What do you use for music?

What do you use for music?

youtube-dl does me just fine

AIMP

spotify i guess
considering GPM maybe

done with local files I think. I could download any discography I ever wanted, but I can't be arsed into making playlists which is what I want. Local playlists kinda suck. The biggest problem for me has always been finding new good music to listen to. I always listen to the same few things or favorites. im an autist or something

Spotify like a normal person

Local music, Youtube, and sometimes Spotify

I try to keep local FLAC copies of everything I listen to for some kind of vague prepper mentality.

But more and more I just use spotify. Its so easy to find and listen to new shit especially indie stuff.

Pet peeve of spotify though: accidentally unchecking the song instead og hitting play and having it drop out of the library.

Usually I try to quickly recheck it before it disappears and end up dismissing the next song in line.

Seriously why is that button next to the play button

Local only. ncmpcpp

Torrents

Same here. Holy shit I've lost so many songs that way

Foobar and

soundcloud

youtube desu

occasionally i'll hop onto soul seek to download certain things that aren't as accessible. but really, who the fuck cares that much about music past their twenties?

most overrated basic bitch shit there is. it's literally for teenagers and adults that refuse to grow up and have to be "with it."

MPD

Youtube

I have my ipod classic from ten years ago

foobar2000, spotify, aimp and poweramp on my android

>doing things you like is for kids
Huh, I guess you're right.

Audacious

this on botnetdroid phones

I used to Pirate a lot because YouTube quality was ass but Spotify is pretty good so I just stream off that.

Mostly local music. Spotify is for finding out new music mostly, though I also use it for times when I only like a single song of an artist/album because when it comes to my local library it bothers me if I don't download full albums.

apple music

anyone who uses spotify is a peasant

GPM is a great mix of both. I have any song it doesn't have that I want downloaded and uploaded to my personal library and then I explore new stuff every day. Playlists are good too

Listening to fucking music is for kids? What about movies,games or any other art? I can't imagine being such a bitter old fogey.

trackers > moc

Windows media player.

Torrents + Neutron Player because Spotify has fucking nothing.

siri, remind me to commit suicide if i ever end up like this poor old joyless fuck

Collection on my nas, mostly from rutracker.
Streaming using madsonic when on the go. Playong at home using mopidy.

And the occasional spotify playlist because I'm not an autistic I swear

DeaDBeeF

what is a good music player for someone that doesn't ever use playlists? I really only need a solid library where I can browse my songs by artists and then albums ordered by year.

The countless iTunes clones, like Clementine and Rythmbox

Spotify mostly because I have a premium but someone else pays.

As a basic music streaming service Spotify is good, and the regularly updated playlists are welcome although a lot of them tend to swing towards generic pop.

The "Discover Weekly" playlist is alright, I've found some albums I like from it, but I listen to a Tom Lehrer album once and get x10 shitty comedy tracks suggested.

The radio feature is absolutely atrocious. Complete trash. It

>repeats tracks (even after you thumb them down)
>you can't un-thumb something down
>thumbing something up seems to have no effect anyway
>very rarely is able to comes up with tracks that are sensibly related (eg. listening to the Interstellar soundtrack will yield generic classical film scores, I've even had the fucking Boss Baby soundtrack come up based on the Interstellar radio)
>suggests tracks because of connections in the title (I've had tracks with absolutely no connection come up other than they share a word in the title or are in the same language)
>will repeat a track immediately after finishing it (the biggest combo I've got is five iterations of "The Sound of Silence" in a row)
>is pretty poor at distinguishing between differences within genres (piano music will lead to generic classical, any type of metal to generic metal, etc.)

I realised I just spent five minutes writing out a shitty review of Spotify when that wasn't even the question but whatever, have it

>five iterations of "The Sound of Silence" in a row

are they trying to tell you something?

>What do you use for music?
youtube

slsk, torrents, blogs and some freeform radio stations

Spotify doesn't have any music I listen to, so I listen to FLAC rips of albums I bought in foobar.

Spotify Free with ads blocked on the hosts file. Works fine and I'm not enough of an audiofag to care for the 320kbps from Premium. Less bothersome than downloading and keeping shit on my disk.

Gets a "it just werks" from me.

