Cloud gaming

This is the future, freetards. We will defeat video game piracy. With cloud gaming tech you get is a stream of vertices and some textures on your computer. All the logic, all the engine lies on our server and you will never be able to access it, you will have to actually do shit yourself if you want to get the game, but you won't because you're a WORTHLESS NEET who feeds off other's hard work.

>inb4 mods
You can still do mods by editing textures and sending mod data through public API before startup.

Oh, an btw, I came up with this idea myself, but then found out that people smarter than me are already doing this and got very excited.

What's your move, piratecucks? All your neetbux are belong to us.

>only feminist approved mods
>you will pay use monthly for the games because we need to maintain servers
>you will pay increasingly because we hold you by the balls and can fluctuate costs all we want
>you will shut your trap when the service fails and you can't game due to more circumstances than there would be playing from home
>it will cost more in the long term than hoarding HDD's at home and using them as a STEAM backup
Yeah no.
Keep your console gaming inventions to yourself.
The PC community doesn't want to contract your anti-consumer AIDS.

I buy all of my software because there is something called respect.

>trying to trick PC gamers into the monthly subscription scam along with the pay-for-multiplayer scam like console plebs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, no.

>all these non-arguments
Can't start your own company, right? Why is that? Are you by chance a talentless neet who can't make anything but a fizzbuzz? What is commercial alternative? What is competition? What is capitalism?

Also, it works on every platform, including your PC and your gameboy or whatever you have.

This. I respect people like that. You're probably an actual programmer who knows how much work gets put into the programs.

Just like we tricked you into pre-orders, faggot.

4-6mbs that's racist against Australians!

This is for 1st world countries only.

3rd world shitholes won't get free entertainment anymore.

>Just like we tricked you into pre-orders, faggot.
You didn't though. I don't do that shit.
I can just buy the figurines and crap that comes with the pre-order from Amazon.

Company shills need to fucking get out.
I know this place is a NEET gathering but what the fuck.
Onlive called: they want you to learn dumbass.

Also, now that I think of it, we got literally every ISP on our side on this, and they have a lot of power in the world. We got powerful allies, you got your dick in your hand.

You're the minority. Congratulations.

> be actual programmer
> get called a shill
Nice projection here going on, consumer. I'm all for supply-side economics.

Hacking cloud gaming services will be such a fucking glorious trolling goldmine.
All those dumbfuck gamers who opted for relying on the Internet to play games, even single-player ones, instead of having their own computers.
Glorious.

Are you LARPing or this is some sort of copypasta?

SAGE

> What is cloud computing
> What is 1000x times higher available computing power and everything that comes with it
> What is cross-platform
> security done by actual professionals vs 400lbs Sup Forums haxx43erz eating their tendies and making a new 1377 Python script

Spotify helped reduce music piracy, the same will happen with Cloud Gaming.

With Cloud Gaming we will have localized prices (so you can charge poor slavs and latin countries prices they can actually pay for), also you will no longer have to sell overpriced gaming PC parts or consoles.

This is not the same thing. You can still pirate the actual contents from Spotify.

Cloud gaming is not something to REDUCE the piracy, it's to ELIMINATE it. You get 0 engine code.

>what is cloud computing
Paying monthly, which nobody wants to do these days except a small small niche of people.
>security done by
Retards. Bigger retards than the NSA and even the NSA gets buttfucked by hackers.

Also, localized prices are a thing in Steam, but fucking Russians still pirate it. With game streaming they will have zero choice. ZERO.

Fucking worthless cunts will pay for communism like they should

Nobody will care when they will show you the demos of real-time ray tracing and physics done for every fucking hair.

Just imagine what game can you run with 10000s of Xeon cores instead of your shitty thing you call a computer.

It's a good idea now that Internet speed as increased, but I still don't think it's not gonna be as good as real game on a local machine for the fact of the user input lag. let's says it take 20ms to contact the server with an input and 20ms for the server to answer with the new state of the game, you gonna feel always 40ms too late. It's not too bad but just know that the input feel is connected to the latency of your server.

Also we will be finally able to have actual fluid physics and realistic, blender-like representation of them. What takes hours to render on your shitty home box will be provided in real-time in dedicated cloud servers.

Tell me what are you smoking

Do you know that you will not be the only one using this server?

if you have 1000 core and 1000 user, you end up with 1 core per user.

Yeah, latency is a problem, but hey, there are millions of people enjoying MMORPGs everyday and they don't complain.

