I don't need it

I don't need it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You do

source: I have it

I don't play games or use the internet, other than posting here 30 mins a week. I don't need it

Meh, for me it's literally the cheapest internet they offer.

>60GB
>10 minutes
Maybe I do need it.

it's great for uploading too since it's one of the few services that can actually achieve more than 900mbps upload

>b-but Poojeet is killing the internet!
>fuck drumpf!

To be fair, they are being jews and refusing to expand their network outside of highly populated suburbs and urban areas for the most part.

Though being one of the people getting 1gbps for under $100 a month i really can't complain too much.

And apparently FiOS are working on deploying NG-PON2 by the early/mid 2020s. Which would be 40gbps download and 10gbps per 4 or 8 houses which would allow 5-10gbps symmetric residential connections by the mid 2020s.

Thanks for your opinion.
Have a good day!

>be me
>have charter
>60mbps down
>5...fucking 5mbps
>$70.00 a month

I hate the way Internet works in the US.

>5 up*

>tfw this would never exist in burger land.

youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

DOCSIS is disgusting specifically because of the lack of upload bandwidth.

Hell it's why Comcast is creating their own Fiber network to compete with Verizon, AT&T, and others.

Comcast now has 2gpbs download and upload fiber internet (as opposed to their normal Cable DOCSIS internet).

...Verizon is in burger land

And how much did you pay for that?

This package is from Burgerland you dip

Well as OP picture shows, $69.99 for just internet, here is what I pay for 1gbps internet + home phone and TV.

>landline
>tv

literally why?

For once I realize Verizon isn't even that bad. Too bad in my area Verizon sold off FiOS to Frontier over a year ago and now the best I can get is 150/150 for $75

Because for existing customers gigabit service is $124.99 a month, after taxes right around $130.

With TV and phone, it lowers it to $94.99 with taxes and fees comes to right around $105. $25 cheaper a month than just 1gbps service would be. The discounts last the entire length of my contract.

Yup, when i heard they were selling some off to Frontier I was elated to hear they weren't selling off in my area.

Verizon has been solid for the 11-12 years i've been a customer.

What's going on?

Also for anyone curious, you can use your own router. There are several people on various tech forums running this service on beefy Pfsense or UTM9 boxes.
Discounts
One $5 discount expires at the end of 1 year, another $5 discount expires the next year, and that's when my contract is up. I then have several other discounts that expire after the next year, by which point i'll have renegotiated for a better price, or done something else with my internet.

>gigabit
>940 megabits
>gigabit
Why is this fucking allowed?

On another note, 100mbps is $55/month where I live.

>Why is this fucking allowed?
Because you're a moron.

FiOS actually provisions each customer with 1024/1024mbps at the GPON node.

HOWEVER, TCP/IP packet overhead is guess what? ~5.5%

your NIC is rated for 1000mbps, 5.5% of 1000? 65.

1000-65= 945.

Meaning at FULL speed, the most you can expect a 1gbps NIC to provide is 945mbps. The only way to get around this is to change frame sizes to use Jumbo frames, but no ISPs support jumbo frames, so in essence, you're limited to 945mbps to your ISP by the 1gbps and TCP/IP specification

Educate yourself next time so you don't make a fool of yourself again.

No you piece of shit. One gigabit service is one gigabit service. I don't care why they can or can't do a full 1gbps, if they can't do it they shouldn't advertise it.

>live in straya
>get NBN
>25/5mb for $79 a month
>speed drops to 1mb download when it rains

So then literally no gigabit internet service providers exist in the WORLD unless they provide above 1gbps.

Because NO ISP can change how the 802.3 specification works for 1gbps NICs.

Sorry, but just like how your USB 3.0 port is rated for 5gbps, you'll never actually see a device hit 5gbps while using it.

The actual fine print is 750-940mbps download and 740-880mbps upload depending on local congestion.

I personally have never seen below ~850mbps though. it's pretty much always full speeds.

