Last Tech Shit You Bought

Post the last tech shit you bought

Bonus: quick review, price, store/source, images, etc. (if you want)

I'll go first

Optical USB Mouse - $3.39 CAD Total from Dollarama
> Surprisingly decent enough for basic HTPC use, uses 1 AA battery, range is okay, has a dongle thing that can store inside of it

Phenom II X3-720 BE CPU - $22.73 CAD Total from eBay (Korea)
> Had a spare mobo & CPU cooler, this CPU worked great and 4th core unlocked

1GB PC2-5300S DDR2 RAM - $3.58 CAD Total from eBay (China)
> My old Lenovo Thinkpad SL500 had only 1GB RAM, could of spent $25-$30 CAD and got 4GB DDR2 but fuck that, 2GB is enough, shit had a light scratch on pins, but worked perfectly fine

Pics related but not mine

Your turn

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Asus-USB-AC56-Dual-band-Wireless-AC1300-Adapter/dp/B00FB45USW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495014160&sr=8-2&keywords=ac 1200 asus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Creator Ci40
IBM TrackPoint L40
Monoprice PS/2 to USB adapter

> Creator Ci40

What do you plan to use it for?

USB to UART adapter

6LoWPAN link to my friend's house. I'm waiting on him to get one so I'm just messing around with it for now

h100i v2
asrock h87m
g.skill 8GB ram
kingston ssd

Used the AIO to upgrade my main PC. Used the old cooler, a processor a friend gave me, old case and old hard drives, with the other parts listed above to build a HTPC for the living room.

-i7-7700k
>Already had a mobo and RAM so no Ryzen for me
-Corsair H80i v2
>Case is too shit and small to fit any real air cooling
-Delidding tool
>Intel Jews give me shitty TIM

Wish me luck. I can't afford to destroy that CPU.

>6LoWPAN

What range do you expect it to cover?

Galaxy S8+ and Gear VR. RaspberrPi zero W. That is all

how many shitty generals do you reddit losers need

good luck, but probably not even worth it.

I'm hoping it'll make it the ~750m to his house. There's a video demo of two Ci40s connecting at 900m but that's in an open field. If it's not enough I've got some satellite dishes to help with the range so that'll hopefully work.

Just ordered a philips 328P6VJEB
32" 4k monitor lizard

EVGA G2 650w gold+ power supply

16gb of Corsair DDR4-3000 LED RAM

Corsair H115i liquid cooler

Take your memes elsewhere

Bought two Dell fp2007 monitors off of eBay for 100 dollars plus shipping. They're really good productivity wise. I keep one in landscape and one in portrait for PDF reading or code.

I also got a cheap desk mount off of Amazon but it fucked up my cheap ikea desk and almost fell to the floor with my monitors. Good thing I caught it in time.

I'm considering buying the 3007 or a similar model to that to go PLP pic related, but need to scrap together cash for that.

I've been on a mass tech/peripherals search

mostly amazon prime then I return the shit I don't want

started with acer chromebook 14. 4gb too slow

then went with a thinkpad small form desktop.

both returned, monitors were AOC 24 inch matte, two acer H series (glossy), 21 inch and 23 inch

mice: razer deathadder, g403, three different zowies, sensei raw. now looking at a mionix castor

also bought a mac mini for 1000, also returned, 256 gb ssd+8gb. tried two mech keyboards, leopold and KUL, both returned. KUL has mac firmware issues being compatible w/ mini

now typing on an HP omen laptop from Best Buy 17.3 inch 12 gb ram has a hard drive but also solid state w/ IPS monitor. most likely will return it

macbook pro's I'm looking at but 13 is too small for me, macbook air is outdated, imacs are impractical. would get the 2015 retina but a refurb will run you 1600. hate the touchbar

also forgot to mention an acer aspire 15. hovering around the i5 territory but this HP has an i7

dell has a gaming laptop as well but is backordered by amazon. probably a good thing at this point. gone a little crazy lads but how else will I find what I like?

ryzen r7 1700
evga g2 650w
16gb g.skill 3600mhz cl16 ddr4
msi b350m mortar arctic
thermaltake core v21 matx case
gigabyte g1 gtx 1070
asus ac58 pci-e wifi
1tb samsung pro 960
3x corsair case fans

>how else will I find what I like?
By doing research before buying things. But then again I'm poor and don't have money to waste like you do.