The power of centralized, distributed computing. Do you know what fluid physics is?

The thing is that in an MMORPG the servers don't do as much work as your "cloud gaming" is going to do.

>wanting ultra high latency gaymen sessions
>requiring constant internet connection for gaymen
>can't live out in the boonies and enjoy entertainment because of pisspoor internet connection

this is a terrible idea that has been tried and failed constantly for roughly a decade now.

>720p gaming
Are you high? PS4 and XBO are competing for 4K gaming currently.

No one's going back to fucking 720p.

Do you know that not all players will be playing at the same type? Do you know that it's cheaper to buy anything in large quantities? Do you know that companies are much more competent at choosing the right hardware and tools for the job? Do you know the effort and hard work spent in developing complicated scheduling algorithms used by you everyday without realising in whatever OS you use?
The thing is the only thing that is a drastic change is the badwidth. Nothing else matters.

The hardware is advancing. The luddites probably thought industry was tried over and over and it will never happen because machines cost too much.

>implying all those resources will be put into producing one gameplay session
>implying those resources wont end up being divided amongst such a large crowd that it'll need to reduce performance just for 60fps at 100ms latencies
lmao you're trying so hard, at first i thought it was just another trollpost, but now i see you're not only shitposting but actually believe in this retardation.
kys yourself to sleep tonight

I didn't even look at the picture, it's a placeholder.

The real thing should be vector graphics, and it actually IS vector graphics. Lookup what OpenGL and DirectX is, all they send are triangle vertices with associated indexes and color/texture/stencil other data, but it's all scalable.

1. MMORPGs typically have client side engines you stupid fuck
2. MMORPGs are a very small gaming and are in no way comparable to an FPS

>this entire thread

Good job falling for OP's bait, everyone.
Fuck I hate what Sup Forums has become nowadays

Refer to

Do you know to always think in worst case scenario, and that one is that all your user are on your platform at the same time playing games.

More bandwidth are not gonna solve your problem is your server is slowing down because of the load.

>hurr durr muh hardware can break fundamental laws of physics!
speed of light can only travel so fast retard. you'll always have latency.

not everyone is a braindead numbnut like you, majority of people can easily tell the difference between 5ms host latency compared to 20ms lan latency, and definitely the 80ms server latency (and that's at best provided the server is near you)

i'd love to be able to play games without having to upgrade my hardware every year.
but the tradeoffs aren't worth it at all. it's a dumb idea for a niche crowd that will never grow, hence the constant failed attempts.

>MMORPGs typically have clent-side engine
They all have engine you fucking retard, you don't have a clue what you're talking. That's why there are illegal private servers around.

Cloud gaming changes everything, it eliminates client-end engine in exchange for bandwidth, which is the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Yes, and sometimes banks DO go bankrupt. But guess what, the world lives on.

So user when are you gonna build that awesome system or are gonna keep shilling for the ends of days?

>They all have engine you fucking retard, you don't have a clue what you're talking. That's why there are illegal private servers around.
>Cloud gaming changes everything, it eliminates client-end engine in exchange for bandwidth, which is the biggest hurdle to overcome.
What the fuck are you taking about? Someone said the latency would be shit, and a brain dead fucking moron, presumably you, said it doesn't matter since people already enjoy MMORPGs. But MMORPGs currently have the same latency as any other online game, since they have a local engine. Cloud gaming means not only is there latency for network communications, there's atleast 40ms of latency just to talk to the engine. You stupid piece of shit.

I don't have enough money yet. I'm making a normal game for now, but when I will have enough to set aside I will definitely try out the already existing technologies

This is a new area of industry, sometime it will be ready to boom, like VR. It's gonna be exciting creating actual new technologies and not just glueing together libraries.

You sound like me when I was 12. You need to be 18 to post here kiddo.

>720p

You seem to be obsessed with bandwidth, when latency is the problem.

Please stop talking about bandwidth. Bandwidth isn't much of a perform anymore. However, latency is not something that can be solved. How do you propose to work around the problem where every time you press a key, that has to be communicated to the server, before the server can send you a response back?
That's in a market where 144hz monitors with 1ms g2g response times are common. The delay between moving your mouse, or pressing your keyboard, and seeing the change on-screen is on the order of 5ms. Even a very, very good connection, to a server close by, generally has latency on the order of 20-50ms - an order of magnitude greater.

Quit typing like you know shit, fucking consumer.

What an argument!!!

