Why does everyone here hate KDE?

>move to Mint
>choose the KDE flavor

It runs faster than 7 did on my i3 3220 so I'm perfectly happy with it and it didn't cause any problems so far.

because
>crashes

People that haven't used it in three years think it's still unstable and buggy.

because KDE is functional and no one here uses their PC for work

when is this supposed to happen?
maybe they fixed that shit because I didn't encounter any crash yet and when I close everything I ran after a whole day it goes back to idling at 600mb ram while 7 stayed at ~1.5gb even when I closed everything, so I really like the experience so far.

I know there are way more efficient desktop environments but I wanted to know how bloated KDE really is and as I said, it's really nice on my 8gb ram which I didn't expect after reading all this on Sup Forums

A lot of Sup Forums considers anything that uses more than like 200mb of ram to be bloated just ignore those people. I like KDE's feature set but it's just so ugly by default and most of the themes are pretty bad, also I prefer gnomes workflow so I use gnome.

This desu, I was one of those people until recently. To be fair it actually works now, at least for me, I just prefer GNOME. Yummy yummy GNOME.

The KDE crash thing is just a meme Sup Forums desperately clings onto.

And bloat is just another meme. I had a perfectly good KDE Neon install idling at 420mb. (Not intentionally - that's just what it happened to settle around.) But then again, lots of people here are using toasters on purpose, for some reason.

>The KDE crash thing is just a meme Sup Forums desperately clings onto.
it actually isn't

it's without doubt the most advanced de around, but I can't get used to the interface. It just feels so clunky. I love almost everything about it, but basic windowing on gnome or tiling is just so much more natural

For a surprise, if you don't already, run windows 7 in virtualbox. It just works a lot better although I only use it for a thing or two anymore. Another i3 user here.

What a compelling argument, user

KDE has some bugs though (just like any other DE in existence)

well, it's true

No it's not

I like KDE. nepomuk, baloo, akonadi need to die in fire though.

Uses the most RAM out of any DE, so their ancient 2GB Thinkpads won't run it well.

Gnome uses quite a bit more.

good to know that there are some others who also gave it a try.
I have Mint Mate running on my laptop, which is also excellent in my opinion, xfce (xubuntu) on my tablet. also running really well
that's cool, I was also about to test 7 in a virtualbox! also, I'm glad I was lucky with the 3220 i3 and it's still ok to use considering how kind of cheap it was and that it also got pretty old already.

Considering a lot of people here use KDE claiming everyone hates it is baloney.

yes it is

can confirm. tried ubuntu gnome 17 on a 2gb and it was horrible and it bricked because no moar ram
fucking gnome mang

KDE is fine if you're not autistic about bloat and not much theming. So the majority of Sup Forums is excluded

>what is ram cache
:thinking:

I like KDE because it has the best HiDPI support iI have found and is easily customisable

The crashes is a real thing though. I use KDE as a daily driver and shell crashes are something that happens almost everyday, had to create a kb shortcut just for the sake of restarting the shell lol

>it bricked a 2gb laptop without any user application
idk better tell gnome what ram cache is

Are you on arch? I had this problem on arch, works just fine on tumbleweed.

sounds like bullshit to me but ok.
www.linuxatemyram.com
Also, KDE idling eats 2 of my 8GB on my EliteBook 8460p that I have confirmed is not disk swapping. Lies on an anonymous imageboard just make you look bad user, good thing you're anonymous and not a dumb tripfag like me
KDE is nice but its shills are too obvious. I don't get shills that come to a small anonymous imageboard with close minded individuals, do they think because Sup Forums somehow predicted the election we can do the same? even if you reach the entire board you still only get like 1k autists and 20 shills that need salary

Every time I try KDE, I feel like I'm playing Jenga. There's always something broken. Right now, it's broken on Wayland. Even Gnome got that shit down already/

why would one shill for kde? is there even any money behind it?

Uses less than even MATE these days. It is very RAM efficient, I'm curious what kind of C++ magic they employed. Still a broken mess though.

It's ONLY gnome, though. Well, yeah, there's also sway.

idk why it sounds like bullshit to you but ok.

It's basically just a meme. GNOME 3 runs just as badly, if not worse, and yet is much less feature-rich.

because it fucking sucks and is basically malware its so bloated and bad

1. its hideous
2. its always buggy
3. bloated awful apps with dumb names
4. did I mention its never not been buggy useless trash

Gnome is actually stable and runs great even if it isn't as fast as KDE. KDE is like a jet being flown by someone who's tipsy while Gnome is like a racecar being driven by a sober person.

If you want stability you'll go for something tried and true like MATE. GNOME 3 is all the disadvantages of a full fat desktop environment without any of the advantages.

Hey, I use MATE too (on my desktop) and yeah, it has rock solid stability but for an actually enjoyable experience on my laptop that has a touchscreen and a very nice touchpad, Gnome on Wayland is far superior. That and my laptop screen on MATE (or maybe it's just Xorg's fault) only wakes up from sleep after opening it like 50% of the time while Gnome is 100%.

Meant for

>KDE is nice but its shills are too obvious. I don't get shills that come to a small anonymous imageboard with close minded individuals,
You are a retard. Every tripfag is a retard.

No good themes

Is the Dolphin scrolling bug fixed yet? How about app launcher?
I tried KDE 2 weeks ago because it scales breddy gud on a 15.6'' 1080p display but everything is buggy af.

>It runs faster than 7 did on my i3 3220 so I'm perfectly happy with it and it didn't cause any problems so far.
Because most people tried the kde ubuntu spin which is utter garbage like every other ubuntu spins.
You keep getting system errors all the freaking time.

It's bloated, buggy, and slow on any hardware more than 5 years old. LXDE is as fast on new hardware as it is on 10 year old hardware and doesn't have a hundred clipboard, accessibility, and wallet apps that bother me every 5 minutes, then break everything when I uninstall them. Fuck KDE. It's a pile of shit that simply doesn't work. With LXDE I get the same smooth and light experience on my 2008 Core2 laptop as I do on my 1 year old gaming desktop. KDE is also a pain in the ass to configure and has a billion "features" that I never use. LXDE doesn't have this problem. If your desktop environment/window manager is using more than 500MB idle, it is a piece of shit.

Yeah what's up with that?

Runs on my machine

fpbp

>when is this supposed to happen
literally after installing it
>install kde neon
>look around settings
>crashes in the first 5 fucking minutes of me using it
it's a pile of shit and it looks horrendous because it wastes too much fucking space everywhere.
And holy shit those fucking animations, it takes forever to just open something or switch to another menu