I just turned 22, Ive read and practiced The Linux Command Line.

Im only now starting to get heavily interested in programming. Is it too late for me now, at 22?

How old were you when you started all this, and how far have you come?

Its too late. Dont bother. You can't learn anything past 15.

>Ive read and practiced The Linux Command Line
>The Linux Command Line
Never gonna make it

>Im only now starting to get heavily interested in programming
At least you call it programming

Memes aside, it's never too late

18. Doing a short IT course. Not going to continue on with it, but I did enjoy what I learned.

I was like 12 when my middle school teacher had us do pseudo programming with this dumb alice thing. 16 when I really started getting into it.

Not too late user. My brother started in his late 20s as a hobbyist and a few years later he went from working factory jobs to a web and android developer at a consulting firm.

yeah your brain is overdeveloped and can not amass new knowledge

go work in the fields

Lucky you. Never got to do any form of programming in school, just word processing.

Shit man, I'm 27 and started programming about a year ago.
It's never too late.

Would you say it's easier, when you're older? I never have the patience to fully learn it.

Thanks Sup Forumsents for the positive words

No

It's harder you dumby, it's a fact: As you get older, it's harder to learn

Are you incapable of doing anything more than what you did as a kid? If your first job was flipping burgers, would you be mentally incapable of doing IT work?

whycome the spiders isnt eating them?

It's too late to become a good developer, but you can always become a pajeet.

Some people start at 40 and do great things. Many people start young and do nothing.

I just have a really hard time getting around programming. It's mainly because I don't find it interesting. I'd like to be able to do it, but don't have the motivation. This doesn't apply to other things.

It's never too late user get schwifty

It sounds like I'm contridicting myself, but it's just how it is. I see the function and practicality of knowing how to, but don't have the time or interest to put the time in.

You need an actual problem to solve. Try project Euler.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I started it on my deathbed. Now i'm the CTO of Hell.

I don't know, I'm working in networking for about 3 years.
Programming never really interested me back then.
Last year my company got a job to monitor several different networks.
My job was to login to their websites, and check/compare some data manually.
But you must relog back after every hour or so, it was so dumb because I had to login back every hour to every site, typing different passwords and shit. There was about 10 different usernames/passwords.
There must be a easier way to do that.
After a month into Python learning I made a script which logins me to every site in 5 seconds.
After 3 months I made a script to pull data from every site, compare them and send results to my superior officer.
My job is so easy now, I come to office, turn on scripts, and start learning even more about programming.
I expect if I continue with this pace, I can switch to programming next year

Good luck on your venture.

is that the evil dogger

I dont know, theres a giantic nest of them nextdoors

Its my cute new rottweiler pup

Thanks, It all depends on if you are interested in programming or not.
I have a CCNA certificate with 3 years of experience, I can probably find a job in any networking company, but interest in networking is starting to fade, I don't really care anymore.
Programming is my new occupation, shit, I even stay longer at work because I am working on some programming problem which has nothing to do with my actual job.

I get you. I'm doing a course at the moment, about networks. I find it interesting but couldn't imagine doing it as a job. I'd rather just do a trade, instead. Like I'm doing.

Next year.