
You forgot Void Linux.

You are not fooling anyone Red Hat shill.

GNOME requires systemd
KDE Plasma Wayland requires systemd
Firefox went pulseaudio only since version 52
etc etc

>systemd exploit lets anyone access your files
Wrong.
AppArmor is considered only *after* passing the standard Unix file permissions, so no one has access to your files unless you open them up to the world yourself.
Also, you have to physically access the machine to log in as guest. If an attacker has physical access, you are beyond fucked anyway.

literally, what's the alternative?

PCLinuxOS is probably the most popular systemd-less distro, it's a very good as a desktop daily driver and has a nice repo which covers most software needs.

>tfw you literally cannot use Linux without relying on malware written by a Red Hat employee.

SysV init (crap), BSD init (BSDs and Slackware), OpenRC (Alpine, Gentoo/Funtoo, Manjaro), Runit, sinit.

The inits which existed before systemd haven't ceased to exist. You still have sysvinit, runit, openrc, and others. Just use whatever you would have used if systemd never existed, problem solved.

Just use bash as init. The bonus is that you'll have auto-login as root.

>badly configured systemd+apparmor
>systemd exploit

Hahaha this always baffles me, systemd faggots trying blaming the user for their shitty code.

Just like Kay who tried to blame other Linux developer for his shitty systemd regression and then Linus called him out for his bullshit.

The anime image doesn't make you any less of a faggot btw.

>poorly configured AppArmor
>systemd exploit

Are anti-systemd people really this retarded?

>blaming AppArmor == blaming the user
Are you actually retarded?

>Ubuntu exclusive bug
>Not about systemd
>Already fixed thanks to community (a similar bug take 2 months to be patched on Windows)
>Need physical access so you are fucked anyway (if you ddid't crypt your files)

End of thread

Are you actually this desperate?

wtf I hate systemD shills now

Just use Devuan. It's Debian minus SystemD.

Will my system brake If my uninstall systemd?

yeah I've been using Devuan since they released their 1.0 and haven't had any problems

Is devuan testing as stable as stretch is now?

Don't use systemd

Don't use GNOME

Don't use GTK

Don't use GTK

Don't use Fedora.

Avoid Red Hat Winows-ization cancer.

they implemented the guest session sloppily
it's not an actual systemd exploit

You autistics screeched about the exact same fucking thing in windows by replacing sticky keys
Lmao

how is this a systemd bug?

>systemD
and what about systemd?

>Blames the configuration of a program for his shitty code
>I am only blaming the software not the user!

My bad. I didn't knew systemd+apparmor magically configures itself, you stupid retard.

And here it is another systemd shill doing exactly the same thing.

It can still be built with alsa on gentoo.

system8=========D

wow, good think I use Void Linux :^)

GTK doesn't depend on systemd you inbred

aids for linux

> I didn't knew systemd+apparmor magically configures itself, you stupid retard.
Well, that's the thing, they don't. Programmer who wrote the guest session implementation did it wrong. Not a systemd fault.
> iptables -t filter -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
> I got an army of bots on me! Iptables have an exploit! Linux is finished and bankrupt!

Yes. 14.04 can live without it.

not if you properly configure a replacement like runit or upstart

should probably note however that removing the systemd meta package from ubuntu/debian/fedora will remove your entire desktop. Arch/Gentoo should be alright.

You'd be better off just getting Void/Alpine/*BSD or something else that doesnt ship with systemd

Linux and systemd are not mutually inclusive.

>What's next? a keylogger hidden in pulseaudio?
Do you mean HP+high quality drivers on Windows? Nice story.
modzero.ch/modlog/archives/2017/05/11/en_keylogger_in_hewlett-packard_audio_driver/index.html

Neither are ntoskrnl and windows

Okay?

>!remote_execution
Nice try

This has literally nothing to do with systemd, this is a bug in the apparmor profile for lightdm on ubuntu. Stop spreading misinformation.

The NSA must be really thankful with Harry Potter, thanks to his systemd cancer now being the de facto standard in all Linux they already must have doubled their list of Linux 0 day exploits.

All your Linux distros are full of nasty binary blobs like that.

Thanks for the proof. Oh wait...

>Factor by which NSA zero day exploits have been multiplied = 2
>Linux NSA zero day exploits = 0

>2 * 0 = 0

Wow, it's nothing!