Here's a quick rundown on why you're retarded

>Average ping to a game server in the US and Canada is roughly 50-100ms, for the average player
>latency on the way to server to send commands
>latency back
>200ms total latency
There's your first hurdle. For most games, 200ms latency is well into unplayable levels.

>hosting literally millions of VMs at once, all synced to one program
That's a multi-million dollar investment, and out of reach for anyone who isn't EA or ActiBlizz. This might be news to the corporate shills here, but the triple-A call of reboot crowd is a minority in the PC market. Most of their sales are console. How do you plan to bring multimillion dollar servers online for every game ever published?

>Nobody wants it, and most publishers agree
The industry is scared of being the next EA and producing the next Spore. Always-online DRM is dying, and you think cloud-booting games will be any more popular?

Nobody will care if EA releases some FIFA shovelware to the cloud. The vast majority of PC games, both by number and playerbase, are made by smaller devs who shun this sort of kikery.

Finally, your biggest hurdle.
>Valve
Without Valve onboard, your plan is fucked. And Valve is not onboard.

720p what do you need 480p for here's your 360p.

this.

I want to fuck that autist

Don't talk about mom like that

I play video GAMES, not interactive movies.
The PC to me is all about gameplay and gameplay mechanics primarily, and graphics in the last place.
Only consolefags care about graphics because their consoles haven't evolved their controllers for 2 gens now and their games are stuck in a comatose state of copy pasting shit, while PC advances genres and invents new things constantly.

You are a pathetic consolefag.

Okay, I realize I was in the wrong here, I got too excited. I will remove myself from this conversation now.

At least now I know something new.

Latency, not the bandwidth, is the main problem.

bye

Anyone thats actually tried cloud gaming will agree, its shit.

>eating up bandwidth to play single player games

Get fucked kike

yeah they will let me use 10000s of xeon cores for a fee of just $10/month, right? not like they have to pay for the hardware at their side or anything.

Also, patch and play even streaming game contents is way more practical than any of this. Just look at the reliability of home internet ffs.

>Do you know that not all players will be playing at the same type?

in the evening hours there is peak usage while in the night there's almost none.
This means pre-rendering the contents will make more sense and then accessing the pre-rendered raytraces or whatever.
The access can be done by the home computer. It's fed by the cloud.

>Do you know that companies are much more competent at choosing the right hardware and tools for the job?

there's consoles for this reason. The companies chose the right hardware and tools for you. In the end though, the data needs to be processed somewhere - and there's no real benefit in doing it away from the input/output loop.

Low quality bait. Internet streamed games wouldn't work for anything of vaguely decent texture detail even if bandwidth wasn't an issue.

they wouldn't be real games anymore. It would work for "games" such as "press X to pay respects". It's not like you really interact with a game like that, anyway.

>more retarded PC gamers regard graphics as the most important trait of PC gaming
>the more intelligent ones recognize the existence of the keyboard as the primary device making PC gaming great, because it allows unlimited, responsive, and complex gameplay design, down to combining different genres together as hybridization

>console manufacturers stop the only tradition that made console gaming great: increasing the input quantity in controllers with each generation without losing comfort
>console games are all of a sudden unable to evolve and keep advancing, relegated to being copy pastes of games everyone already played

>the only remaining road for consoles now is graphical advancement (adopting the elitism of more retarded PC fags), while the console church proclaims the stagnated controller format as the "perfect" and "final" standard, even though it is castrating consoles
>console manufacturers suddenly proclaim graphics as the most important video game trait, the "video" part being more important than the "game" part
>in the process, cancerous shit such as bullet-time, quick-time, 60 minute cutscenes, auto-aim, scripted "game playing the game for you" segments, are justified
>consoles are not video game consoles anymore, but interactive movie players
>this is apparent in the PS4/Xbox One newspress when the consoles were pronounced: All focus on graphics, no mention of gameplay.

>console manufacturers take the next step in destroying video gaming and creating "Interactive Movies" as the interactive extension of Hollywood: Cloud Gaming

>enter OP: The cancer killing gaming, and only glorifying the video part.

they could also release these types of games as a BluRay disc though. use the Disc Menu interface for the game - "selection" decides what movie to play next

I never Pirate but I'd never play a game in this way. Neither would most people I know. Also your server costs are going to be huge. Your business model is fucked.

But as the consumer, I do know shit.

Capitalism, the free market, is a desert that kills bad ideas without mercy. Good luck.