>it always rains

Has anyone had experience with AT&T's UVerse Gigabit? Thinking of switching over, and they're the only ones that provide it in my area.

I do not personally, but have heard good things from other anons here who do have it. They always post 900mbps+ for both up and downloads, so i suspect it's pretty good if it's available to you.

I've got it in the metro atlanta area. Speed is as advertised for the most part, it saturates my connection with steam at least, and I usually download at 200+ Mbps from MEGA.

The peering for youtube is absolute shit though, always buffering at peak time. Plus they force you to use their router with no true passthrough. But I'll take it any day over Comcast's 150/""25"", plus data cap

I have 5mbit peak here in Aus. Fucking kill me already

>100mb down
>0.5mb up
:/

ya'll crying about 5mbs? This is normal for me, faggots

you need it to send information about your computer and your files faster to home base

I need to switch to that, I have some old 85/85 plan that I pay more for than the that new gigabit one.

It's great if available

just in case you haven't noticed: there's a free speed giveaway going on

>tfw only time Warner (now spectrum) is available where i live

60/10 is good for $65, right guys?

It's not fuck me in the was terrible. But it's not great either.

This is literally the fastest available option to me in my new house. £30 p/m with no usage caps, inc phone line and TV though so it's not too bad

*ass

Yeah I just checked, they got it in my area. Going to call after work. Wonder if they need to send a cut to replace my stuff or if they can just remotely activate it.

Send a guy*

>Comcast.

Yeah but the problem is you'll have Comcast. So if your internet ever goes out, they'll charge you because they got upset over something.

To be honest, I'd rather have no internet than have Comcast again.

Depends what you currently have for your installation.

These days they REQUIRE an ethernet install (not coax) for anything over 100mbps. So if you're on an old Coax install, you'll have to have a tech come out and run ethernet from the ONT to your router.

if you're still on an old BPON ONT then they'll further have to replace it with a GPON ONT.

Order online to avoid $90 in installation fees and get an extra $10 off your bill.

>Sheffield

I'm so sorry

This is true, and one of the major reasons I don't want to switch to them, and probably wont. BUT the offer is pretty enticing.

It's full 2gbps service, they just leave you an SFP+ lead from their network, you can plug it into whatever you want. On their end, the 2gbps connection links DIRECTLY into an MX2020 backbone server and avoids their usual edge routers most of their customers hit first.

They charge $500-1000 for installation fees, but they're willing to foot up to $15,000 in total installation costs.

They lock you in at $149.99 for 2 years, then it goes up to $170 a month.

They also give you a static IP address for this level of service, and no data caps.

So it's about as good as it gets for a residential service, period.

yuropoor education everybody

They probably need to install it then, I got one of those moca coax boxes.

Yeah, and since you're on the old 85/85mbps i'd ASSUME you're also on a BPON ONT and they'll have to replace it with a GPON ONT. The BPON ONTs only had 10/100mbps ethernet ports and MoCA 1.1 Coax (max of 175mbps).

GPON ONT has MoCA 2.0 (max of around 500mbps in best case), and 10/100/1000 ethernet.

They've gone away from coax installs entirely the last few years, so they'll want to drill a hole somewhere to run an ethernet cable to wherever you keep your router.

If you want them to use something besides CAT5e. Supply your own cable, CAT6a is good for up to 10gbps over 100m if you want to future proof your network.

I wish Comporium would get me real cable.

They're starting to offer 1gbps in a (tiny portion) of town... For $90 fucking dollars a month.

My ping on euro servers is awful. Minimum 140ms for anything in the UK. 160ms for French/German. Just gets worse from there.

I think I might put my router by the ONT, it's right in the middle of my house so it will get good wifi coverage for all the rooms from there, and then run a single cat6 wire to each of the rooms I want Ethernet in and use gigabit switches from there.

Sounds reasonable to me, have the tech do a wired speedtest before he leaves to make sure you're getting at least 850mbps+

Some people upgrade and then get stuck at ~300-500mbps and they have to call a tech to come out again and reset shit.