Literally 99% of distros come with binary blobs in the form of software or drivers, how do you think your modern hardware works you stupid retard?

Thanks for the (you) faggot

The delusion of Lunix fanboys never ceases to amaze me.

>use a Libre kernel
>no binary blobs

Wow

Still no proof, just FUD. Literal idiot.
>Thanks for the (you)
Great achievement for your kind.

>Not using Gentoo

systemd is the greatest shite they did to linux.
fuck off shill!

>t. mactoddler

What does exactly systemd that a lot of user hate it so fucking much? the spy part or what?

>KDE Plasma Wayland requires systemd
No it doesn't, you fucking wanker.

It works too well with no configuration, this is suspicious to the autistbeards who are used to having to manually edit text config files to get basic functionality like automounting volumes and such.

Kernel is not the only thing that has those you illiterate faggot.

>all linux desktop use gstreamer and chrome
You can be replaced with a bot.

Nobody gives a shit about apparmor its Ubuntu specific and the reason it isn't working correctly is because the Ubuntu devs haven't hacked in the support yet.

This isn't an exploit.

This is so wrong

Commit self poku or something

Just don't install any driver with a binary blob you dumb asshole.

Regular non-driver software can have blobs too you stupid prick.

>not using Denuvain
Lmao

>MacOS or *BSD don't have this problem.
This, minus the mac part since Mac is just a bastardized BSD system.

>What's next? a keylogger hidden in pulseaudio?
kek

They do because 99% of your NSA-controlled CIA nigger distros use it.

Winbabbies are desperate after last week's ransomware, digging up old bugs and whatnot

>don't use the ones that do
>yea but some do
pottery.

You are even more retarded than this guy

Just use a distro that hasn't got systemd. Duh.

Care to post actual arguments or is this just shitposting of the "BSD STRONG!!!!" kind?

>t. mactoddler

NSA exploits on Linux is the computer equivalent of Big Foot

>lightdm
LMAO I use gdm, Fuck off

Shitposting is the best you can do.

Lennart shipping his own login screen with systemd when?

and systemd apologists still shill this shit

The end user isn't expected to setup MAC. It is the job of the distribution (and power users can just edit the profile to their choosing if they wish).
Hence Ubuntu is at fault.

>Firefox went pulseaudio only since version 52
What does PulseAudio have to do with SystemD?

OS X may be based on BSD, but it is certified UNIX.

>t. mactoddler

>mfw runit

FRAU POETTERING
SHILLS ITT

frau poetter did it

redhat lied

linux died

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

all i see is lightdm guest session being retarded as always. Is gdm3 affected at all?

>Real Unix systems like MacOS or *BSD don't have this problem.
Non of these are Unix systems.
BSD is unix-like.
macOS is UNIX.

Unix is a dead system from the 70s.

>GNOME requires systemd
github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/tree/master/srcpkgs/gnome

Why does the german mind love over-engineering so much?

Just because there is a workaround that works with an incredibly outdated version doesn't mean that officially systemd is a hard dependency of GNOME.

I just treid to uninstall systemd on my distro and guess what? It wanted to remove GNOME too.

Fuck off already you fucking shill. who are you pretending to trick?

>incredibly outdated
(~)> xbps-query -R gnome
architecture: x86_64
build-date: 2017-05-10 12:10 CEST
filename-sha256: 492a4aaea6d39f0fcafb515dad192ec904d8d80890ed999780a868dc37bb750c
filename-size: 1684B
homepage: gnome.org
installed_size: 0B
license: GPL-2, LGPL-2
maintainer: Juan RP
pkgver: gnome-3.24.1_1
repository: repo.voidlinux.eu/current
short_desc: The GNOME meta-package for Void Linux
source-revisions: gnome:bffe9c3639
(~)> ?????

stay salty archfag

>saving files in the same place as your os
>not loading your os from usb drive
>not using exclusively separate usb drives
>not running wangblows and unimportant memes and other garbage on your internal drives to throw off the NSA
ISHYGDDT

>he thinks macOS is any different
>implying Lennart and Kay didn't borrow a lot of their ideas from the source code Apple released for launchd
systemd is basically just a better version of launchd

Literally nothing. People just like to bitch.

>Ubuntu
Ucuntu? With that faggot penguin?