STOP USING WINDOWS 7 IMMEDIATELY

Almost all WannaCry victims were running Windows 7.

COMMON SENSE 2017 WON'T SAVE YOU FAGGOTS.

Windows XP was ‘insignificant,’ researchers say.

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1252&desc=5
googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-compromise-enterprise-endpoint.html
twitter.com/TheWack0lian/status/779397840762245124/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice woman who is this slut

false flag by microkike to force 10 confirmed

I never check my email so I'm good

All Wanacry victims didn't install MSE17-010 which was available for 2 months before the outbreak.

is this picture real?

Are you using Windows 7?

Yep. Windows 7 Ultimate to be precise.
Pirated obv.
The Windows Update thingy shows 2014 as the date updates were last installed.
Still no wannacry doe.

T H I C C

H

I

C

C

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1252&desc=5

>Vulnerabilities in MsMpEng are among the most severe possible in Windows, due to the privilege, accessibility, and ubiquity of the service.

>The core component of MsMpEng responsible for scanning and analysis is called mpengine. Mpengine is a vast and complex attack surface, comprising of handlers for dozens of esoteric archive formats, executable packers and cryptors, full system emulators and interpreters for various architectures and languages, and so on. All of this code is accessible to remote attackers.

>NScript is the component of mpengine that evaluates any filesystem or network activity that looks like JavaScript. To be clear, this is an unsandboxed and highly privileged JavaScript interpreter that is used to evaluate untrusted code, by default on all modern Windows systems. This is as surprising as it sounds.

implying i'm using windows at all. also don't post pick without sauce. i want to splurge with the force of a 1,000 stars into that.

Why anyone ever fell for the "don't update" meme boggles my mind

oh lawd I need source on this one

B I G
I
G

But I'm still running my never updated W7 SP1 install, stop being a fucking idiot and you'll be fine.

also
>posting a disgusting 3dpd piece of shit whore
kill yourself

WannaCry infection distribution by the Windows version. Worst hit - Windows 7 x64. The Windows XP count is insignificant.

Her feet will feed my family for month or two.

>Microsoft forces Windows 7 users to upgrade to 10 through malicious updates
>W7 users turn off updates to prevent this
>W7 users get Ransomware

Fuck Microsoft.

No. Keep Windows. I mean lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that linux does not have. You have those two buttons in linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

>yfw this was a false flag by Microsoft to get everyone off of win 7

This affected W7 users? I'm on W7 ultimate with daz loader and I haven't been infected yet. What am I doing wrong to not get this virus?

Leave the house and use a public WiFi

T H I C C

This.
Never installed win updates on any of my machines

The kind of people who get wannacry are the same people who think win 7 is a good idea. Just updating won't fix stupid

I hate people like you.
Kys

I'm probably wrong, but this is my understanding. Once it is on a network, it can infect other computers, but you can't get it from the internet if you are behind a router. So as long as no one on your network runs email attachments, you are safe.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

>runs email attachments
Executing is necessary to get infected
Merely opening the file is sufficient, that includes an anti-virus scanning the attachment automatically

*NOT necessary

Wannacry had/has nothing to do with running some shady executable or doing something stupid (unless you call updating Windows not stupid). It's a worm that infects clean computers just by virtue of them being connected to a network with other affected computers that have the virus hunting for vulnerable IP addresses. At least that is my understanding.

How do you even know if you're infected??

All your files are encrypted

>reverse image search
>"area codes 305 and 786"
so thicc she takes up multiple area codes

Didn't have this problem, stay cucked and scared

Aaaaand how exactly would my computer be connected to a network with infected machines on you absolute faggot?

I turned updates off when they were trying to trick/force W7 users to upgrade to W10. I believe this was a valid reason to turn it off with all thr complaints of unwanted W10 upgrades.

She's from miami?

>most linuxes its about the same
Fuck off. I installed Fedora 17 w/ GNOME 3 on a shit top for school and it took no more than 20 minutes.

> WannaCry
What?

wanna ;_; ?

I use Windows 7 but no SMB enabled.

>and how exactly would my computer be connected to a network with infected machines

Get a load of this retard.

People in your house connecting their infected laptops to your router.

STOP USING WINDOWS IMMEDIATELY

Literally all WannaCry victims were running Windows.

COMMON SENSE 2017 WON'T SAVE YOU FAGGOTS. USE LINUX.

OP's dick was ‘insignificant,’ researchers say.

>Yes good goys, install Windows 10 so you can be tracked through telemetry.

>Or keep Windows XP without drivers.

>But don't dare switch to Linux! That's for nerds and fedoras! You need to know coding! Even though there are user friendly versions now, that's all lies!

>Yes good goys, telemetry is your friend. We are looking for ((errors)).

>2 of 3 desktops in house boot to Lunix by default
feels good

If you use a online email client (emails don't DL) your safe right?

My uncle's laptop has win7 stopped auto-updating 6 months ago and won't let me manually update.

what do?

There's literally not a word of that post that is true. Just fucking kill yourself retard.

>hating men for exposing your slut behavior

>that pic

I love how it's duct taped in a place where women would never look

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Told my parents not to open/download anything suspicious the other day. Still, I'm running W7 and I'm a bit nervous.

>people connecting to my router
how? i live alone, no one else is accessing my router. wlan is disabled

but hacking is forbidden by law in Germany

why does she have legs like an elephant though?

>MsMpEng
Is it part of Microsoft Security Essentials which you have to explicitly install, or is it the Windows Defender which is built-in?

>MsMpEng is the Malware Protection service that is enabled by default on Windows 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2012, and so on. Additionally, Microsoft Security Essentials, System Centre Endpoint Protection and various other Microsoft security products share the same core engine. MsMpEng runs as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM without sandboxing, and is remotely accessible without authentication via various Windows services, including Exchange, IIS, and so on.

>On workstations, attackers can access mpengine by sending emails to users (reading the email or opening attachments is not necessary), visiting links in a web browser, instant messaging and so on. This level of accessibility is possible because MsMpEng uses a filesystem minifilter to intercept and inspect all system filesystem activity, so writing controlled contents to anywhere on disk (e.g. caches, temporary internet files, downloads (even unconfirmed downloads), attachments, etc) is enough to access functionality in mpengine. MIME types and file extensions are not relevant to this vulnerability, as MsMpEng uses it's own content identification system.

>windows 10 uncucked
kek eat shit you stupid philistines

>femanon

it worked for me

>LOOK AT ME I'M A WOMAN ON THE INTERNET
Why do you do this?

>symantec made the exact same mistake

googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-compromise-enterprise-endpoint.html

Input handling is the source of 99% of the vulnerabilities. People will fuck it up. Nearly all file formats have grammars that are context sensitive; things like a length followed by exactly length bytes. That shit is unsafe, people will fuck up when handling it and they WILL get exploited.

Also never forget this fail:

twitter.com/TheWack0lian/status/779397840762245124/

SB17-002
SB17-003
SB17-004

Those are the patches, depending on your OS version.

MS17-010 was a an emergency legacy patch that was kicked out to XP/Server 2003 machines.

A lot of these people want to think of themselves as "power users" who don't need to update anything because they're not stupid and know what they're doing.

Why anyone fell for the upgrade meme boggles my mind

Only a problem if you leave everything at default like a dumbass. In this case:
>sharing files
>using homegroup
>using anything that has to do with SMB

Everyone that got hit with this shit deserved it for using that insecure garbage.