Why is MacBook so much better for students compared to other laptops?

Why is MacBook so much better for students compared to other laptops?

I was never a student or a MacBook owner but pictures like this really make me think

peer pressure

yes

Young people are easily affected by peer pressure. Especially non-STEM brainlets.

>Succumbing to peer pressure
People actually do this?

no

a lot of universities are straight up laptop resellers. I've known multiple MBAs with laptops that came bundled with academic software (+ licenses), and they usually cost a fortune.

I wouldn't be surprised if pic related had a similar thing going on with Apple.

I remember someone threw a shitfit because they were in a student lecture photo and they were one of the few non-mac users and they got their laptop photoshopped into a macbook instead.

It's just internalized peer pressure at this point.

It's the reliably good-enough default, and Windows is annoying.

I bet she is autistic

And has no friends

They don't know about Linux and students generally need their shit to work most of the time which Windows doesn't. Nobody wants their computer shutting off when they're typing up a paper.

I know this might come out a bit fashioned but...
Why do you need a laptop for lectures?

Captcha "Educators credit"

>implying that doesn't make her even more attractive

Do you look poor if you pull out a macbook with a glowing logo?
Because they don't make those anymore, and any glowing apple macbook is several years old by now.

People like to buy a $2000 laptop once and they expect it to last them their whole degree, but many end up ditching it anyway because they don't want to look poor, due to peer pressure.

So good lecturers in Poland have thinkpads
Not meme ones, but still

Because typing is faster than writing.

/thread

oldfashioned

It still amazes me that microsoft programmed their OS to do that, it is like their trying to kill windows computers and usher in an age of macbook and mobile only.

I know a guy on YouTube whose a student and he uses arch i3 girls like him too(not really)

I just hooked up with professors and asked them for texts then spent my lecture time actually listening.

Because if you give normie retards the option, they'll ignore ALL updates and allow shit to go without security or any updates for months if not years.

Proof is in the news. Retards on W7 and W8 that have privileges to delay updates forever got fucked where not a single W10 machine on forced updates got screwed.

The general public cannot be trusted to take care of security of their own computers, because they don't understand it, and they don't care about it.

So you're in lecture and you just mindlessly tap away the whole lecture verbatim without processing it.

When you write things down, you HAVE to summarize it because you cannot write fast enough and the simple act of writing it down does wonders for retention of information.

>age of macbook

>his school doesn't lend him a free HP EliteBook 820 G3 with Linux mint at the start of undergraduate studies

>18 in HS
>going to mid teir uni next year
>honestly not excited at all
>When I look at pictures of people in college, like the ones ITT they all look like people i'd be miserable around
Fun times ahead

>same fag
And a thinkpad

>I was never a student
?

Yeah that's nice, I can just process whatever I don't pick up because I'm multitasking later back at my dorm. Writing down means I might miss some important stuff and raise my hand and ask the professor to repeat what he said a minute ago like some dweeb. No one wants to slow down the class like that, it's not high school.

OP is either from the 50's or works some miserable trade job

Anyone who knows they have to pay off student debt would look like that. Mostly men.

what about ubuntu laptops?

She is looking at the guy next to her.
My guess is he is sporting a gentooed Lemote Yeeloong and is getting pussy soon.

WHAT ABOUT UBUNTU LAPTOPS!?

I bet she passed.

Everyone uses old thinkpads.

YOUBUNTOO? LOL WHAT IS THAT

>hey my parents are gonna buy me a computer for university
>wow i really hope i get the new MacBook Pro (tm)
meanwhile people who donĀ“t get shit paid for
>what would be the most efficient laptop for university?
>based on what i will be doing a simple and thinkpad with ubuntu preinstalled would be ideal

Have fun fulfilling your self-fulfilling prophecy.

Your experience is what you make it. Especially if you're gonna pay a lot of money to do it. Think positive and short-term while you can.

It would be easy to hide the option to update when you want from those retards. For example android has stuff they don't want normalfag idiots messing with in the developer options.

wew, get some standards man

They're probably handed out by the school

I've never used one, but when I watch people who know their way around a macbook it looks seriously fast. the touchpad gestures make it far more powerful than a Windows laptop for navigation. Plus they're lightweight and presumably have good build quality.

the downside would be constantly booting into boot camp to use engineering software.

MacBooks in Poland aren't really that popular anyway

>no stickers

These are probably owned by the school

>Why is MacBook so much better for students compared to other laptops?

How the fuck do you or I know if its better?

dell latitude
ftw
with xubuntu on it

dell latitude is the laptop in interstellar

why were they using ancient laptops in the 2060s?
Did technology just stop?

"that's an indian airforce drone"

well you don't see any flying cars
the dell latitude .. his "truck" .. a gradual advancement. like cuba .. still using 50s cars

its the "rugged" version

find apple .. would find apple somewhat restrictive, vs linux on a pc .. they're not graphic designers .. why are they all on apple (re thread) .. it's just fashion.

Anyone know the Uni?

