What's the best firewall?

What's the best firewall?

How can stones even burn? never understood this.

Depends on your needs.

The one built into the Linux kernel.

Whitelisting

it's based off real world firewalls

they are made to contain the fire in a single room. most modern buildings have them.

you fucking dillhole.

a 7700k

dumbass.

iptables or pfsense are the best.

How would someone make a table out of numbers

I unironically use this because it was on the Sup Forums wiki and it sucks, but I'm far too lazy to change it.

I unironically use it since it claimed able to block ARP poisoning. It's not. But quite decent firewall nonetheless.

They build an obsidian portal and mine nether bricks of course

OpenBSD's pf

Common Sense AV + Web of Trust + Linux.

CS will block against most Trojans because I understand that "Free Minecraft" Downloads and PC Matic are malware.

Linux will block against most worms, as hackers generally focus on Windows, MacOS, and corporate Linux servers in that order, and my workstation is not a corporate server.

WOT will warn against spam, fake news etc. It's community based, so I have to take it w/ a grain of salt.

So user, why was our entire company compromised last week?

>Obviously bossman your workers need more common sense, i'm just a sysadmin i'm not supposed to keep the intranet secure.

>Web of Trust
You didn't get the memo, did you

You don't seem to be very intelligent

Hardware: Palo Alto
Linux: iptables
Windows: ??? Kaspersky or ESET I guess.

Planning on being a software dev, so a sysadmin would know more about server-side security.

Also, it's compromised because you used Windows.

I didn't get the memo. What happened?

>Kaspersky
Kaspersky is great, beware russian spying tho.
idgaf about it tbqh, top notch technology and protection and it has seriously improved in performance, it used to be too heavy

>Also, it's compromised because you used Windows.
>Besides bossman, linux has no viruses and can't be exploited.

"But user, we are a divorce law company, Linda at the front desk doesn't know how to use this Linux nonsense"

> Steals computer overnight
> Linux Mint / Kubuntu / Normie Distro OEM Install

"What do you mean you don't see any difference?"

common senseā„¢

As much as I dislike ubuntu, ufw is probably the best firewall I've used in a while. It makes a lot of sense and rips out most of the iptables tables that you never really use. That or what said, pf is pretty tight.

The same way steel does. Jet fuel

/Thread.