Google Fuschia RTOS

>Fuchsia is a capability-based, real-time operating system (RTOS) currently being developed by Google. [As a replacement for android]

What are the dis/advantages to end users of Fuschia?

What are the dis/advantages to developers?

Will Google stop supporting Android?

>[As a replacement for android]
Dead on arrival.

It's being made to work on everything not just phones. I hope it replaces windows

Is it completely open-source, or are there binary portions of it?

Can I run bash/x11 on it?

Will it use linux/BSD drivers?

Most importantly, can I run screenfetch/neofetch on it?

unless it runs APKs, there isn't a point to thinking about it

Well it's interesting in that they say it's going to have android app compatibility. Which honestly is the only way I see the transition being possible.

If anyone gives you a reponse to one of these three questions, he is clearly projecting hard or a mindless chill.
Noone knows and we can't answer you.
Delete your thread.

>Is it completely open-source, or are there binary portions of it?
It's propietary, iirc
>Most importantly, can I run screenfetch/neofetch on it?
kek

Doubtful. If anything, they'll add a compatibility layer for Android software. Anything else would be asking for a failure.

>google making a shitty OS just so it can close the code base off and insert more spyware

awesome

^ This.
It's about time Microsoft had ANY competition in the desktop OS market. Google is big enough to spark the attention of normies. Even if both are botnet trash competition is always healthy and might push gnu/linux and maybe a new FREE OS into popularity.

Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking they are going to do. Something similar to a Wine/WSL implementation.

It's interesting that it's being compared to FreeRTOS which in general isn't something I would want to use to run general purpose OS type applications.

>Advantage
Potentially fix the disaster that is that hack of an OS Android.
New OSes are always welcome.
Too much Windows, Linux and SCAMOS, not enough variety.

>Disadvantage
Google are making it.
Google have never made anything good besides Search.
Everything they have made is either buggy, slow, broken, or eventually becomes that with time.
Gmail, Maps, Chrome, everything, all shit now.

I'm pretty positive it will, I believe chromeOS already does that

They should have created android with desktop mode instead, unless what happened to windows 8 is scaring them

>it's being made to work on everything not just phones
Oh god no, please tell me they're not gonna do the wangblows "let's give everything a tablet interface" routine. Besides, unless it's open enough to allow for "custom ROMs" or the equivalent, it's never going to replace Android among flashing enthusiasts.

>RTOS
Expect even more lag.

They want to ditch android if they can and have their own OS without linux or java shit.
Wikipedia says its open source, they've posted source code on github.

>OS without linux or java shit.
I don't want to break your dreams, but google just implemented kotlin support for their shitty platform. Time to wake up or if you are just posts b8, then don't mind me.

They may still close it off at some point. I know they were trying pretty hard to close off Android at one point or another.

The interesting thing to me is. If you just wanted to change the UI to be like wangblows 8 and have this weird semi tablet interface. Why would they go to the lengths of redoing the Kernel. There is no reason that they couldn't just slap a new "desktop manager" on top of the old kernel.

Maybe they think that if they get rid of the overhead of the monolithic kernel they can significantly reduce battery life which is one of the biggest issues with phones today imo.

I can't help but wonder, since Google makes all their money off of your personal info, that's probably the whole point of an OS all your own. No matter how good the OS ever got to be (which I have my doubts about anyway) I would still believe that to some extent the OS monitors you.

It's a the state of a Google intern project at the moment.

Unless Google actually devote some serious manpower to this it's never going anywhere.

Given that they open sourced it while in such a sad state means it was probably never intended as something serious, just a tech test.

It would definitely enable them to get deeper information about your general use and they could more easily put backdoors in though if they keep the kernel completely open source as it is now then I don't know how it could remain hidden to us. I really wonder if they are going to keep it fully open source as previously discussed or if parts will be released solely as binaries.

Does google have any binary only release packages in android presently? (aside from their apps and app frameworks)

It's just useful to own the whole platform. Maybe fuschia is to linux what chrome was to firefox.

For google maybe, but they aren't the puppet masters of OEMs. Android is also an in-house project so it doesn't make more sense.

>caring about the new google botnet

Wow, you sure are a faggot.

if it:
-has a completely open branch kinda like chromium is to chrome
-can run regular x11/wayland
-can run gcc
-has decent hardware support

I'll use it.

>real time operating system
Nice meme

Why would it be open source? They will close it down tight and you won't be able to run your shit.

As soon as they get it running they will murder Android and you will be forced to choose between iOS and Fuschia.

means that linux is ded

it sounds like it was written in C+=

>Why would it be open source? They will close it down tight and you won't be able to run your shit.

Why would they ? They only have to keep their services proprietary, which is what they do now on Android.

The OS itself can be open (again just like Android is), but if you are going to use Google services (search, youtube, app store etc) you need their proprietary services.

Chrome is proprietary, Chromium (which is what I use alongside Firefox) is fully open source.

That said it doesn't matter, Fuschia is going nowhere, just look at the state of the code, it's like some hobby kernel shit.

what is its base language? go?

no GNU licence

DOA

It's MIT licensed.

I mean.... I actually included RTOS in the title because I thought it was strange they compared themselves to an RTOS when its very doubtful they have realtime capabilities.

Another interesting discussion point.

Also:GF Puking in other room. y/n

>an OS written from scratch that's lighter than Android while maintaining full compatibility

There's about a generous 1.5% chance it'll end up being a successful thing before it's scrapped by Google.

Advantages: Micro kernel design
Disadvantages: It's made by google
So it will be a very good botnet i guess