>decide to install Lubuntu
>lightweight af, good for taking notes at uni + browsing
>fuckyeah.jpg
>installation complete
>boot it up for the first time
>immediately fire up the default text-editor, AbiWord
>screen flickering and shit, makes me epileptic
>google it
>it is a known bug for certain themes, no workaround, just avoid a bunch of different themes!

why the fuck is it buggy at the first startup with the default theme??

>he fell for the Linux meme

I just Lubuntu, never had that problem. Never heard of that problem.

>LXDE

You learn to ignore the minor bugs.

Maybe if you installed linux mint with old stable de like MATE (gnome 2), you wouldnt be so surprised.

>AbiWord

Is there still active development on LXDE or LXQt?

If it is a LXLE bug, then its not going to get fixed. LXLE is being deprecated in favor of LXQt.

Alternatively, you could switch to MATE, its also very lightweight.

why would you think that comment will help anyone? do you think op is lying? let me guess, is he shill? fucking retard hang yourself you fucking cunt.
had a similar problem. lubuntu and xubuntu are dumpster fire. dont bother with kubuntu either as it uses 1.4gb ram while idle. i use ubuntu MATE right now and it is comfy and only uses around 400mb ram when idle. you might have to cancel graphics acceleration on some programs though.

>immediately fire up the default text-editor, AbiWord
What is the dificulty on installing libreoffice or even just open your browser and use google docs?

I think LXQt replaces LXDE but not sure.

>let me guess, is he shill? fucking retard hang yourself you fucking cunt.
Or just confirmation that the problem doesn't happen everywhere? Not him but this board makes grumpy everyone.

>just installed a nice lightweight desktop for my low-power machine
>better fire up a huge memory-hungry application every time I need to edit a simple text file

Nevermind, I'm dumb, but maybe OP is too. AbiWord is a word processor, not a text editor. I don't know if it uses less memory than LibreOffice though, maybe it does which would be a reason to include it in Lubuntu.

and what does that information contribute to anyone?
comments like that just even further frustrate people who look for help or advice. it's like a young guy asking his cousins about tips on dating and them answering: "never had your problem mate, got a lovely girlfriend right now".

i had this on all ubuntu 16.xx installs. using 17.04 fixed it. i think its an issue with certain intel display adapters and the 16.04/10 kernel.

>text-editor
>AbiWord

LXDE and lubuntu are memes user. XFCE + Debian is the only way to go.

i was talking about the screen flickering, i tried to update the kernel on 16.10 but in the end i just waited 2 weeks till 17.04 was released, it seemed like a lot of work for a system i can live without as i dual boot.

>it is a known bug for certain themes, no workaround, just avoid a bunch of different themes!

Hope you can back that claim up with some sauce, user.

works on my machine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is LXDE, LXLE is a distribution like Lubuntu itself.

It does use way less memory and other resources, because it has less features too.

ubuntu based systems have always been buggy on my system, there are so many distros and DE's EXPLORE!! :)

because it's free nigga
free as in poor

Its called trolling, to get people (ie: you) butthurt

whatever helps you sleep at night buddy