Help me to understand why normalfags tend to choose nonfree software instead of free software

Help me to understand why normalfags tend to choose nonfree software instead of free software.

What's the logic behind installing things like for example Skype when there are better and more secure replacements?

friends are on skype

if not for that it's kind of a piece of shit

Don't people read the news about malware, backdoors, keyloggers, voice recordings etc?

>when there are better and more secure replacements?
not true. propietary software is usually better.

They have friends; other normalfags they do things with. Once one friend goes to a platform every other friend also uses that for some reason. We have no idea why but they just do. This usually means normalfags use the first popular platform that offers any given service, regardless of quality.

So is the NSA.

networked cancer

person a has cancer
person b wants to contact person a
person a suggest to get cancer
person b has cancer

it's called social life. most people have skype and facebook, and skype is a little bit less harmful than facebook

so i need to pick between being spied on and being looked at weirdly by my friends?

i think the choice is obvious right?

HOW THE HELL CAN WE STOP THIS INSANITY

A good friend doesn't make his friend get cancer. A good citizen doesn't spread cancer through the society.

You simply stop and suggest something different.

For example Jitsi or GNU ring.

Not everyone are interested in computer shit, they just want to get the job done and enjoy their short life.

>looked at weirdly by my friends?
Why? Everyone who does change earns more respect than a sheep following the herd.

Nonfree software looks and runs like dogshit.

>A good friend doesn't make his friend get cancer.
i was mostly referring to girls, the only reason why i have skype. with my friends i mostly use signal, dunno how that happened though

they click the first google result for the thing they want, and/or what is shilled the most

>my friends
FREEDOM AIN'T FREE
THE KERNAL OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF NORMALFAGS
FRIENDS ARE JUST VULNERABILITIES

normalfags (and even most autists) don't care about this until it directly affects them. they might know about the mass surveillance going on, but until the FBI is at their door they think "it won't happen to me."

First: Normie can't code

Second: Normies tend to be friend with other normies who also (probably) can't code

Thrid: They just want to get the job done, life is short, none of that SICK computer knowledge would matter when they died

You can get new friends. Metadata is forever.

>FRIENDS ARE JUST VULNERABILITIES
This. Was wissen zwei, wisst Schwein.

Convenience. Just like ubuntu.

The more free or convenient it is the more chance it will be used.

Paid (cracked) software for example is also important.

provide one example where that happened and the person was not guilty

what are network effects for $500 faggot