The Xperia XZ Premium is /our/ phone

Alright you plebs listen up
> Android 7.1.1
> 4K LCD screen (no crippling burn-ins)
> NFC
> Bluetooth 5.0
> USB C

Are you ready to pre-order this phone now?

> Snapdragon 835

have an xz. battery life is insane. gonna get a keyone next, but im interested when sony will update the xzs/compact with the new camera and sd835.

Why would I want 4k on a phone? I'm not going to be using it with a microscope, so >160ppi is more than enough for me. Anything more than that is just a battery hog, and before you claim that it's great.. It would have been even greater, faggot.

Android 7.1.1
>711
>poo in loo edition

>4k resolution
>3230 mAh

JUST

4k is used only on 4k content
default is 1080

> Stereo front facing speakers
> Fast charging

alrighty kike, where's the dollar signs?

>xz
>battery life is insane

the fuck are you talking about they've been downhill ever since the z3c, the battery onthese phones is anemic as fuck. Goddamn aids riddled steve jobs had more energy on his deathbed than these sony phones do on a full charge.

>Android
>SnapDragon chipset
>late updates
>lag

Just get an iPhone. It looks better, runs better, and is faster.

I have an x compact now. I've owned a z3c and z5c. The x compact's battery life is as good as the z3c.

Looks like some shitty knockoff burner phone from before 2010

I'm a dumbass sonygger so I'll buy it anyways though if the note 8 comes with 4k I'll probably trade for that

I really, really am thinking about buying this phone, but no fingerprint reader is such a big downside.

>4k
for what purpose?

I'm on 7.1.2 on my 3-year-old phone.

If the battery was removable I would buy it right now.

Sadly, this is just another swing and a miss.

>those bezels

nah

>go to phone store
>look at Sony phones
>X
>XZ
>XA
>X Premium
>X Compact
>XZ Premium
>X Large
>XA Mini
>X (again)

I bought the Sony Xperia Z2 once.

ONCE.

They boasted 23MP camera and shit but the default setting is 8MP and the dedicated camera button was hardcoded to 8MP

bullshit i tell you. They probably rootkitted that phone like they do with their music CD albums aswell fuck Sony

wanna know how i know youre an idiot?

>4K
Gay shit

>NFC
Never had to use this, nobody uses this. One kid hid a tag under his watch that unlocked his phone when he tapped the phone on the watch. That kid had assburgers.

>hey guyz I use my phone for nothing

>our phones
>with those disgustingly huge bezels
Yeah no thanks.

is it waterproof? my xperia z fell into a bucket of water and thats what saved it.

wow you dont even get phone calls..

I had to get rid of my Z3V because it stopped working and was shocked how much slower NFC is on the S7. Sony really has their shit figured out when it comes to NFC.

i thought Sup Forums thought 4k on a phone is a meme

The camera on my Z5 is amazing. It's a struggle to take a bad photo with it.

>ugly as sin
>no blue bubbles
>useless 4K tiny screen
truly the embodiment of the Sup Forums spirit

Please, no bully.

>3230 mAh
They're not even trying

you put that shit into your body? fucking burgers are nasty human

fuck you
now im hungry

>idle
>standby

Ah yes, "full load usage/powerusers"

My shitty LG g2 mini gave same results 2 years ago when it was new
My wife's mememi redmi 3s has 4050mah battery and it is a fucking budget phone

>4K
>LCD
>Not AMOLED

what's nfc good for?

Sony is totally trash tier when it comes to phones.

post sot faggot

>this fucking moron still thinks burn-in happens on Amoled

I'll buy it from my corner store for €100 same time next year.

ready for the battery life to be shit?

Good phone I'm glad that someone posted this on here. Definitely will buy all the Sony now.

No removable battery and inevitably shitty camera on AOSP
lmgtfy

>The camera on my Z5 is amazing

Fucking kek
It's a piece of shit, I would know, because I own one. It's only good in perfect light, and even then it's pretty terrible. Granted, most of the time I'm on superior auto, I've gotten better results in manual.

So let me ask you, what settings did you take that picture with?

I have a Z4.

I love it outside the terrible battery life (Thanks SD810!).

I get an upgrade in two weeks, and was considering the ZXP, but I am tired of softbanks outrageous pricing and OS update delays.

Can I get the ZXP for a simfree carrier?