>My ping on euro servers is awful. Minimum 140ms for anything in the UK. 160ms for French/German. Just gets worse from there.

I mean that's not great ping, but it's not too shit considering you're getting 40ms+ to a server nearby.

Here is my test to Paris. 84 ping.

>spongebob meme requested

>move from time warner to spectrum after merger
>offer me 64.99 for 100/10
>they dont prorate me
>first bill is 77 dollars
>internet speed takes 3 days to go to upgraded speeds because pajeet put me in the system as having a modem with wifi when they sent me out a normal modem
>spend 2 hours fixing it over the phone

Its a fucking nightmare. I hope this is some first month shit, I can barely afford 65

Worst case give them a call and tell them straight up, I thought the pricing online would be more in line with my actual bill, I can't afford more than $65 a month, i'm going to have to cancel service if it's going to always be this high.

Most non shitty ISPs will work with you a bit and give a $10 or $20 a month discount for a year or two to keep you as a customer.

>tfw paying $90 dollarydoos for 6 Mbps down & 0.87 Mbps up.

NBN coming on June 23rd.

The best part about this is that frontier uses telenetwork for there support line. They're soon going to be in a class action suit because they didn't pay overtime properly to the people who were there work from home call center. I worked at it and it was bad worked 60 hours my first week when "training" and didn't even get the extra 20 hours paid let alone overtime.

Now you can pay for 100mbps while only getting 20mbps!

>t. increasingly nervous yuropoor
fiber's getting put in in my neighborhood as we speak, juan/alfredo/pierre/hans/vlad

I don't even have wired connection, I just use my phone as a WiFi hotspot when I'm home.

I know I won't be able to get 100 Mbps. 50/20 is looking like the maximum.

>UK
>14 down
>3 up
>£70 with TV

funnily enough my cellular signal strength is so shit at my house that I can barely use my LTE internet.

>Locked into contract
>$170/Month
>Comcrap NSA/Spy network with all the extra fees, bells, and whistles

Literally not worth it at all, fug!

Not in Sheffield, that's just the server it picked to test too. I'm about 40 miles east of the town.

You're in a 2 year contract at $149.99

after that your contract is up. THEN the price goes up to $170.

Feel free to cancel after the 2 years, or even before if you're willing to pay an ETF.

I've got family in Lincoln and Preston.

So glad i'm in the US now though.

>tfw i pay 10 dollars less than that for 15 mbps

My mum's side of the family come from Lincoln.

>>do you know Bill?

Even with only the other added disadvantages it's not worth it, don't ever support Comcast.

Forget the factual inaccuracy, the most horrible sin in this post is the fact that Mario has no mustache, shame on you!

If you sign up before the "coexistence period" ends, the maximum guaranteed speed is only 12/1. In my case, this is actually slower than what I get on ADSL2 currently so I refuse to swap over to the NBN.

What's the least jewy prepaid hotspot in US? I used to leech off boostmobile 60$ unlimited with a rooted prepaid android but that seems to be no longer something they provide

The only real disadvantage is it's comcast and it's $500-1000 install costs + whatever it will cost you to get a 2gbps network up and running, which right now would require 10Gbps NICs and similar gear which could easily run you another $1000.

As for the NSA shit, I hope you realize literally any ISP you connect to in the US is being spied on, just because you go with a smaller ISP doesn't mean anything. NSA has nodes on every US ISP to monitor whatever they need to.

>18.73Mbps down
>1.72Mbps up

No shit, no one needs explanation of that here, but lesser-known ISPs are bound to be safer regardless. Your loss for supporting media like MSNBC and countless other jewish corporations by signing up for Comcrap.

Equivalent of $55/3months in a 3rd world shithole with unlimited data plan

Lets see, I can go with RCN 1gbps, Verizon FiOS 1gbps, or Comcast 2gbps.

You're the retard who'd get 5mbps if it meant you could pretend the NSA was spying slightly less on you than everyone else.

My rural canadian internet cost that much but i only get like 10 mbps down. Tbh that's good for canadian standards lmao. Wish the companies here weren't a mafia and actually gave good service like this.

