Homescreen

Home screen thread?

Rate others if you want rated

>Give me tips or opinions

Bumping with updated background I guess. Added search bar because Google Assistant doesn't have a text search option for home button long press. Also changed the app drawer for to white.

OMG I JUST WANNA GO BACK TO G NOW WTF

What do you mean you wanna go back to G? You're on G, bud. I'm new to G, only been here for around 4 years. Been home screen threads since I started lurking.

google now, the thing before google assistant.

Oh I misread sorry.

You can with two options man. I'll do it later because I need to root my OP3. But there's a file you can edit it's one line that you change from true to false. Eligible_device config or something. It requires a root.

If you can't root your phone, if you add English US Virgin islands as your primary language, which doesn't change anything, it will give you back Google Now. Google Assistant isn't available in most regions yet so that's a temp fix. If you can root your phone that's the better option though.

You'd think hardcore minimalism is good but it's not. This is just boring sorry man. You lose at form AND function. Show me your app drawer. If that's organized nicely I'll give ya a pass.

Remove labels, get an icon pack, even out the spacing between everything. Your side columns don't line up with your bottom row AND they're different sized icons.

How's this?

>English US Virgin islands

shit, i forgot that i'd read that somewhere, thanks, it worked! (can't root)

simple and clean

Yellow is better than white, actually. Easier on the eyes especially with the dark background. +10 years of RuneScape looking at yellow text is preferable.

It's simple, not clean. Looks good enough. A lot of your lines are inconsistent. Kind of hard to achieve with on screen navigation buttons. That's the reason why I prefer bezel capacitive buttons. You should consider a new music player to clean it up a bit. Love the background. Almost looks material but it isn't which is a plus. Too many material mountains in the world.

Gg

screw you man, I changed my shit while shitting out liquid diarrhea expecting a nibble on the bait. but no, you had to pull a runescape

I was hoping for this exact response actually. I had a laugh.

>legião urbana
>mai
>ter

Se foder maluco,mal gosto pra música, não deixa o espertofone no idioma original da interface pra evitar quebras de linha desnecessárias e textos feios, só faltava ter dois relógios.

Joga essa caralhada de ícones pra uma segunda tela, faz ícones invisíveis ao longo do widget e decora as posições, te vira aí, mas não posta essa bosta assim é chama de "clean".

Home screen apps are pointless because the app drawer exists. Muscle memory beats favorites every time because you know the layout of your apps whether they're alphabetized or grouped. It's also pointless because you still use the drawer for fetching other apps. I'll give you functionality through widgets but there isn't information I want to see that I can't already access in-app. Black background because I don't like wallpapers. Swipe gestures for everything on the home screen so access is still instant. It's not an intentionally minimalist approach. I'm just tired of ricing. It's more vanity than convenience.

>Muscle memory is more important
Good thing 100% of the apps I use are in my folders in my OP. Your drawer and theory are the same thing as my theory and home screen. The only difference is that my drawer is in alphabetical order and I install/uninstall apps frequently. Making your method a pain in the dick.

So I have to disagree mang, it took me around 23 minutes at work to clean up and rearrange my entire phone. During downtime. And I'll probably keep this layout and change the background periodically throughout the year and redo the theme again next year or if I get a new phone. Seems fair. I've had the same shitty layout for almost 7 months and I was sick of it.

Might want a new music player, probably something white or transparent. Good other than that

Still looking for a better darkish background that isn't too harsh, but I like this one

Way too basic but when I start customising I can never get it to look right

>google folder
>docs and street view in different icons
???

They're the default folders in the launcher and I haven't bothered to change them

Look up jacks music widget, you can use it with Spotify and it looks a lot better

>yfw he has maps in the google folder

didn't even notice that
brb killing myself

I like simplicity.

Revised :^)

PUT AN ICON TO THE LEFT OF STREET VIEW REEEEEEE

Bretty good, not a fan of the time and date display though

before i wiped my phone by forgetting my back up pin I had 3 clocks and no empty space, come back then

Also I can never find an icon pack that works with all the apps I use which doesn't help

Is it awful?

Not technology. Kindly fuck off to /wg/.