Post modern tech with comfy 00s design

Post modern tech with comfy 00s design.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zYNHnmCdmjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obsolete tech manufactured today has an old design, how odd

kys thinshit-loving macfag

>00s design
Should die in a fire. Weird curved shapes and shiny plastic everywhere.

This is now a fucking disgusting design thread, which pretty much encompasses the entirety of the 00's

Behold
youtu.be/zYNHnmCdmjI

This is now a comfy 2000's technology thread.

what godforsaken abortion was that again?

i have no idea, user.

it's a shame md never seemed to catch on in america

But it looks like the future user!

[AUTISTIC SPINNING]

minidisc quality was subpar compared to other digital media such as the compact disc and DAT tape
it was smaller, that's all it had going for it.

but its a cd... inside of a floppy..
its very similar to umd used by psp, and those things sucked.

i fucking loved minidisc but yeah, the quality was pretty shit.

oov sucks lol

great piece of tech
took too long for Hi-MD to come out, too bad I literally have no use for mine now

I want to be completely honest if I was a kid I'd love that shit. A lot of the TV shows I watch aren't online are aren't on demand and you'd have to buy them in their expensive, or I pop in a CD/DVD and the shit can play just because I recorded off TV. I'll be fucking amazing to me, honestly the first time I heard about VCD was a little bit before DVD came out and I wished I would've had one if not just because it be so much easier for me to record a movie I liked or watch a TV show and was how cheap I could get 500 blank desks opposed to even just five VHS

For the purpose of minidisk you weren't looking for quality so much you are more looking for portability. It didn't skip nearly as much as a CD would and it wasn't as bulky as a cassette player was.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the UMD used by the PSP just a DVD but shrunk

No. Completely different format.

It didn't catch on in America because MP3 players like the creative jukebox and shit caught on here just a few years later and hit right when people were looking to dump their portable CD players. When Minidisc first came out in America, it was really expensive and everyone had portable CD players anyway.

But that looks good.

The only thing I miss from the 00s is glitter plastic. I'm gay btw

Does anyone know where i can find old dumbphone games? i remember playing C O M F Y games on my moto razr but the market is dead so i can't download any of them.

That's because of the US having MP3 players introduced to the market when MiniDisc was being introduced in Europe.
Something to be happy about since lossless digital formats followed swiftly compared to other parts of the world. I know since I had to import my cheap MP3 gear from the US while the mongs around me where playing with overpriced Minidisc toys and paying monopoly prices for plastic discs containing one or 15 16bit/44 files only to manually convert it....

Really? There's tons of weird sites offering old feature phone games.

Had one of those. Good screen. Stopped recognising sim after a year - equivelant to boot loop. No refund. People forget how expensive and shit tech was back in the 00's

Holy shit I had one of these