>2017
>having mechanical drives in your mobile devices
>not having smaller MLC/eMLC master race SSDs for your system and bigger TLC SSD for gaymes/phild corn/movies shit you usually keep on your hdd (yes you, user)
You disappoint me over and over again, Sup Forums.

>(((phild corn)))
>yes you, user
Towel.jpg

>having mechanical drives in your mobile devices
But I don't. The last laptop I owned with one I upgraded to an SSD a year ago.

>his laptop doesn't has emmc

Why shouldn't I use HDDs? I use a ThinkPad T400 with Debian and LXDE as my main laptop because it has Libreboot support. I tried an SSD in it and there wasn't a noticeable speed difference except for boot time. Also, SSDs can't be securely wiped and they don't last as long as mechanical ones. Seriously, why should I pay three times as much for a solid state goy toy when mechanical drives do the same thing and are cheaper?

>inb4 buy a newer computer
Sorry, I don't want Jews having access to all of my memory and my networking hardware through a CPU in my CPU.

debian? why don't you use GNU approved distro like Trisquel?

Because they're shit, and Debian is just as free.

>SSDs can't be securely wiped
not true

>and they don't last as long as mechanical ones
not true either, the mechanical bits wear out faster than any ssd built in the last 5 years, along with you know the actual mechanical moving bits and being sensitive to physical bumps

if you didn't notice a speed difference then you must be disabled

Debian has closed source on their repos that's why it's not GNU approved user, you wouldn't want to install closed source by accident, would you?
also stock theme looks better and last version comes with MATE

You should Google that first one.

And no, the mechanical bits do not wear out faster. Most of the flash drives and SD cards (Samsung or Sandisk) that I use daily will break in a year or less. Meanwhile my iPod from 2004 has the original mechanical drive and it still works. I used that thing almost every day up until the end of 2015. The Samsung SSD in my desktop wore out after 3 years while my shitty mechanical drives from Crucial and WD have been going strong for nearly 6 years.

I throw my laptop around all the time and nothing happens to it. I just dropped it yesterday and it's fine.

SSDs are only faster at boot. Launching programs or playing videos is about the same, which is why I don't use an SSD in my laptop.

I always check into applications before blindly installing them. Why do you blindly trust programs because they're from the official repo? Are you a normie?

I don't really want to do research everytime i have to install a thing
I didn't know firefox logo was not "open", I didn't know virtualbox uses non-free compiler after 5~ version
call me normie user, but that distro exists for a reason

It doesn't really matter anyways. As long as the OS and kernel are open and nothing is spying on you, a closed source application or two is fine. I have a few closed source games that I run in WINE. The biggest reason IMO to use GUN/Linux is the lack of built in spyware. It also just does more and gives you complete control.

why would i throw out several perfectly good drives to replace them with SSDs?

>SSDs cant be securely wiped

like hell they cant

I agree with you, but there is no harm going full free too. I recommend GNU/Linux to other people and i thought if i go full open-source maybe blobbed linux wouldn't be insane option for them.

>throw out
uhm, move these to your desktop computer or your server?
I'm talking about mobile devices, deus.

oh the only mobile device i have is a phone have no use for as laptop

>using Yotsuba to shitpost
At least keep posting Yotsuba, you faggot.

>I tried an SSD in it and there wasn't a noticeable speed difference
what do you even do on your computer

Compute.

Retarded frogposter.

>ask shit questions
>get shit response and shitting frog in return

Not actual work then, that's what I thought

>blue board

enjoy being banished by our gods

Programming, gaming, making more frogs, shitposting. What kind of real work are you doing?

Red dit

>Sup Forums has mods
Good joke.

>Also, SSDs can't be securely wiped
Encrypt ssd (using vendor encryption), lost keys. It same shit as on HDD, really. Or link what did you read.

>what is secure wipe
>what is TRIM on empty partition
typical incompetent Sup Forumstard