So Sup Forums

why are the 'easiest' Linux distros considered shit?
Is it because you don't like when normies find your secret club?

>why are the 'easiest' Linux distros considered shit?
Arch.

You can't show off in desktop threads with Mint or Ubuntu, gotta run Arch or Gentoo if you want to be a cool kid.

No, it is because some of them have security issues, or have restrictions other distributions dont, or arent "free" enough.

They're not shit but a lot of the automation removes the ability to customize.

right
Arch is shit, the only reason people like it is because they feel so proud of copying and pasting shit from the wiki. The AUR is good though, i'll give you that.

>they feel so proud of copying and pasting shit from the wiki
No one thinks this, so I'm not sure why you think it.

I literally only use it for the AUR although the wiki is nice when something goes to shit, even on other distros I fire up Archwiki.

Yeah they definitely do, user.

How do you know?

If the beginner Distros wouldn't be so shit, more people would convert after trying them out. But it is much easier to bitch about it than work a lot on it to make things better.

absolutely no one uses distros like arch and void outside of vocal Sup Forums autists, don't take them as a representative sample

you can manually edit config files in Mint or Ubuntu. just because there is a gui for that kind of thing doesn't mean you can't go full autist

Because they are shit. They just duct tape shit together, throw in pre-installed proprietary crap to attract normies and setup the DE for the lazy people. They are literally just more bloated versions of the superior distributions they're based on.

That being said, an easy distribution doesn't have to be shit. Debian and Fedora are one of the finest distributions out there and they are both pretty easy.

That is untrue, people like the vocal minority of Sup Forums couldn't use a distro and help development/report bugs enough to keep it alive after everyone else abandoned it. There are sensible Arch/Void users out there, both have their things going for them, which attract users of all kind.

Yeah... because Debian is superior to fucking Ubuntu? what universe do you live in? Over half the computers running Linux are running Ubuntu. "Linux" the desktop OS might as well be called Ubuntu. Debian is old news and a terrible recommendation compared to based Ubuntu, the finest distribution of Linux available

debian and ubuntu are both fine, debian will never be old news since ubuntu is completely dependent on it, and when canonical goes bankrupt debian will still be fine

You think that.

Whoa.. can you read minds or something

>Mint
Ah yes, the distro of choice for the discerning faggot who wants Ubuntu but worse that looks like Windows.

Ubuntu is an exception to the rule because the backing and the community is huge. I mostly meant my comment for shit like Mint, Manjaro, Zorin/Feren and the thousand other Ubuntu or Arch-based distros.

because I don't want to install the latest version of this distro, only to find packages that have not been updated since literally 2008.

It's just elitism. Some nerds can't accomplish anything of note so installing a distro that most people don't want to waste time on makes them feel as if they're superior.

i use fedora because most commercial software i use to make mony works on rhel/fedora only. so i really don't care how fashionable it is, since it is the only distro available. redhat makes enough mony so i don't worry the distro will die out. the naming 'fedora' is shit though, i wish they would rename it to something less neckbeardy, i.e. helmet or sombrero or ushanka or beret

>t. wrote this from macbook pro

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Because they are shit.

>why are the 'easiest' Linux distros considered shit?

They aren't. It's just a shitty Sup Forums meme

Because hikki's want a way to feel superior to others too.

all these """easy""" distros do is shipping random nonfree shit so normies can feel cucked just like the felt at home on windows

GNU/Linux*

Linux is a kernel used in the GNU system.