Galaxy S8 already has all those and more though

Yes you can get the XZ Premium sim free on the
sony website

Galaxy S8 gets burn-ins and the software on it slows it down. It comes with multiple apps that do the same purpose. It also has the Bixby button. I don't see the point in using Bixby if Google Assistant is already on the phone.

The Japanese site?

I can't seem to find it, but I am on mobile.

Maybe Japan isn't getting it? I also just checked the website and can't find it. Strange.

>offers nothing over the hyped s8
>bigger and with smaller screen
>cost nearly the same

who would ever buy this phone?

but does it have a camera at least twice as good as the one in my LG G4? if not - no way, sir

>curved bezel
Fucking stupid bullshit, who the fuck is the idiot that propagated this shit? It's a huge design flaw, you can't find a reliable glass screen protector which is the /sole/ option, conversely you can get some afro-engineered bullshit or a half ass plastic screen protector that will be effectively ruined in a week. They did the same thing with the XC which is just fucking stupid because it basically mandates the use of a case which mitigates the whole purpose of a small form factor phone.

Those bezels

>4k phone
dropped

Except you don't really need a screen protector for modern phones unless you treat them like dogshit

I've used my Z5 without a screen protector since the day I got it and the screen is perfectly fine, only minor scratches, and I've had it since release.

>LCD
>not IPS

>resolution higher than I need a phone to be
>not OLED
>have to replace all my phone chargers or carry a B>C adapter
>Android

Thanks but no thanks.

>Sony

Kek, no. Not only their phones are expensive as fuck, their relative performance is poorer than their competitors. Only badge whores buy Sony these days.

>4k on a phone

Have a downvoat

no root, no buy

>Just get an iPhone.
SDcard?

>this fucking moron still thinks burn-in happens on Amoled
But it does.

I think they only release flagships through carriers in Japan.

Shit sucks.

>runs better
Plain wrong since kitkat. Android is snappier than iOS.

How many dollarydoos?

You very well know that means nothing without SoT

Waiting for OP5 because software > hardware.

YOU DONT NEED MORE THAN 720p
ON A PHONE RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
THIS SHIT ONLY JEWS YOUR BATTERY LIFE

X is a cool letter

Its because the X and X Performance were a sales flop compared to the Z series. (Mostly the Z3 and before. The Z5 was a flop too.)

So they needed to reboot with a 'premium' phone that wasn't a race to the bottom in terms of build quality and materials. Hence the new XZ line.

Should have named it Xperia Y. Because Y the fuck would you need 4k in a phone.

im kinda a poorfag, anyway, i made a mistake of trusting Sony once, i bought "8gb" phone thinking i will get 8gb of space, but nope after all the updates i get "2gb" of usable space, but then i though ok, but android 6 enables me to use sd card as phone space, NOPE SONY DELIBEDRLY DISABLED THIS, NEVER TRUST A FUCKING JAP FUCK, FUCK SONY SRSLY, I BETTER BUY SHITTY FAKE CHINK PHONES, THEN EVER TRUST A FUCKING JAP FUCK

>4k on a phone
Enjoy your 2 hour battery life.

I use android pay though....

Vr

Upgraded to a XZ from a Z3C a couple weeks back and I'd rate the battery life as good as, if not better than the Z3C.

Really cannot see the need for 4k on a phone other than bragging rights/proof it can be done. Just kinda seems like a gimmick to me.

The X phones have always been ours

It's the only phone with decently small screen size and no muh thin meme

That's more than most flagships tard

And more than enough to boot

The only pro I see listed is Bluetooth 5, and that's not enough for me to switch phones.

Feel free to leave Sup Forums forever

>IPS
>not LCD

Just bought a nokia 150. Idgaf about your botnet pos

who cares, I'm not a gamer faggot and I have a gf

I'm not ordering one because I already have Z5 Premium. It also has a 4K screen and has had it for years. Also I think they reduced the battery again like they seem to do on every generation. The Z5 Premium was the only one with more mAh than my old Z2.

Fucking get on with the >5000 mAh batteries already, Sony. Nobody wants their battery capacity to start with 2 and even 3k is not enough.

>5000 mAh
This. It's 2017, why aren't you carrying around a hand grenade in your pocket goy

Nah. There seems to be diminishing returns in regards to battery life when it comes to resolution. 1440p displays now get good battery life.

It does have 900fps slow mode video recording which is pretty dank af.

The XZ lasts longer than Z3