Would a macbook be worth buying to make music and film editing projects with?

would a macbook be worth buying to make music and film editing projects with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rKqdDiL8t80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no u need a desktop

no, make a hackintosh

same shit for half the shekels

lol no they're way underpowered for those tasks

No. More bang for your buck to build something OS X compatible.

but i can use my phone for shittier versions of those, i cant imagine the computer would need more than 2 gigs of ram to do those, and im pretty sure they have at least 4 gigs

this, fuck manlets and their craptops

i have windowss desk top already, i decided to go with the laptop so that i could use it at school and it wouldnt take up more space

side note, the desk top doesnt have any good editing software for music or film that im interested in

Their processor is weak as well

unless you're going to specifically use logic/some of the few mac os exclusive plugins/etc and final cut pro/related absolutely fuck no

The only Apple products that aren't absolute trash are the desktops. The laptops stopped being good around 2012. Just build your own desktop and hackintosh it or get a Mac Mini.

>windows doesnt have good editing software
you're just desperately trying to justify a frivolous purchase at this point

Uh, actually yes! iMovie is fine for light editing as I had to collab on a video project the other day with some friends and it rendered 1080p60 footage fine on a Macbook Air from 2013.

Any Mac after 2013 should be able to edit 1080p on Final Cut "OK" but not great. A used 2013-2014 15" Retina Pro would handle 1080p editing very well for a laptop, and not be stupidly expensive.

If you want to edit 4K, with an external 4K monitor, you only bet is probably the 2016 Macbook Pros or Trash-Can Mac Pro, which is near impossible to recommend at the moment due to how expensive they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKqdDiL8t80
$70 spare part junker hackintosh outperforms $2000 macbook

You can do this on 10yo laptop so it should be possible on a macbook.
Just cutting video, adding effects etc doesn't take any resources. It just will take longer to generate the final video.
Music shouldn't be a problem at all.

ps you can upgrade a hackintosh, with some more RAM and a bigger hard drive you'd be fine for video editing.

The most important part is the software not being buggy shit and not crashing when making the video. Look into that first. The hardware isn't a problem, you can use anything.

No official driver support. Everything is aftermarket.

all apple product are overpriced, i'm not gonna say they're shit because they aren't (doesn't mean they're great either), they're just overpriced. you can get better quality devices from the competition by the same price or even cheaper.

apple just profits off its "exclusive-ish brand"

>music and film editing projects

lmao

>apple just profits off its "exclusive-ish brand"
...and driver support, and quality software/ecosystem

>quality software/ecosystem

Mactoddlers are quite literally brain dead morons whose opinions should be discarded at first sight of the Applel logo.

Can't be a proper DJ without a Macbook Pro. MacOS is designed for designers.

>t. macnigger pumping out "phat rymez" on his niggerbook

Meanwhile, true patricians including the modern Beethoven of our times uses PCs with Microsoft Windows 7 because it actually works.

Hans Zimmer is the Mozart of cinematic music

you do realize that using the phrase "t. macnigger ...niggerbook" automatically discounts your opinion entirely right?

>t. macnigger