evga.com/articles/01108/evga-geforce-gt-1030/

Other urls found in this thread:

evga.com/articles/01108/evga-geforce-gt-1030/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idgaf
I will buy vega no matter what

J-J-JUST WAIT FOR VEGA YOU RETARDED FUCKS

>TITAN XP PERFORMANCE FOR $250

Takes up more than one slot, no displayport, has a fan, designed for gamers.

They lost.

>full pcie
>has a fan
DoA. Gamers won't want it, too shit. Office PCs won't want it, too noisy and too big. It's useless.

2X!!!!
OMG!!

>muh gaymers

1:no you aren't mature kid

And 2: it really isn't, it's designed to scam the clueless

Click on the article and see the variations

Something worse than a 1050 which is already useless? Whats the target market, the mentally challenged?

>has a fan

oMG THE SLI OF 1030 AND I3-6100 IS ONLY 350$ AND EQUAL TO 4X 6600 THAT COSTS 800 ILL GET 450$ FOR FREE

HTPC's, old office computers that need HDMI that don't have it already. I bought a 6640 or whatever a couple years ago to stick in an old Optiplex for an HTPC. Works pretty good.

>less than 1TB of GDDR5
kill yourself

>evga.com/articles/01108/evga-geforce-gt-1030/
fucking slow shitty site, didnt load for 15 secs. i hope they dont use their own gear in the server room.

Looks like a good upgrade for small form factor PCs with 220-240w PSUs and no HDMI.

Never said I was the mature kid. But slapping gamer designs on a card intended for people that just need a card is lame. Slap it on their 1060 FTW or something like that.

The double DVI variant looks pretty ok tho, but it should have two DP outputs.

All of look like gamer stuff, none of them have displayport outputs. The only positive thing I have to say about it is that they have a passive variant, but I wish it was taller and designed to only take up one single slot.

>Looks like a good upgrade for
i have an eeepc 701 will this help?

lmfao

INTEL BTFO

well i mean true but.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I didn't want to shit up a new thread with this, but my god is the 1050ti ever dissapointing. Upgraded recently from a 7950 because I got it for free but it feels damn near the same. I can't imagine who would buy one of these other than first time pc builders who also happen to be destitute. If you have an old gaming card this is probably a waste, and nobody other than a kid is really worrying about an extra $50 when it comes to the most vital part of one of their hobbies.

*shit up the board with a new thread

2fps instead of 1fps

shame they won't do even a cutdown version for a PCI slot

/thread

I mean at least we're finally done putting fucking DDR3 on GPUs

Where should I use this instead of the integrated one? I won't game on it. Like, unless you really need a lot more of monitor, why?

What's the point of this shit?

>implying Radeon PRO SSG has 1TB of GDDR5

and don't go back

office PC's cuz its cheap as fuck.

That's because it outputs about the same performance. Why upgrade when Tahiti and Hawaii aged very well for an old card.

I guess it's only worth it if you need multiple monitors, because Intel HD graphics are enough.

>slower than an RX550
whats even the point?

Soon my 780 GTX fanblower(tm) wont compete.

>no vga port

It's ok when Nvidia does it.

Got it for free, and although the performance isn't better generally the two games I play a lot of are Witcher 3 and modded Skyrim which both like the extra vram. I just expected more of a jump to be honest considering how old my card was. Before the 7950 I had an 8800 gs and the performance jump there was unbelievable. I know the 1050ti is a more budget option, but in 5 years there is that much stagnation? Everyone talks about CPU stagnation pre-Ryzen, but I just don't know how many people realize how badly GPU tech has also slowed.

>Got it for free
That's actually pretty neat considering not you're getting the same performance with less power consumption and less noise(?).
>5 years
Holy shit, is Tahiti really that old? Damn I guess it's time to snag a used 280X to replace this old little shit of a BIOS Flashed 750Ti

>Upgraded recently from a 7950 because I got it for free but it feels damn near the same
That's because it is. NOW, remember that the 7950 was like $300 at release while the 1050ti is $140.

>the 7950 was like $300 at release
*$450

Except that if you read my prior card was a 2007 8800 gs and even if I had gotten the 2012 budget card the 7770 it still would have blown it away. In five years, I am surprised that the mid-high end cards still compete with low-mid range cards 5 years later. That wasn't the case in the past.

you could have spent $20 more and gotten a 470 for like 40% more performance...

Reading comprehension my dude.

Even then, if what you need is a port, get something cheaper like a GT710 or something like that, the -20/-30 cards have always been the absolute worst value/money cards

How would it compare to a 750ti? Always looking for mid range cards for budget builds.

Why would you buy this over an RX 460 which you can unlock or even a RX 550

I guess this thread is clueless of what this card is for.
1030 is meant to be a cheap card to 4k htpc use.
Has hardware decoding for hvec and vp9
30w tdp that can be ran fanless
Low profile to fit in sff cases

Won't stop idiot oems from fitting it in $1000+ "gaming" PCs sadly

Ironically, this is a good option if you want vm gpu passrhrough in a Ryzen build.

XFX has a single slot 460 and 550 that work great, of course there may be a difference in power consumption.

Will that shit perform as a GTX750 or something like that?

I think what you're experiencing is the realization that AMD has made great stuff despite all the memes that get thrown around. The other thing is that for a long time, AMD and Nvidia relied on process node shrinks to get better performance from their hardware. We're now reaching a point where it's much harder to develop a new process than it used to be, so we won't be getting shrinks nearly as often. That is why we now see fucking huge graphics chips to drive performance and why Polaris is much more impressive than anyone gives it credit for (Nvidia can barely keep pace with a 1060, and that's without a hardware scheduler taking up die space). Vega and it's successors might change things as they're introducing new technology in the way of new cache systems and new MCM tech. Nvidia, on the other hand, intends to leverage CUDA in the machine learning market and, seemingly, abandon gamers.

>Accelerate your entire PC experience with the fast and powerful EVGA® GeForce® GT 1030 graphics card. Its award-winning NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture, powerful graphics engine, and state-of-the-art technologies give you the performance upgrade you need to drive today's most demanding PC applications.

Sounds like a shitposter

It's not midrange, it's an update to the old GT 710/730 and R7 240 cards, basically shit you put in an OEM PC when you need an HDMI port or multi-monitor. Or low power HTPCs. At least it's GDDR5, these low end cards usually have slower memory which made them worthless for gaming.

That's it, looks like I'll upgrade my G210

Vast majority of Sup Forums are underage, they have no clue about technology.

Glad people like you are still around.

The 1030 looks like a perfect HTPC card, or someone who wants dual display, etc.

It'll perform the same as the 550

What you meant to say was the RX 560

>GT __30
Right into the trash.

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Every card is shit. We need hard drives in our graphics cards to get 1TB

lewd