I also honestly feel that way. 100/100mbit is enough. That $70/month option is cheaper, though. Here it's $40/month for 100/100mibt and about $120 for gigabit/gigabit.

Another big reason I don't bother with gigabit is that here in Swedistan I rarely get 100mbit down. If I use local sites or download some GNU/Linux distribution with a few peers in Sweden, Russia, Norway or Finland then I'll get 100mbit down. I mostly don't get that speed which indicates that I'd rarely get gigabit even if I have that between my home and my ISP.

Be honest, just how often are you downloading something that's 67 GB?

That's just silly. But hey, if you can pay $125 or $95 total then you should obviously pay $95 and get whatever free services you'll never use along with it.

I get 250mbps u/d unlimited with a noname ISP in the middle of nowhere and pay $50/Month for it, no other fees, and I use my own modem/router. I have no issues and don't feel like I'm being spied on because I don't use Comcrap "Hebrew media providors".

>Be honest, just how often are you downloading something that's 67 GB?
When these fill up i've got a 5TB I can start fresh with.

>Another big reason I don't bother with gigabit is that here in Swedistan I rarely get 100mbit down. If I use local sites or download some GNU/Linux distribution with a few peers in Sweden, Russia, Norway or Finland then I'll get 100mbit down. I mostly don't get that speed which indicates that I'd rarely get gigabit even if I have that between my home and my ISP.
Not really as big a deal in the US actually, since most services are being hosted on servers close by (at least for me on the East coast US), almost everything i connect to gets decent speeds, at least 400-500mbps. And many things get 800mbps+

>and I use my own modem/router
Comcast actually wants you to use your own router with their 2gbps service since pretty much EVERY consumer router out right now only has 1gbps NICs.

They give you an SFP+ lead if you have a 10gbps NIC with SFP+ connectors, you can hook it right up, whether it's a Merkai, or a custom box running Pfsense or UTM9, it's got a static IP and full 2.2gbps bandwidth allocated from the node for both download and upload.

If you don't have network equipment capable of an SFP+ connection they'll hook it up to a switch that will give you 1gbps ethernet connection instead, but then you're obviously capped at 1gbps.

>tfw computer is too slow for 1 gbps

I doubt it.

1gbps is only 125MB/s
Most modern hard drives are capable of 150-200MB/s write speeds. And pretty much any SSD from the 8 years would manage over 300MB/s

Unless you've got a real piece of shit computer, you should be fine.

He's probably talking about the NIC. That would still be pretty old though, gigabit has been on consumer shit since 2007ish.

Yeah, or he might have a shitty Marvell NIC. I've seen a few of those top out at 400-500mbps instead of the rated 1gbps.

I don't really notice the difference over 100/100

>tfw burgerland and not even near any major cities so will die with nothing better than 10mbps

Maybe you can get lucky and your local government will fund a fiber network.

It's the only way those small towns will ever get something better than ADSL/VDSL or DOCSIS.

>tfw I live in Chicago
>tfw we don't have fiber throughout the entire city because the corrupt piece of shit Democrat politicians in charge of the city take bribes from Comcast (lobbying) so that nobody else can lay anything here
>tfw it's so fucking expensive and time-consuming to lay fiber in the city that even Google gave up on its fiber project in our area
>tfw not even ATT or Verizon offer fiber in our area
Shit sucks. So much for net neutrality. I love government regulation! It just opens the doors to so much corruption.

>149.99
man, must be nice to live in an area with competition

I don't really think it has anything to do with liberal or conservative, you have dozens of towns and cities, in the south that are deeply conservative and allow comcast to do the same lobby bullshit there.

It's a government problem, but it's not a Liberal only issue.

Honestly yeah, the only reason comcast doesn't have a data cap around here is because the two other majors ISPs here don't have data caps either and you quickly see people switching to the others without caps.

Who knew actual competition would bring prices down and make sure retarded policies like data caps aren't enforceable.