This mouse. I wanted the blue wired one but this is fine too.

>no Ryzen for me
Is Ryzen worth it over intel?

at this point, yes. The performance is just under but the bang for the buck is right there and you aren't supporting jews that jew just because they are jewy jews.
>New whole model line with a 3% performance increase
>Costs 25% more buckeroos than three months ago

Yep. The 1600 is what you want for gayman and general use. The 1700 is what you want if you've got actual work to do.

Gotcha thanks. Anyway, aren't games jewed by intel like they've always been?

Possibly, but intel's chips do have better performance per core, that's fact. It's just that for the money, you can either have an i5 quad-core or the R5 6-core 12-thread beast. The six-core will last longer as games move towards more threads.

The 1700 is better bang-for-buck in productivity than the 6800k by virtue of being an 8-core, 16-thread setup versus a six core, 12-thread setup.

Good point, ryzen doesn't sound bad as I thought, AMD seems to be getting back on track

>EVGA 1080Ti SC Black Edition (aka not RGBShit edition)

Feels fine. Solid upgrade from my 780Ti.

Lenovo Legion Y720 and Razer Mamba

AMD only has about 20 good years left or so... or as much time Based Jim Keller has left in his life. Then, the jews will take over.

Long live Jim Keller

What type of vape pen is this?

kek, I thought it was a vape from the thumbnail too

That comfy new HDD feel. The feeling of copying files to it with perfect filenames/folders. Organized

Imagine being this autistic

autismo

3TB toahiba P300 hdd - 80€
>just werks
>compared to my old hdd its pretty quite

CSL 2.5" Sata to USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure case - 8€
>bought it for my broken laptop, took out the hdd
>just werks

TP-Link AV500 Wi-Fi Range Extender, Powerline Edition, Up to 300Mbps Add-On Extender (TL-WPA4220) - 40€
>just werks
>finally I have wifi in my room
>randomly stops working like 2 times a week tho and you have to plug it out and in again and it will just werk again
>for that price its fine I guess

some parts for a pc to run in my closet

HTC VIVE had it 3 days
bought at gamestop
about $850 after tax
needs more games but otherwise a pretty mind blowing experience

A new antenna

amazon.com/Asus-USB-AC56-Dual-band-Wireless-AC1300-Adapter/dp/B00FB45USW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495014160&sr=8-2&keywords=ac 1200 asus

Qnix 32" 2160p IPS monitor
$330
No dead pixels, shit got here in like 2 days dafuq.

2x MSI GTX 1080 Ti FE
$1400 before tax
Only ones I could find in stock at the time.

Fuck all the tards on Sup Forums that said 4k is a meme, that picture clarity when going up from 1440p is like night and day.

Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse
Almost no more pain from the mild CTS i have from the regular mouse.

SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB
SSD is SSD, is SSD.

a couple of pic related to fix my earphones and a replacement battery for my smartphone

Amazon might ban you if you return too much.

>ASUS H61MX, 2 GB DDR3, Pentium G 645 - 35 € (Sold 2 GB and the CPU for 17.5 €)
>2 x 4 GB DDR3-1333 - 12 €
>ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1 GB - 10 €
>1 TB Hitachi Ultrastar - 15 €
>Silverstone SG05 LITE - 20 €
>Corsair CX430 - 20 €
>Intel Core i5-3550 - 40 €
>LG IPS237L - 75 €

I'll assemble this new build in the new case now. So powerful and cheap! It competes a Kaby Lake i5 and is only 15 % slower.

What monitor is the center one?

>WD 500gb SSD
>3'5 to 2'5 bracket
>Screwdriver with rubberised handle

The new drive is to replace the failing drive I keep my games on. The bracket is also a double one so I might put my OS drive in with it instead of taking up another slot. The screwdriver is because it'll be nice to have one with an actual grip on it

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd gen - 70usd from Amazon
>pretty great for the price, I use it basically as headphone amp but the mic inputs are great too

Steelseries Rival 300 - 30usd from a store in my city
>neat

Magewell Pro Capture HDMI
>want to try "monitor in a window" to play console gaymes that i can record if i feel more autistic than usual (as well as my laptop and other pc)

I finally upgraded to 1080p by buying a used 24" LG monitor for my desktop.