I have honestly seen crowds of people with MacBooks and I am currently a student. I have seen a few people using MacBooks but almost always around the music hall. There is only ONE MacBook user that I have seen near the computing sciences area. In the humanities wing one could find one or two MacBook users in a sea of HP laptops running Windows 10.

it is like cuba ..
he needs the drone to cannibalise
"that thing can power the whole farm"
everything run down "make do & mend"
manufacturing finished .. frozen in the "50s"

Why are they all sitting there with notebooks? All you need is paper to take notes and a slide printout to comment /annotate.

Using a laptop in class is just stupid and inefficient.

Looking at the size and number of students with expensive hardware, probably something Ivy.

>implying that the use of laptops in class isn't explicitly to browse the internets and to fuck around.

I got to a STEM school, mostly CS. Most kids still use Macs

The question should be why are they even attending lectures.
Also I found it far more effective and useful to write my notes on a laptop than write them down.
Easier to store, easier to organise and easier to write/edit.

its like a filter

you chose those who don't have apple for work in team projects

Yup. No sense getting involved with people who are going to show you up as a loser.

Even after all the years, people are still using the same images on this board. Jesus christ.

Or maybe joined the Armed Forces.

just newfags who haven't already seen it a hundred times

I prefer this functionality anyway.
It says replace when you do it so learn to read.

I've overheard shit like this at my uni.
Makes me so fucking mad.
The computers that we have in the libraries are perfectly adequate but no, it's not apple garbage trash shit so therefore it's cheap and shitty.

>mactoddlerism

I'll use some adjectives:

>shiny
> just werks
>materialism

99.99% of societal plebs fall for it everytime.

> Why is MacBook so much better for students compared to other laptops?

Because they're uncomplicated, reliable and well supported. Most students will already be familiar with the interface.

There's really no need to think hard about your OS choice unless you're doing something that calls for it.

Macfag here

my guess is because modern students are fags who do shit like liberals arts.

Macs are very good for graphic design and other liberal arty things. This creates a trend where Macbooks are the standard to get in these areas. They are also some of the best laptops anyway and are very slim and portable, useful for a student.

>being able to read makes someone a toddler
10/10 argument pajeet

you know what other laptops are slim, portable, and useful for a student?
literally any laptop made since the mid 90's

this "good for graphic design and art" is the biggest meme that sold laptops ever

I'm sorry is Photoshop and Sony Vegas not available on windows jesus fuck

The number 1 for students is the Air iirc and there is nothing around quite that slim that isn't just a rip off of the Air anyway (so you are better off just getting the Air)

>Why is MacBook so much better for students compared to other laptops?
pen and paper is the only answer for non brainlets in relevant fields ie stem.

>Writing down means I might miss some important stuff
If you cannot write down notes while keeping what the professor is saying in your short term memory, then you are not college material to begin with.

>good for graphic design

I don't use a Mac, but it's largely due to the software that's available, battery life and overall support. People want things that just werk usually

pen and paper can fuck off except for basic note taking to convert later

so glad it's acceptable to take a laptop to class now

it's a hackintosh.

Why is America so degenerate and impulsive.

>Why do you need a laptop for lectures?
You don't. Most of those kids are checking e-mail or playing games during the lecture. Seriously. And that is depressing to know.

> America is degenerate and impulsive because there are degenerate and impulsive people in America

Good reasoning bro, I can tell you're one smart cookie

>when some fag who is going to do international relations in college goes out and buys a 4K touch Dell XPS 15" for no reason other than "video games"
>when this same faggot is trying to buy a "gaming" mouse and mechanical keyboard for his laptop to be a pro gaymer

This nigga is buying a $2500 laptop to use Microsoft Word and play League of Legends

Write them by hand in class. Then write them again on your computer, if you want. This furthers the retention of your classwork.

Brainlet detected.
Call me when you take advanced mathematical classes(or whatever you call it in your country) with your laptop.
Non-stem fags can fuck off with their subpar diplomas.

why do they need to be that thin, though?
it's not like the competition is all 20 inches thick
i used a thinkpad 360ce in college, and it didn't use much space in my bag
and computers were even used for as much as i imagine they are now, so wouldn't student now have fewer books to carry as well? what are they using the space for that a slightly thicker laptop is a deal breaker?

same reason computers need to be faster, why dont we just stick with our dumbphones, etc

paper can't even be taken home without getting scrunched

no tagging, no search function to bring it up in a sec

fuck your pen and paper
lets argue this some more

>taking notes with a computer
yeah maybe if you study humanities

Hola @Las mac son cool
El macos esta muy soportado por applicacion y son vanguardistas
>antes que mac son para gays
Dejen de ser racistas

>need to be faster
to get more work done in the same amount of time?
>why dont we just stick with our dumbphones
to do things a dumbphone can't do?

what does a 0.8" laptop change over a 1.5" laptop, all else being equal?
maybe you'll need to buy a different $20 bag at worst

Si. Las mac son muy fast. Rapidas.