/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Previous Thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/miloyip/game-programmer
tour.golang.org
golang-book.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

tfw no non useless lisp dialect to use

True but what is the most powerful race?

Has anyone ever met the elusive programmer (male)?

Common Lisp is plenty useful.
Lispers.

>boys
>on the internet
kek

>Common Lisp is plenty useful.
for what?

how come no one uses it then

Threadly reminder that dlang-chan is not dead; she's going to have her GC tumor removed (eventually); and she's super duper cute and easy to prototype in! Say something nice about her, /dpt/!

>he isn't a programmer (loli)
Get off my board.

Everyone does.

lies

stop posting that ugly boy

>she's going to have her GC tumor removed
that's the dumbest thing they could possibly do, so i fully expect it

stop posting, ugly boy

Lisp is a programmable programming language. Therefore, Lisp can take on the shape of any other programming language. Every programming language is therefore a Lisp in disguise.

nice meme

Reminder: Anyone who doesn't use java is going to be rounded up in the upcoming purges.

Comply or face execution for your crimes.

theres better (you) bait than pretending to use Lisp you know.

>memed a colleague into learning C++ instead of Python
>asks me for a tutorial
>send him a sample fixed point iteration code that calculates the critical point of an Ising ferromagnet
>"omg user where are all the comments? This is so dense!"
>"how do I compile and run this? Apparently I need a 'GCC'?"
>"I-I think I'll stick to Mathematica for now."
>mfw

Who's pretending, friendo?

I believe they're going to make it fully optional in the standard library; so you can still use it if you'd like.

Should I just fucking kill myself? I hate web dev with a passion and just want to program in C but none of the demonstrable skills I have through work experience are useful for these jobs, it's all just fucking web dev. I have a graduate interview with a company for something and it's still fucking webdev this time in C#. I'm thinking of cancelling but have been without a job for a few months now and don't see any positions in anyhing interesting coming up soon.

I don't even care about money. There's nothing I want to buy or do so bothering with this annoying shit doesn't seem worth it.

How do I get a nice job programming in C or even C++? What skills do I need? What projects should I do?

you are, or else post a snippet of your current lisp project.

Learn Lisp.

as an end user whenever I see a piece of software was made in java I cringe, knowing that it will be shit.

dumb frogposter

they can't make it optional. there are a bunch of features in the language itself, like closures, that rely on gc.

Management Information Systems
Bridge the gap between business and IT. Get paid a fucktonne for doing basically nothing in whatever language you want so long as you can talk shit and make excuses for working at your own pace.

Nice try, you might steal my ideas.

(((60456198)))
t. shitposter who doesnt even use lisp

>Work is in progress to make the D standard library, Phobos, usable without any use of the garbage collector. Eventually Phobos will be fully @nogc compliant.

How do I into marketing my project? I just released a game on ios

Heavylifting gamedev? Like consoles, engines. It's still c++ field

This isn't valid Lisp.

they're retarded, i already knew this

We got Kotlin, Scala and Closure
we no need no jave my lad

((60456255))
)implying you would know(

Can someone explain this line to me?

for(char op; cin >> op;)

Apparently it is supposed to read inputs continually but how does it work logically?

How would I even get in to something like this? I'm working on a game engine now but I can't just fuck around for months to finish it before working can I?

I was thinking maybe do some nothing job for money but I just don't care, it doesn't motivate me at all. I have hundreds of thousands sitting in a bank account that I don't even care to know how to access.

I already did user, employers just don't get it.

I must ask you to refrain from using parentheses ever again.

Do it the /dpt/ way: dress up in a sailor uniform; put on your thigh-highs; and go out onto the streets and suck some delicious, sweaty, stinky, and smegma-covered cock.

(60456294)
When you post some original lisp i will

>I'm working on a game engine now but I can't just fuck around for months to finish it before working can I?
live the neet life
live on rice and beans. Put something out there to distinguish yourself from the hoard of millennials, pajeets and millenial pajeets with meaningless degrees.

Thats my sunday routine

is rust any good?

>not everyday
wow what are you a faggot or something

It just reads from cin instead of providing some end of loop check so the loop never terminates and just keeps waiting for a character.

no, its a m*m* language

Yeah I understand but to my understanding the 2nd condition in a for loop is the end condition, so if cin >> op is met the loop terminates, so why does this always read from cin instead?

