Fell for the Thinkpad meme

>fell for the Thinkpad meme
>bought an X220 (Sandybridge era)
>can't even play Supreme Commander on high settings without melting

Are there any games that I can play at all on this?

Gayming on larptop
No

>high settings
Stop being a faggot. I play minecraft on my x120e.

Sebarete gaymws kamoudor

literally how. It runs like shit on mine.

Dwarf fortress, NES/SNES emulators, AOE2, CIV5, etc.
There's tons of games you can play.

>gaming

how the fuck do you have time for that

I don't think you actually like technology or you'd be sucked into its amazing fucking beauty all the time. For fucks sake my dude. Grow your fuck up!!! Gaming is for the children and do I look like I child to you? Of course I am, on the inside, but I express this in exploration of the technology, not of gaming. Gaming is waste of everyone's time, except VR game, I spend hours in VR game its great. Anyways point is fuck you you fucking custy fucker

>buying a laptop for gaymes
You're a retard and thinkpad prices are increasing because of fags like you.

kys
>thinkpad/any laptop
>gaming
Pick only one

>Fell for the thinkpad meme
>Bought a used t430 (without the nvidia graphics, so only intergrated)
>Can play games like Dirt3 on low/medium, team fortress 2 on medium/high, minecraft on medium, rocket league on medium, spintires on low, skyrim on low (Proper playable, like 40 fps without any shitty performance mods).

True story literally a few weeks ago, and all this for 160€
Also
>tfw I can expresscard gpu

>laptop
>graphics intensive gayming

>hey check out this huge 17 inch machine i carry around with me like an autist man-child wanna see my LARPing outfit and my anime girl figurine set

Wrost bait

This is probably bait or you are idiot for buying laptop so you could play game on high settings.

play openttd and listent o funky jazz tunes while you build rail networks

>fell for thinkpad meme
>bought a T430
>play overwatch on low (at 30+ fps)
feels good OP

>x220
>hot
Nigger what the fuck.
If the x200 has anything going for it it's the top notch cooling. I've compiled Gentoo on it for around 17 hours straight and not a single fucking time did it go over 75°C and never fucking once did it not run at its 3.2GHz dual core turbo.
I've run Prime95 on it for an hour and never did it go over 80°C.

Clean your fans and reapply the paste.

s/x200/x220/g

>ExpressCard eGPU
nah, i choose both.

>tfw this is my battlestation

Bought an i7 3612qm though.

>1985: "gaming is a waste of time and for children, unless it's games with color graphics"
>1995: "gaming is a waste of time and for children, unless it's 3D games that come on CD"
>2005: "gaming is a waste of time and for children, unless it's MMO games"
>1985: "gaming is a waste of time and for children, unless it's VR games"

*last one should be 2015 rather than 1985, obviously

This this this

stronghold crusader ?

enjoy the bottleneck familia ;+)

ive tried to game on the x220, but it doesnt like some titles i've thrown at it through PCSX2 no matter how much i dick with settings

so i just use it to browse the web, watch videos, and video editing/graphic design on the go

>1366x768
>video editing/graphic design
>not 16:10 god-tier 1920x1200 IPS

i know

NES/SNES Emulator ...

NO

All old console emulated games

I play a nintendo wii emulator on my x220t, runs perfectly.

I've played Warcraft II, Undertale, Garry's Mod, CS:GO, a few VNs, OpenTTD, Minecraft and a bunch of other shit on mine.

How's Garry's mod? Did you use any performance tweaks of source engine. What settings? What fps?

I run it on pretty low settings. Medium textures I think. No performance tweaks. I don't check FPS but its good enough for me when I'm away from my desktop.

I think you mean you fell for the x220 keyboard meme. The x230 is what you wanted

Shoulda bought a Lenovo Legion

Don't be a pussy and put a external GPU on it

Do any of the newer thinkpads have an extra PCIe? I have to pull out my T510's wifi adaptor if I want to eGPU.

Thinkpads aren't for gaming, they're for hacking elections and shit.

That's not a gaming laptop, it's a work laptop.
You fell for the wrong meme, idiot. Go back to Sup Forums and fall for their memes.

>he uses his Thinkpad for gaming

/Thread, buy a desktop or a console

kys, Sup Forums-tard.

You bought a shitpost machine, which you seem to be using correctly.

thinkpad sucks, even browsing the internet is slow on a thinkpad

i sold mine and bought an ASUS laptop with actual decent specs

i wont fall for shitty memes again

>bought a T430 with nvidia
>play overwatch on low
>93C
>replace thermal paste
>91C
>50% internal resolution
>88C
At least temperature is a bit lower

>playing overshit on anything
>2017 until the end of time

hue

i thank the LORD that i'm not addicted to fucking videogames anymore.

so much more free time now, i feel good

now to kill my movie and tv addiction, and i can finally put my free time to better use

>bought a W520
>85C CPU in GTA5
>80C nvidia GPU

>tfw addicted to reading tons of bullshit on the irnternet

>and then user discovers there is nothing to fill that void again and kills himself

yes just give up, we'll find something new to sell you goy, how about some drugs?

THIS SO FUCKING MUCH
OpenTTD is god tier.

Get addicted to kna-ledge! Become a hacker man!

Laptop is perfect with liquid metal. 30C drop guaranteed.

get a xiaomi mi book 13.3

£550 on gearbest for 256gb nvme 8gb ram and dual gpu nvidia 940mx

>fell for the Thinkpad meme
>bought an X230
>regularly play Spelunky, P99, emulated PS1 games, various XSEED games like Trails in the Sky and Ys, and RCT with absolutely no problems

Really made me think.

but this looks like locomotion

Can you emulate ps2?
pls respond

>bought a thinkpad to play fucking games on it
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never tried.

