Wannacry has only made 92 thousand dollars

>wannacry has only made 92 thousand dollars

how do they even know this?? i'm sure there are plenty of unreported cases.

CONFIRMED GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY

ILLUMINATI

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/actual_ransom/
twitter.com/collinskeith/status/865250315863502849
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Learn how a blockchain works, idiot.

Buy checking transactions in the blockchain going to the wallet address in the WannaCry UI

>Bitcoin
>Untraceable transactions

absolute trash.

Are you fucking retarded?

no. are YOU?

They're not untraceable

Because retards fucked up and only choose between 3 bitcoins wallets instead of generating a different wallet for different ransoms.

Anonymous but 100% traceable
If we wanted, we could group up and not accept any transactions (especially at exchanges) that have passed through their wallets, rendering the gains useless. Top kek.

>what is coinjoin
>what is a tumbler

How does that even work?
How can they tell who paid and who didn't when the addresses aren't unique?

CSA said they could trace the Bitcoin payment, but couldn't detect if any files were actually recovered. Sounds about right for the NSA who """"confirmed"""" russia """"hacked"""" our election

>wallet X associated with infected computer Y goes up 300 usd
>give password to computer Y to unlock their shit
This just means that anyone can pay for anyone else, but i'm pretty sure the guys only really care about the money

Except there's like 250000 computers and apparently only 3 wallets.

Shit, my bad, i read the wrong reply chain and though you asked how would generating a wallet for each infected PC work.
Can you include a message or something when you send bitcoin?
They could generate a unique random string and ask people to include them in the transaction notes

twitter.com/actual_ransom/

I don't think they care. Do they actually decrypt the files after the ransom? Any proven cases of this actually happening?

Almost all decently sized ransomware infections did, tho i haven't heard any news regarding this particular one in either way.
I tried googling a bit but all i could get is trash sites avoiding the question because they don't want to give a clear answer like: "they are criminals so it doesn't guarantee it works"

twitter.com/collinskeith/status/865250315863502849
Nothing proven.

(Note the guy said he HADN'T paid.)

There are ways to smuggle messages into the blockchain but I don't think it's an actual feature in any of the mainstream wallets software.
And afaik the ransomware doesn't mention any unique message either, just an address and a dollar amount, so no way to identify the transaction by bitcoin amount either.

I think it's just a scam, they have no way of differentiating the transactions.

It's interesting to think that this could screw up the ransomware marketplace.

The thing that makes ransomware lucrative is the reassurance the victim has that paying works.

But Wannacry now adds some FUD to that process. Why pay when there's no guarantee? Just accept your losses.