Never. I will give you only my obfuscated read-time evaluated fizzbuzz.
#.(loop for i from 1 to 100 do
(format t "~:[~:[~a~;Buzz~]~;Fizz~:[~;Buzz~]~]~%~@*" (zerop (mod i 3)) (zerop (mod i 5)) i))

I've been living the neet life and have a meaningless degree. It hurts, I can't stand the feeling of being useless.

what's your degree?

>How would I even get in to something like this?
What stops you from sending a resume to gamedev companies now? If you are proficient in C++ they will consider you I believe. AI/graphics/geometry algorithms knowledge certainly won't hurt.

My bud got a job as a junior C++ dev like that, made a a showreel of his engine. It was not much, but it was clean, showed his C++ and algorithm skills.

phd in cocksucking

The loop ends on false, not true. cin >> op will evaluate to true.

A faggot with only 25 downloads

((60456422))

Yes, those are my posts.

Generic Bachelor of Computer science.

What if I'm actually stupid and can't do it?

What was your coursework like?

Try using your boipucci then.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks.

(60456466)
Doubt it lisposter

Then make something. Make a game if nothing else.
it's easy as piss to get on steam greenlight these days. You should see the shovelware on there.

Being a NEET is fantastic. Why are you complaining?

You can believe what you want, user. No one is stopping you.
>easy as piss
Not anymore.

>no pussy

it's not like programmers get any pussy even if they're employed....

The course was lax in that I could do almost any course I wanted aside from some core units. I did mostly electrical engineering with microcontrollers, parallel computing, systems programming etc. I still don't feel confident in any of those areas though.

Crushing depression from isolation and being reminded how worthless I am.

I guess? Maybe I'll try that.

Should have majored in business.

Learn Godot engine. It's free.

Programmer can be paid enough to buy pussy tho. I know a guy who takes yearly vacations to Thailand to get laid for like the entire week.

>What if I'm actually stupid and can't do it?
Can't do what? You earned a degree, it means something. Stop overthinking, get some books and get grinding github.com/miloyip/game-programmer

>3DPD
I pity you.

>Crushing depression from isolation and being reminded how worthless I am.
And? Cope like rest of us. Drown yourself in vidya, anime, manga, programming projects, music, etc. You should be cherishing your time as a NEET instead of moping.

Totally their fault, girls actually dig programmers who bother to wash their hair once in a while
Well-paid, stable, creative, intellectual job with no retarded side effects like cocaine addiction or crushed skulls

Ok, you smart ass. And what I am supposed to eat

Girls dig rich people. That is the bottom line. In fact cocaine addiction is a plus. Those investment banks always have the hottest girls

>Drown yourself in vidya, anime, manga, programming projects, music, etc
I've tried but I'm finding myself almost sickened by the idea even though I enjoy it while I'm doing it. I also have an incredibly hard time deciding on projects which is probably why I'm having this problem.

Dakis.

smoke dmt if you're lacking direction

Cry. It cleanses the soul.

Drugs are for losers!

Degeneracy.

There are no men on /dpt/, only women. This is good, because women are superior programmers to men.

There are no women on /dpt/, only lolis. This is good, because lolis are superior programmers to women.

But that's wrong, femanon.

There are no lolis on /dpt/, only anons. This is good, because anons are superior programmers to lolis.

Pretty good, actually. I like cargo and RLS, easy to maintain and do a project. Still learning it though, it's quite big as it is

Is go good to develop a web application?

Yes

No.

Maybe

Can you repeat the question?

>No primitive types, only classes

Fuck off meme language, pure java is the best

>go to interview at tech company
>dudebro asks me how to invert a binary tree
>do it, because I know basic CS
>get rejected because knowing basic CS means I'm a bad cultural fit
>turns out the company uses Python

mate, you seem smart enough to do anything, you just need motivation and, prolly, social pressure. would say confidence, but... while I don't even have a degree, I feel like I can put myself in your feet and say, we are fucked, we can't get confidence out of air

this. no joke. cry if you need it.

Yes, absolutely. Start here if you want to learn Go:
tour.golang.org
golang-book.com

How can I implement a generic Fibonacci heap in Go?

Maybe I just need some project I actually care about so I won't just stop working on it because I can't be bothered.