250GB SSD to replace my old 120GB SSD
2TB HDD to replace my even older 500GB HDD

Poorfag here, last thing I bought was a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
>feels good, running resurrection remix, pretty nice upgrade from my original Moto G

Looking to buy an ssd and a mouse, any recs? I was looking at the CM MasterMouse S, it's like 40€ here.

Ryzen 5 1600X
Asus PRIME X370-Pro
Noctua NH-D15
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2667mhz
NZXT Noctis 450

Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti
Akracing Gaming Premium v2 chair carbon black
AOC 25" 1440p IPS screen, Q25777PWQ if I remember correctly

I bought a wireless keyboard for twenty bucks for my raspberry pi 1 or 2 B plus? They pi is amazing slow. I'm going to throw it away.

Tab Pro S. 500 bucks for Amoled on windows in a decent size. Perfect for watching anything plus whatever game it can handle.

Tp link switch

Dell 3007WFP or Dell u3011.

> new
> 3 months ago

Apple wired keyboard. So much better than my chunky old keys I was using with my hackintosh. My hands just fly across this thing.

The UK Mac layout is annoyingly different from the PC one, so I remapped it. It's now perfect except for cmd-backtick- I still have to use the key with the backtick label instead of the remapped one I use to enter actual backticks. It's also apparently impossible to disassemble so I'm paranoid about spilling something on it.

Do you have a complete backup of your newly structured files yet?

MSI 1060 Gaming X 6gb
500GB samsung 850evo SSD
DT 770 Pro

cat5/6 cable is cheaper
I will never understand wififags

I bought a bad dragon and then some vibration motors and ac to dc plugins off AliExpress so i made my own vibrating prostate tickler

I've had a 17" Dell laptop for four years now and have zero complaints. It's a 3rd gen. i-7, 8 GB RAM, and a 650 GT mobile. Pretty decent and still looks brand new.

Don't use it as a desktop computer man, it is not made for that. It is made to do indie IoT shit and learning.

Moose.

Well Cat5 or Cat6 won't go through the walls, will it now? Although I personally drilled holes in my walls all around the house to make it go through. But I understand not everyone is insane enough to do the same.

I'm about to buy 8gb DDR3 rx 580nitro le anD screen with meme resolution 2200x1080 ultra wisdeada ansd becausde my4 key4boarsd isd fuckesd probably4 kb too

but lasdt thing i bought wa pc ca

You can learn faster with a laptop or desktop though.

Depends on what do you want to learn, automation and embedded usage isn't something you can efficiently learn on a beast like a PC or Laptop because you aren't constrained by the hardware like you would be on such a job.

nothing this year. i have everything that i need already so why would i waste money on things that i dont need?

>why would i waste money on things that i dont need?
Because capitalism needs you to.

>automation and embedded usage isn't something you can efficiently learn on a beast like a PC or Laptop
Yes it is.

it's a liquor tin.

You would be inefficient at it if you don't constrain yourself hardware wise when you are learning how to do stuff.

>XFX R9 290X Reference GPU
Wanted to run CrossFire with my R9 290 and do more mining shit, I slapped a second-hand Tri-X cooler on that bad boy and man it runs at a really low voltage for a 290X, I have yet to see it draw over 200W and that's at 150% power limit with a mild overclock (1075/1250, I run a heavier OC for benching but don't need that power desu).
Card stays under 67C at EVGA 1000 G3
About to go pick it up today, got it to power these behemoth GPUs. On the bright side, power is a flat rate included in my very cheap rent, so I really could not care. I'm going to leave both cards mining whenever I am not using both of them, and one card mining in games that don't scale well with CF.
Got it from NCIX, $150 USD before shipping and tax. Hope the eco mode thing that stops the fan from spinning isn't as retarded as the reviews say it is, since a lot of people are saying it will spin up to 100% from 0 and get really fucking loud after it lets itself get too hot.

wifi is the saviour of rental plebs, can't drill holes in walls and shit like that unless you own your place (or live with understanding parents)

develop on pc, run on rpi

it's not fucking hard

Even rentals here have preinstalled cat5 and if you're in doubt, rental agencies don't give a fuck if you go through the furnace vent out of desparation.

The Pis are intended to get computers in the hands of those who don't already have computer

Link to the headphone things please

They look neat

1400 for a 1080ti?!

Thinkpad x120e

the best shitposting machine ever

light, powerful enough for multimedia and browsing and linux works great on it.