Sup Forums Browser Wars

What browser do you use and why? What's the shittiest browser? Why are the other user's browsers shitty?

I'll start: I use Opera, because I like how it looks and the flow of using the UI, as well as the fact that it is fast and has low-ish ram usage compared to some other bloated browsers. I dislike Firefox because it can be a real pain in the ass and slow sometimes and Chrome throws up certificate errors in the ass when I'm on work wifi and the only way to avoid it is starting through terminal.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/browsers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rephrasing the Firefox comment, I mean the UI can be slow & tabs don't always close right away for some fucking reason

Opera because everything else is either too bloated or too slow.
And Edge just sucks donkey dicks as always. You can't even adjust the browser volume for fucks sake.

Sad but true

I never noticed that in Edge. Huh.
Probably because I've only ever used Edge to download other browsers & use it at work because it's laughable security doesn't protect me from the work's snooping even with max settings

>ONe

Firefox.

Chromium

Gecko

since Opera's VPN died today, Firefox

Opera, the VPN is not working today for me too

Firefox Nightly reporting in

Brave Browser, has a similar feel to chrome but with shitting all over your privacy.

*without shitting all over your privacy, my bad

I'm using Waterfox because it supports firefox extensions unlike Pale Moon and has been pretty fast for me. It also is default alsa audio only which is nice!

Never heard of it. Is it similar to Iceweasel? Probably going to stick to Opera once the VPN comes back online.

Isn't Waterfox usually a release or two behind?

I use qupzilla its bloated I don't recommend anyone to use it. It's the lightest browser I used that runs modern technologies well

I use Chrome for two reasons
> Single profile - Remembers my passwords
> Only needs 2 rows from the top part
- System bar + tab bar
-address bar

>what is Opera

Firefox. All my bookmarks are there already, and I see no reason to switch. Chrome feels dirty, and does little things wrong. Edge doesn't load the page half the time. What's an opera? Safari is just edge, but you can't see the address bar half the time

Firefox. No to Chrome for obvious reasons. I would consider chromium but there's all sorts of graphical shit that clashes with my DE (gnome shell, go ahead and hate). I liked Opera until it became chromium based honestly. Is Vivaldi worth a shit at all?

>having preferences
>"why are the other browsers shitty?"

Just because someone prefers one browser doesn't mean they despise all the other browsers

99% Chrome and 1% Firefox. Chrome has just consistently been the best one for me for years, it's speed and performance is just top notch. Occasionally I have to use Firefox because something may not work properly in Chrome.

I want to like Firefox, I really do, but it just lags significantly behind on Chrome, even with all the updates and even with me having a top notch rig.

Opera or Yandex because of the good UI. Opera is more polished tho, but featureset is exactly the same. Brave is OK too.

Lolpera

Bought by a Chinese company, no thanks

Vivaldi because Firefox is going to shit and Opera already killed itself.

i use IceCat but feels like outdated has fuck and some pages are broken, there is at least a browser that tries to be secure?

I started using Vivaldi as soon as I found out Opera was sold to a Chinese company. I'm glad they optimized it since the betas were so slow and CPU intensive; I hope they continue to optimize it.
Firefox has been shit for years. Just incompetent.

Chrome because its consistent and does its job and syncs.

I could switch to a flavor of the month browser that could be just a tad faster or whatever, but the fact is Chrome has the best user experience and has kept that formula down for a while. Nothing will beat it, unless it can match the usability and have more customization.

Safari supports the macbook touchpad and gestures and shit the best, so when I use it as a laptop I use Safari. Chrome when plugged in

W-will Vivaldi ever be open-source?

firefox on themed desktops, chrome on windows. really i dont give a fuck

Iridium because privacy and security.

> Vivaldi has native screen capture
> Opera has native pop up video mode
I just use both

>chromium based
>security and privacy
You're actually retarded.

I don't expect brainlets to understand the superiority of Iridium.

>german based
>chromium based
>used to phone home to iridium servers
>trust me goy, it's secure don't use a hardened firefox trust me
I don't expect redditors to recognize their own ignorance.

>he admits to using firefox

>he uses a chromium based browser and thinks it's secure and private

>he uses

w3schools.com/browsers/

>bandwagon fallacy
>IT'S SECURE I SWEAR IT ON ME SHEKELS GOY

>being this autistic about a browser

>oh no i've been found out
>y-y-you're autistic, haha I win!

>

I just use Chrome these days. It's the only browser I've tried that handles cross-platform syncing without shitting the bed.

