pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Never ever coming back)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEGEghPcd5X2gGVwmw
aliexpress.com/store/product/thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-blank-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791492533.html
youtube.com/watch?v=J1MrkIFgY10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hi kids join this telegram chat for suprememe shitposting

t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEGEghPcd5X2gGVwmw

your friendly reminder to lift your wrists

Daily reminder not to fall for the colemak meme

The one on the right. If mechanical keyboards are desk fedoras, blank caps are the trenchcoat and miami the katana

reminder that different parts of your body are shaped differently

Is the Rantopad MXX with gateron blacks are any good?

reminder that the spacebar is allowed to be angled toward you

reminder that this tripfag uses DSA profile

Why so triggered? It's just a space bar. You two are worse then the autist who hates PBT keycaps

looks good for the price

How good is the plum compared to real topres?

Pretty good if you can't afford genuine topre.

That's what I was thinking too, debating on grabbing it and canceling my magicforce massdrop order since it'll be August before it gets to me

>assdrop memeforce with 3-month wait
>when you can get one off amazon for around the same price and have it tomorrow

y tho

Was thinking about getting a mechanical keyboard, the Ducky One is typically good right?

Is possible disassembly this switch without desoldering? Someone know a tutorial about how do it?

if its plate mount then yes, if its pcb mount, then no

You got the order mixed up senpai.

Yeah it's a load of shit, I'll cancel my order tomorrow and grab the Amazon one fuck waiting that long

Who knows with MX clone switches. Some can be unclipped from above even if they're plate mounted.

Hello everyone, how are you doing?

>tfw shitty desk has reinforcement bars underneath that force me to sit way too low
>natural rest point for elbows is below desktop
>have to splay my arms out to an absurd degree to even get them on the desktop
>wrists bent outwards at about a 45 degree angle to compensate for elbow position
>basically impossible to float my forearms like you're supposed to
>wrists hurt like hell using the computer for longer than half an hour
>flipping the spacebar is my one comfort in this unergonomic hell

What's the closest I can get to the Model M without the incredible noise?

these are what I have now. Waiting on a Ducky One Grey & Blue w/ mx browns. The Model M keycaps I dyed myself. I used RIT and it sucked so I stopped half-way through and I'm waiting on some better dye in the mail now that will be really strong colors. Gonna do the brown, yellow, red, orange 70's theme.

>Tfw still no fancy for my Realforce 87u

Maybe I should've gone for the Novatouch, but still love my 87u. I just want Miami keycaps

>FN FAL
>Funco button
Is this /ak/?

I swear those arrow keys are in the wrong positions

enjoy your tennis elbow

No.

just get a wrist rest so you don't have to flip anything and angle your hand awkwardly

you're doing it wrong fucktard. see . that's not how the thumb is angled when the wrist is straight.

they're probably meant to replace WASD

also who the fuck curls their thumb to hit the spacebar and claims it's more ergonomic. keep your thumb straight and relaxed.

reminder that this tripfag uses DSA profile

the spacebar angle is obviously less of a problem with DSA profile. with cherry/OEM profile the bottom row is angled away from you quite severely because it's sculpted for your fingers not for your thumbs.

notice how the bottom row is angled. it's more ergonomic.

>thumb straight
>relaxed
No.

in the thumb is more curled than relaxed/neutral

the few sperglords who whine about flipped spacebars are very toxic and intellectually dishonest. "stop liking what i don't like". the tripfag is straight up a hypocrite because he uses DSA profile which has a milder spacebar angle but he says people with cherry/OEM profile are wrong for setting their spacebar to a milder angle.

Not that curled if you look from above. Also this is my relaxed position.

>intellectually dishonest
says the guy who doesn't understand ergonomics

Come at me

Fix it.

says the guy who thinks he understands ergonomics better than microsoft

>swapped alt and super
:(

good taste

not flipping your spacebar is like having well-done steak with ketchup

Is arguing about flipped spacebars this week's meme?

Has anyone here bought the Input Club K-Type that is on Massdrop right now? I just don't understand who it's for, hot swappable switches and nice alumnium construction would make it seem like an enthusiast board, but it also has the rgb lighting for the gamer crowd. The new Kailhua produced switches seem interesting, but I doubt they will be similar to Topre like claimed.

It's a board that's supposed to please everyone, obviously.

if it had a different layout like 65%/75%/90% i could sort of see the appeal but TKL is just dead to me

>Microsoft
>understands anything
Just like when they made the metro UI.

nicely meme'd. it's widely recognized that microsoft make some of the best input devices.

Microsoft hardware division are probably the best in the business

Oh yeah just like that totally not "magic mouse" mouse, or those designer hipster keyboards. If you want to talk about ergonomics then look atactual ergonomic keyboards like kinesis, maltron, ergodox, etc.

>kinesis, maltron
Ah yes, keyboards with the thumb buttons angled towards the user.

>magic mouse
what did he mean by this?

>kinesis, maltron, ergodox
LOL

Too bad they discontinued that product line because they think it was a good idea.

