What's wrong with it?

Discuss

People don't understand what it is so they hate it

botnet also this isn't the video games board

Denuvo is technology retard. It's a highly sophisticated DRM. That seems like Sup Forums to me

name one single thing that is not a video game that uses denuvo
no googling

not very good technology when a bunch of ruskie script kiddies fuck you in the ass every other week.

Stop derailing the thread.
I've downvoted all of your comments and reported you to the Sup Forums moderators

huu huuuu huuuuuuuuuuuu
go away please

It's not DRM
It's anti tamper software

stroke your tiny e-peen harder

>What's wrong with DRM?

It's DRM and restricts my freedom to use the software I purchase for my purposes.

One example is that I can't run a lot of Denuvo'd vidya on Devuan or Debian. I can, however, run those games once Denuvo has been removed.

Also it fucks with modding.

makes games run worse and trashes SSDs

>Trashes ssds
[Citation needed]

It runs a code inside a minimalistic VM. You may imagine how that slows it down. However, 8-threads CPU are now a commodity, so it's not that noticeable.

Easily cracked nowadays, although it lasted for almost a year I believe.

Any proper benchmarks that compare the performance of Denuvo vs cracked games?

It makes it a bit more of a pain in the ass to run opengl games on wine in order to immediately get better performance than windows

It makes games run like shit and doesn't even stop pirates for more than a month. After denuvo servers go down even buyfags won't be able to play without a crack.

>Any proper benchmarks that compare the performance of Denuvo vs cracked games?

The cracked games are still running Denuvo, though.

By definition they're not.

Wrong, the cracks are disabling the DRM code, not denuvo

>The current state of PC gaming

That'd be a pretty shitty crack with minimal utility. You still wouldn't be able to do what you want with your own software but at least it has one less Internet-based-check it does on you?

Denuvo has to have its fingers pretty deep up the program's ass in order to do what it does. Stripping it out entirely would be very difficult, so instead denuvo cracks just trick denuvo in to thinking everything's clear.

I remember hearing they actually managed to remove denuvo completely from one game. Don't remember which one.

Yeah, I'm aware of some of the shit Denuvo does. Sneaky but not impossible to overcome.

What of games put up on torrents?

fuck the poor