Motherfucking storm

>motherfucking storm
>surge happens
>turn on computer again
>mobo don't recognize the Ethernet anymore

Is this a common thing?

I just bought some PCI one but I wonder why only the integrated lan died, should I fear for my mobo?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/answers/id-3320125/lan-port-burnt-boot.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Not using whole house surge protection
>Not at least unplugging your shit

You deserve it cuck.

kek, thjs is what happens when you can't afford a router

I have a router, the motherfucker is alive and well

then your router is so cheap that it doesn't have a surge protection if it singlehandedly forwarded the thunderstrike to your pc

>port forwarding thunderstrikes

How long is the ethernet cable?
Are you if a different building/does the cable go outside at any point?
Is/was the cable coiled up at some point.

it happened the same to me, storm then ethernet fucked up. I just bought an USB LAN card and fixed it. It was like 1 year ago and mobo still alive :D

> router passes through a 50,000A + current unharmed

I find this exceptionally hard to believe

>firewire

Thunderbolt™

Maybe its not the ampreres that kill you its the volts

> he's never heard of port forwarding

Thunder doesn't strike, dipshit.

get an APC surge protector

kek

Actually, its a exclusive route from my ISP, they started to make their own routers when they got FTTH everywhere

Shut your machine off. Unplug it and then hold the power button down for several seconds, if there's a status light on the motherboard, watch for it to go out. This is called draining the flea power. Power it back up and see if you're back in business.
Check BIOS too to make sure the device is still enabled and didn't get switched off due to a surge.

AMD mobo?
If so then no wonder

Intel, I hope this is why ONLY the lan died

If draining the flea power and checking your BIOS settings doesn't work. Try resetting the BIOS after draining the flea power again.

Well I will backup my OC settings and reset the bios to see what happens, the fucking lan light is yellow

Try draining the flea power first if you haven't. It's how you do a full hardware reset normally.

I tried I tried

Well bios reset did nothig, thats nice I guess since I already ordered the pci card and I would feel like a retard if it was fixed

Cool picture bro

tomshardware.com/answers/id-3320125/lan-port-burnt-boot.html

Its obviously a fucking google images example, I'm not going to take away my MOBO to take a pic of it and start a thread, do you have brain issues or what

Idiot.

Do you just so happen to live in Madrid? Was it this morning's storm?

Yes

I take it you live somewhere around Villaverde, then. I could give you a free PCI NIC if you want.

>have coiled cable
>mfw a lightening bolt goes though the fucking coil
i-is this how you catch a bolt?

Already got one from pccomponentes, thank yoo anyways

>Buying from PCComponentes when you live near the one and only Fengfeng Zheng
Calle De La Aladierna 13, go pay him a visit. Ask him for used parts if you ever need anything, he's got a shitload.
Tell him Álvaro sent you.

That is the worst bait rape attempt I have witnessed

I was actually going to give him an old PCI-X Broadcom card I have laying around here since forever ago. I might have said it with the intention of making a local friend for the first time in my life, too. God, I'm so fucking lonely.

At least NIC's are pretty cheap. Get a nice Intel I350 if you have the $$$.

I got some TP-LINK TG-3269 for 14€ because chep and 24h home delivery

I'm running with a fucking card made for windows NT ONLY in 1996 with some weird ruskie modified drivers right now and my latency is still 2ms in speed test and still 30 in games so literally the same as before, the downside is this fucking card unable to go over 7mb/s

I don't live near you anyways, Navacerrada, the storm was so motherfucking stronk here that my headphones started buzzing even when the lights was out

>Navacerrada
Comfy af
The narrow gauge Cercanías line is quite neato. Makes it feel like a Swiss town.

>Not using proper surge protection

You asked for this.

>headphones started buzzing even when the lights was out
I'll take the chance to ask this to Sup Forums:

Is it considerably dangerous to wear headphones during a thunderstorm? Considering they're indirectly connected to power cables.

Surge protection is cheap user, and unplugging your electronics from sockets are easy to do when you know a storms a brewing.

Just rma what you can, and invest in a surge protector. Lesson learned.

Literally nothing can stop a lightning strike once it hits. The ONLY effective solution is preventing the lightning from striking in the first place.
No amount of "surge protector" can stop a lightning strike.

I believe an online UPS will stop it at the cost of its life.

Wasn't there something about tying an overhand knot in your power cord which would cause the voltage to induce a strong magnetic field in the cord during a strike and blow the cord apart.