They aren't, and they use dsa profile for some of their keys. The keys are angled to be hit from the left side due to the position where you rest your palms

the thumb keys are angled very differently than the bottom row finger keys, more like . anyway, those keyboards aren't as relevant when talking about flipping the spacebar on a normal keyboard.

>They aren't
Motherfucker I have used a kinesis, I know the thumb buttons are angled both towards the user and their hands.

I am having problems with my keyboards where a couple of keys are sticking. I haven't spilled any fluids onto the keyboard or anything unlike that so I am unsure as to what the cause is but is there a way to fix the keys that have begun to stick?

Try remove keycaps and see if they still sticking.

Seems like they are still sticking.

DSA or XDA, /mkg/? I can't decide...

cherry

Both are shit to type on. Cherry or Oem.

cherry with flipped spacebar

ye or nah?

Better picture.
>GMK Doubleshot ABS
>Cherry Profile

>ABS
>colors which clash against everything in your room

>ABS
wasted money

Seem you need some lube.

>not flipping your spacebar vertically
>not flipping your spacebar horizontally
>not flipping your spacebar upside down
>not flipping your spacebar inside out
>not flipping your spacebar into non-euclidean space form

But I don't own any dildos.

>cherry
>cherry
Can't stand them! They hurt my fingers, after hours of use, because of all the sharp corners. They're also impossible to use with thumbs (I like to alt/ctrl + tab/v/c/x/etc with one hand).

Basically, I'll either switch to some more comfy profile or I'll just sell my mkb and go back to chicklet-style. mkb is just not comfy after 3-4hrs of use.

cherry, abs... why? what do you gain other than color?

you might as well buy white ones and just boil them in dye of your choice for 20 minutes and save $100+.

You guys realize it is doubleshot ABS and that nearly puts it into PBT quality without the grainy feel PBT gives, right? I didn't realize this general was this dumb.

it's not about feel but about wear

>doubleshot ABS and that nearly puts it into PBT quality without the grainy feel PBT gives, right
ABS gets shiny after use. doesn't matter whether it's double-shot or not. that just means you'll lose your money quick since no one will want to buy your 4+month old used keycaps.

That is what I meant. Doubleshot abs will last way longer then some chink abs.

it's still ABS. it's not as resistant to the oils and acids from your fingers. the texture gets worn down pretty quickly.

Kinda new to these keycaps things. I know pbt is the best material, but alot of ppl say that it also depends on comapny.

So is it.

EnjoyPBT > Vortex > Ducky > Tai-hao >NPKC

>They're also impossible to use with thumbs
that's why you flip the spacebar and maybe other bottom row keys you want to use with your thumb. if you press v/c/x with your thumb you should just learn to use your fingers instead since they're very close to the home row and the cherry profile makes it comfy to press them with your fingers

Also:
Gateron > Cherry > All the other shit?

it's mainly the thickness that matters

So which company makes the thicc... thickest

>that's why you flip the spacebar and maybe other bottom row keys you want to use with your thumb. if you press v/c/x with your thumb you should just learn to use your fingers instead since they're very close to the home row and the cherry profile makes it comfy to press them with your fingers
I've flipped OEM spacebar. Still not ideal but way better than in original configuration. I've flipped all other keys (except super keys) in the bottom row as well. Better, but no ideal.

I've been pressing ctrl with a pinky. Feels weird since I used thumb all my life. Alt is more challenging since I don't know which finger to use so I just use whichever.

I still fucking hate cherry/OEM because of sharp corners on all other keys.

That's why I want to try DSA/XDA. Are they comfier? Would they help in my situation? I'd like an opinion from someone who uses it daily.

1.5mm is about as thick you'll get for cherry mount keycaps. other than the thickness it's mostly about the aesthetics and the price and such. enjoypbt is good if you can afford them. then there are cheaper ones like this which are good too:

aliexpress.com/store/product/thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-blank-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791492533.html

Then get g20 profile instead of you like chiclet style keys

If you want something on the cheap side get a Ducky One with thicc dye-sub PBT keycaps. There are better options out there like gateron cherry profile, but those would be another 50 bucks on top of your keyboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=J1MrkIFgY10
I feel embarassed to own a WASD now more than before

not familiar with that profile. only seen it in pictures. any good reviews of it?

Basically if you like flat keys you'll enjoy it, if you don't then you'll hate it. Its made from PBT so at least its smooth to the touch. I prefer hi-pro keys so g20 is not for me

OK. Is SA the only ones who make G20? Possible to buy it somewhere for less?

>hi-pro keys
Looks a lot like Cherry.

>SA
meant to say SP.

Cherry is middle profile. High profile would be SA, topre hi-pro, and maxkey SA. And yes g20 is a new profile so SP is the only one that makes them

It's a miracle he can speak so well with a cock in his mouth.

kek'd. that guy is pure autism. dumb too for putting himself on camera when he's so fucked up.

can you tell me the appeal of high profiles? to make it feel like a typewriter?

PBT's grainy feel is one of the good things about it, though?