Doubt it though.

>PCSX2
Are you retarded? All emulation, even in HW mode is way more demanding on the CPU than GPU.

They're office laptops. Good specs but no graphics. Did you not read around before you bought one?

Motocross Madness 2, damn

>thinkpad sucks, even browsing the internet is slow on a thinkpad
I can browse the internet on my 500mhz A20m running Windows 98, only issue is stuff like Flash and Youtube is broken.

Can't you swap over to the mini pcie

>didnt check the specs
>you deserve it

>how the fuck do you have time for that
It's called basic time management my man.

>10AM: Wake up, breakfast/shower
>11AM: Work on classwork for an hour or two
>1PM: Play some games/play with projects
>3PM: Start work
>12PM: Leave work
>12:20: Do some reading, housework to wind down
>2AM: Sleep

I emulate games on my T420, but a lot of indie stuff works fine, and even some games like GRID Autosport works like a charm. I mostly play F1 Challenge full with mods during breaks.

>10am-11am to shower and eat

Nigga I wake up at 6am for work and I shower and eat and leave my house by 6:40 and I get to BART at 6:50 to get to SF which takes an hour and so I arrive at the office by 7:55 and I start at 8:00

Games like this are fun at first, but them they get very overwhelming because I want to micro manage everything, and eventually just give up. Same thing happened with Factorio.

If you bought a Thinkpad to play any sort of high end game you're most likely uneducated. An i5 t420 has about the same CPU power as a Q6600. Intel is shit at making integrated video cards and this is a known fact. Thinkpads are for work and specifically are desktop replacements. They're reliable, durable, and easy to work on; they're not for games. Anyone who says thinkpads are shit completely miss the point of them.
>not being able to afford a Thinkpad, high end desktop, and Apple computer

>Dorfs
Maybe under 100 dorfs, but that game can get intensive

But when's your daily haircut?

This isn't a pissing contest

Most people don't have a 1 hour 10 min commute. The median is something like 20-30 minutes.
Plus, when I was working 6AM-4PM, I woke up at 5, shower/eat/dress in 35ish min, and was at work by 6. Working an evening shift gives me the luxury of taking my time when I wake up, or sleeping in if I choose

Just bic your head every morning, ez.
For real, I generally can go 2 weeks between haircuts before I'm out of regs.

>gaming
>on a laptop
>on a laptop not built for gaming

Objectively correct answer

Depending on what range you need you could replace it with one of those super low profile USB wifi adapters.

delet

Must be nice working in a world class city.

I lol at those who jerk off over working/living in SF.

Sure, I'd love to rent a 200 sq ft apartment for $2000/mo and pay $10/day to ride the smelly cramped train for 1 hour each way, not to mention the standard California buttfuckery with taxes and regulations and whatnot.
But hey, muh silicon valley and world class city and ocean!

Just live in Denver/Milwaukee/Pittsburgh/St. Louis if you want the city experience, except you'll actually have money since you won't be spending 60% of your income on rent and transportation.

you fucked up. X230 is objectively better.

It sucks. I do refrigeration so it's a pain in the ass to not be in the way of business. And everything is fucking cramped and parking sucks. The city makes shit near impossible to not get a parking ticket. The people are nice but are assholes when driving.

I pay 15:50 daily for BART. $12 for the ride and $3 for parking. But they haven't ticketed me for parking yet because I never pay. I just charge the extra $3 so I can say I payed for it and pretend to be confused that I didn't realize there was a parking booth.

>Using anything but this running Libreboot and expecting to not to have a backdoor on your mobo

>I pay 15:50 daily for BART.
Jesus, that's a $250 car payment and gas for the month, which would get you a quite decent used car.
It's not the same though, since I park for free at my work and in a city there is no free parking.

If you say it sucks in SF, why don't you move?

I live close to San Jose and I got a job offer after school. I wanted the experience and cash as I was jobless and as I just said, hungry for experience plus SF pays more than east bay. I'm on vacation right now but when I go back to the US I have a friend in a union that talked to his boss to hire me so I will get payed more and have benefits. I will have work all over the bay but every Tuesday and Thursday I will have to drive to SF for school for several years.

No.

Obvious bait, but still more or less what this board is all about. There's a new Sup Forums but no one cleans this shithole.

The Dell™ XPS™ 15 doesn't have this problem.

I play CSGO and rocket league on my t420

Don't be a bitch

I want to keep playing Darkest Dungeon on mine but keeping it running at 97C seems like a really bad idea. I get about 786 in glmark2, someone who was probably a shitter told me he got twice that with the same cpu/gpu. I'm willing to bet he actually had a 2500K. If not though. I assume there hasn't been a better driver out for old intel cpus in several years?

I put the textures on low (they're fucking blocks, who cares what they look like) and the render distance at 4. The low render distance can be a pain if you're scouting new biomes, but you don't even notice in mines.

So I just ran it again...
I don't get it.

>Buys a thinkpad for gaming
Wew, it sure is summer

Also, how long does it last?

I have an x220 and x230, and honestly prefer the x220 for it's keyboard feel, and sweet i7 (x230 is an i5)

op is a fag

wtf would you buy a business laptop with integrated cpu graphics for gaming?

>not playing with the superior ragtime music pack

I remember when I was younger my dad bought me a MBP for gaming.

For the 14", has anyone tried drilling the bottom right underneath the fan? Supposedly will help cooling by allowing more intake but I'm unsure if the fan is pulling air from the rest of the system or is it so miniscule that it doesn't matter?

wtf I tried drilling a hole in the bottom of my thinkpad and now it wont turn on FUCK YOU Sup Forums

goodjob dumbass

hey it works

I left the render distance at 6 and the game can be played now.

cheers

FUCKING THIS