>(You)

Opera 12.16 because of the unmatched plethora of features

Cancerous faggots the the fuck out from this board and go catfight to another place

chrome is the best guys just learn to not be autistic and you'll be fine

Chrome is ass

no its the best out of them all

Seamonkey

It's still extremely slow while opening new tabs and/or cold starting

opera goat

There are like 3 of these threads going right now.

In summary:

Usable Tier:
>Chrome
>Firefox
>Opera
>Safari
>Edge

"If you insist" tier:
>Vivaldi
>Brave

Autism Tier:
>Everything else

Yeah okay buddy

>im an edgelord wouldnt want to use anything because its mainstream

ebin

>no argument

Why would I put up a real argument when you're just spamming memes?

I mainly use Chromium/Chrome because it's pretty much the epitome of "jsut werks." I sometimes use. Gnome's Epiphany when browsing simple sites just to save on ram though.

>"Chrome is ass"
>not spouting memes

ok buddy, let me know when you can form an argument

Saying Chrome is ass isn't me spouting a meme, it's me stating my opinion.

with nothing to back it up. opinion meme spouter. go fish for baits on reddit

>best
Opera 12

>worst
>everything comes out after netscape's death.

Firefox. A lot of good add-ons and it works. It's open-source, not botnet and very fast.

No side tabs and a hideous, uncustomizable UI

Mah nigga

shitty argument and a meme one at that. nobody uses side tabs. i used to be a firefox side tab sperg like you too but then i realize having a million tbas open is NOT how u use a browser. uncustmoizble UI is a meme. chrome is standard and optimal. nothing else to do. maybe use your browser to browse, which is where chrome has it best. firefox looks terrible btw and comes w/ bloatware now. opera too and their VPN is 3rd party dog shit probably sells ur data and is basically chrome. opera 12 was pretty good for its time but its useless now. chrome #1, edge will be #1 in the future if they can manage to unfuck it (aka never)

>shitty argument and a meme one at that
Not in the slightest.
>nobody uses side tabs
I do.
>i used to be a firefox side tab sperg like you
Where did I say I use Firefox?
>i realize having a million tbas open is NOT how u use a browser.
See, the thing about browsers is that they're software for personal computers, key word being personal. If side tabs aren't for you, that's all fine and dandy. But if I don't even get the option to use them, it's a shitty browser.
>uncustmoizble UI is a meme
Calling things a meme isn't an argument, you fucking retard. A customizable UI is very important, especially when the defaults are so atrocious.
> maybe use your browser to browse
I do. Given Chrome's lack of sidetabs, it sucks for that.
>firefox looks terrible btw
Again, where did I say I use Firefox? And at least it not only looks better than Chrome but can also be customized.
>comes w/ bloatware now
Neat
>opera too and their VPN is 3rd party dog shit probably sells ur data and is basically chrome
Yeah, Chropera's shit.
> opera 12 was pretty good for its time but its useless now
I disagree.
>chrome #1, edge will be #1 in the future if they can manage to unfuck it (aka never)
My sides!

Also, try typing like an adult. I know your shift key works because you were able to capitalize "VPN." It's not that difficult to properly spell words either.

so basically to sum it up your opinion is shit because u think opera 12 is good enough to still use :'D enjoy ur security exploits mongoloid. chrome is #1 in security, usefulness, and speed

I'll take my security holes over your pile of shit any day.

epic nice argument :^D

Come back when you're 18.
>>>/global/rules/2

>i enjoy security exploits

average Sup Forums user everyone. congrats.

Show me where I said that.

That post doesn't say I enjoy security exploits. As a matter of fact, none of my posts do.

Firefox because it is proper free software. I dislike chromium because it is advertised as a clean google free chrome, like an open alternative, but that is false, it is just as bad as the closed one, don't fall fort the Chromium meme!

S A FA R I
A
F
A
R
I

Hands down, best energy optimization. Period.
Fast as fuck too

I still don't get why people insist Firefox is shit, leaks memory, is slower than Chrome, etc (all the stuff we hear on this board). I used Chrome for 6+ years before switching to Firefox this January and have used it on Windows 7, Windows 10, as well as multiple distros and haven't noticed any downgrade in performance from Chrome at all.

Is it just Sup Forums crossposters?

k bro go back to Sup Forums

yes unfortunately

Still waiting for you to point out where I said I enjoy security exploits.

right there moron lmao

Dumbass, see