Possibly, I did once get a track out of the blue suggested to me called "Glad to be Gay," perhaps this predictive technology is getting out of hand and knows my psyche better than I do.

kek

nuclear music player

slsk, blogs and rutracker for dling
On windows explorer + wmp
On linux mocp
On the go sansa clip + 180gb sd card

mpd+ncmpcpp ofc

Pandora and spotify

Cmus does exactly that

AIMP on PC
Phonograph on Android

I used to have Spotify but it just became a battery draining buggy piece of shit.

And I also discovered FLAC torrents

YouTube.

mdp and ncmpcpp

what the fuck happened to Sup Forums when did all these r****t windows and mactoddler niggers become vocal
do you're selves a favour and harm yourself to death

Gpm is god tier music streaming.

soulseek

you plebs probably don't even know what that is

Tidal HiFi and cdparanoia

Phonograph.

I have a 5th gen from 2005. The hard drive died and the battery lasts like 2 hours.

peasants don't use Tidal HiFi

I've never used Spotify and don't really know how it works. What's it about?

Spotify premium with my isp for free

ncmpcppcpcpppcpcpppp

mmm I LOVE 128 kbps mp3's don't you?

Free streaming service with ads.

Amarok

apple music sub and songs i buy off of itunes

i do this because i like to give apple a healthy profit

What do you mean what's it about? It's like Netflix for songs, you pay 10 bucks amount and you're free to download and listen to all the music that's on there.

Free/paid streaming service. Unlimited music for 10$ a month

So what makes it any different from Pandora?

So you can download actual files and save them? What if I wanted an entire album? What filetype does it use?

Well you can download music with premium, they are encrypted files which you can use in the client

>encrypted files

Into the trash

Spotify on the phone and local files + quod libet / foobar2k at home.

Then stick with torrenting.

And when you add a 4th device it automatically deletes your downloaded encrypted music.

It happened to me where in the middle of nowhere it deleted 40gb of music from my phone.

Spotify is garbage, keeps giving awful songs and I cant skip them because those greedy jews want money.

I already listen to ur fuckin ads.

learn2moddedapk/hosts/somesortofcydiaextension

>music
>not listening to your fans spinning and your hard disk making comfy read/write sounds

Not everyone likes to LARP as Lain.

YouTube to mp3 + anything that plays music.

spotify.
it has 95% of all the music i like, plus custom radio and good music discovery options.

I got it for about $1.4USD per month with a family plan with some friends.

supports 320kbps download.

why would i get anything else? it´s even more convenients than torrenting at this point.

Same with a cracked apk.

Google play music
>like a song, add it to library
>later decide to download the whole album
>go to album, it shows the entire album as added to the library
>wtf
>have to remove the current song from the library, then go to its album to add the entire album
>sometimes the song removed earlier won't show up in the new album

Also,
>takes an entire 3 seconds to open
>overblown album art
>circle buffer even on downloaded songs
>no direct way to tell if a song is on the device or not
>any option is available only through a tiny 3 dot menu
>playlists
>"""genres"""
>watch on YouTube

Who designed this piece of shit? How does a multi billion dollar company fuck up so bad with such a big service?

POO

absolutely disgusting

Spotify is not available in my country, but GPM is.

i'm not him though

Is there some reason I can't upload images? Every single time I get an error.

musicbee

I convert flac to 320 kbps mp3's in foobar2000.

Server that handles the images is down. We're gonna have to ride all the current threads on the board until it's back up.

Daily reminder that if you stream music you're a pleb of the highest order.

subsonic server, mopidy + subsonic plugin and ncmpcpp on desktop, supersonic on phone

yeah its great

macOS©

internet radio channels desu

spotify is pretty much the modern limewire

>listening to non-free music

Spotify premium
I'm not a jew so I buy it myself.

spotify is actually like a cloud based media collection, the songs act as if they're a file on your computer and they're cached on your drive.

I've tried to set this up with ampache and subsonic backend but it doesn't play my music. Gonna try subsonic on its own tonight

test

I buy the music i really like on CD and copy it to my computer and mobile devices to have it on high bitrates
I download the other stuff from YouTube and edit it with MP3Tag so it looks like i bought it digitally