Making torrents illegal doesn't wo-

>making torrents illegal doesn't wo-

torrentfreak.com/extratorrent-shuts-down-for-good-170517/

>F
too soon

Good riddance

Time to start paying for shit like the poor faggots you are

Will torrents even be a thing within the next few years?

Please never procreate and travel beyond the United States.

Thanks.

Piracy will always find a way. That all said, ThePirateBay has managed to stand the test of time.

why the swedish government doesn't just seize the .se TLD domain is beyond me

fucking pussies

never heard of that one

i hope i2p gets a good tracker one day

couldn't one simply host a torrent site on i2p or tor and make the actual torrents clearnet?

so authorities wouldnt be able to go after the site itself and people could still pirate shit

You can't make a protocol illegal, that's not how networks work.

>TLD domain

Satan knows what's up.

The word torrent has multiple meanings and you picked the one that doesn't make sense. Congrats. Dumbass.

>try to install i2p a few months ago becasue an alternative to Tor is always nice
>more extensive installation procedure than Gentoo

>torrent plebs cry as they lose another tracker
makes me lol out loud, usenet master race wins again

bittorrent is a protocol. What are you even doing here, you stupid shit?

The word torrent is used to refer to the protocol, as well as files containing hashes themselves. Just because it makes you upset does not make it false.

yeah but that already happens with the piratebays browser thingo

>as well as files containing hashes themselves
They're only torrents in the context of being transferred via bittorrent, dumbass. Otherwise they're just files. It's like you know you're embarrassing yourself but you keep going.

No matter how many times you call me dumb, you will not be able to deny reality. Torrent files are almost exclusively are delivered through HTTP, not via the specialized bittorent protocol.

a new one will take its place

o boy a real live Internet fite :]

>not via the specialized bittorent protocol.
what is magnet

I did say
>almost exclusively

Plus you could very well argue that you simply deliver a blob of data via magnet, it never finds itself as a file in the file system.

what's going on in this thre...

TPB was the biggest, tracker out there, they moved from .torrents years ago, people still uses it even after the FBI raid
i'm not sure if people
>almost exclusively
use .torrents

My opinion is different, but, fine, be it your way, even then the original statement

>They're only torrents in the context of being transferred via bittorrent

still makes 0 sense.

that's not me, and yeah, that user confused .torrent files with the files being torrented they selves

I use rutracker, how safe is that from shutting down?

The Russian government doesn't give a shit if western media gets pirated right?

russia gov just prohibited rutracker (and other things) and any way to reach it be proxy, vpn, tor
so i don't know how it will affect rutracker

Unauthorized copying is not illegal. You go to civil court and get sued by """Them""" not criminal court. Please cease making these bait threads or the new Cancer will actually believe these lies.
Leave and don't come back