Redhat RHCSA examination

Yesterday I passed my Redhat RHCSA exam. I found the exam tuff so i'm pleased to have passed.

Feel free to ask me anything (apart from actual exam questions, which i am unable to disclose due to NDA)

Other urls found in this thread:

lisenet.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what are your job prospects and what other certs have you taken or planned to take in the future?

i'm not planning on taking any other certs to be honest. i think most of them are worthless as they are not practical. I enjoy my current job so no plans to move on at the moment

what's your current job?

What were the questions?

did you celebrate your success with a trap?

Why is the redhat logo a T-rex punching a Triceratops?

I'm a sysadmin in a team looking after a private cloud.

im not sure i understand what you mean by trap?

it's actually a man sporting a red fedora.

Why would anybody pay for an os especially linux in 2017?

He was asking you if you fucked a man wearing women's clothing to celebrate. He's one of Google's degenerates, they come here to shitpost about social justice and shit.

Can I be a CentOS Certified Systems Administrator for free?

No one is paying for the OS, they are paying for quick response/support, security patching, and muh someone to blame.

The O/S is free, it's the support you're paying for really. this may be important in a production environment.

> obeys nda on an anonymous board

blimey. I just had a few beers. Not really into trannys!

I'm happy to give tips and advice, but don't want to break the NDA with specifics.

Do you use the ll command? It's not a real command, just an alias, but everywhere I have worked has had it, so do they include it in the course materials?

I have a friend looking to take it, what should he study the most?

i've never heard of this? what does it do? It's not part of the course.

LVM - make sure you know how to add and remove partitions like the back of your hand

ACLs Make sure you know ACL permissions.

It's just ls with some extra bit. It might be ls -a. It shows you everything in a directory, but in columns so it's easier to read.

Anything else really big? Also thanks.

know how to break into a machine to reset the root passwd.

know how to configure a nic

Learn how to use and configure auto fs.

those are the biggys

Ive always wanted to become a sysadmin was thinking about the certs once but then realized I have everything paid for me by my father and lady friend so Id rather continue to enjoy NEET life best life

Not gonna go look for stress, I cant handle having things to do.

the exam is very stressful, but worth it i think. Enjoy your neet life my friend. nice position to be in but remember to shower and exercise.

Nice job! I got my RHCE a few months ago, still trying to decide how I want to branch into an RHCA. Keep it up, RHEL is good stuff.

thanks man. congrats on the RHCE. Is it much harder then the RHCSA?

If you're on a machine just run "which ll" and it'll tell you.
I'm pretty sure it's just:

alias ll="ls --color=auto -l"

Probably in your .bashrc file anyways.

Yeah I thought so. I finished my RHCSA in half the time and spent the other half double checking my work before the time ran out. I barely finished my RHCE in the time I had, but I still passed. I binge-watched Safari's video courses with that Sander Van Vugt guy for months to prepare, best thing ever.

Have you tried CentOS?
Is there a big difference between Redhat and CentOS?

Underrated.

Afaik, it's exactly the same

cool. i barely had any time left in the RHCSA, not becuase i didnt know the stuff, just becuase i work quite slowly otherwise i make typos etc. did you pass your RHCSA first try? loads of people i know have failed it on the first go (this was my second attempt)

I work on redhat systems for my job and I studied my ass off for months so i passed on the first try

The only thing I hate about the exams if that they are still using 7.0 as the Red Hat version.

Oh you want to configure IPv6 through the config tool? Here, have a segmentation fault, asshole.

>signing NDAs

cucks

>nmcli
Learn it nigga, use the man pages

Helped me getting a new job with a 20k increase
So one NDA is alright.

>nmcli for static IP and routes on a wired connection

fucking why.

Its just more work for no real effect? The Segfault is fixed in 7.1, the current version is 7.3 with 7.4 in the works so why the hell is the exam still on fucking 7.0?

Also this page was worth more than any exam book:

lisenet.com/

exact same for me user just recently. congrats

why. being a sysadmin is for retards like op.

most of it is just reading and googling. it's legit boring 95% of the time.

hell you can be a RedHat Sysadmin for "free" maybe not certified but it's not like you need a piece of paper to say you know how to use Red hat aids or loonigs.

RedHat offers free dev subscriptions now as well. though you might as well use CentOS or Scientific Linux at that point.

>most of it is just reading and googling. it's legit boring 95% of the time.

that's only if you dont know wtf you are doing. that essentially would be ANY job, e.g. a mechanic or a ""website developer"".

just recently became a sysadmin with some devops thrown in. career goal of my life achieved; I feel accomplished and proud (and making decent money).

hopefully you have a plan for when your folks die (assuming they dont leave you a fat inheritance)

being a sysadmin isn't a skill.
it's a fucking joke.

I'm hoping to work towards becoming a sysadmin. I don't have a degree in IT but I am working on my Comp TIA A+, Network+, and Security + certs. Any advice?

>knowing how to properly troubleshoot quickly and knowing how to correct the issue without googling to reduce downtime for hundreds/thousands of clients/customers isnt a skill

okay bud. troll harder

>babysitting a server that automates all of its shit and keeping the root password on a sticky note on your monitor is a skill

>systemd

pretty basic stuff tbqh

Not that guy, but A+ is only useful for an entry-level position like help desk or an internship. If you have no IT experience at all, it could be useful for getting your foot in the door.

>dicking around on a computer isn't work
>get a real honest job like carrying bags of bricks or something

>he thinks systems know how to fix themselves
>he thinks hardware replaces itself
>he thinks those automations wrote themselves
this isnt the year 3015 user

>using root
>using passwords and not ssh keys
idiot and newb confirmed

your trolling is becoming LESS convincing every reply you make

>hundreds of thousands of customers depend on a service that can't be recycled and re-provisioned by your properly designed architecture.

you are like baby, op fag.

>"Probably"
>assuming assumptions

experience is key. setup a github and make some scripts. learn python and bash scripting.

I don't need certs to know that I'm a good linux user/sysadmin
I know that you need these to get jobs, though...

I know it's not very important in the long run but I assumed it was a expected of anyone starting out. How about the others? Are they worth getting? Any other certs I should go out and grab? Like the Red Hat cert OP got or a Windows Server cert?

Right now one of the things I am doing is building up my github page. Any other languages I should know to increase my chances of getting hired?

You're going to need experience at some point. I got an adequate entry-level job with just the CompTIA A+, and I am a better employee than a guy with an MCSA purely because our employer doesn't use Windows so his skills are useless. Get the basic certifications, then get a shit job, and get better certifications based on the requirements of that job.

You could look into a CCNA if you really want to; that's very popular.

>redhat certified
>unfamiliar with one of the most common aliases on all Linux systems

holy shit, I see it

How the fuck did you even get certified?

Jesus christ I thought I was falling behind because I didn't get my RHCSA. Turns out I'm ahead, and most of the stuff on that test you can just google anyway

>most common aliases on all Linux systems
not OP, but... why should one care about your stupid aliases? what if I have my own ones, or if I simply WANT to use ls with flags?

That's besides the point, it's super common and you're a scrub if you are unaware

hmm, ok, that's true

THANK YOU

What types of companies should an aspiring linux admin apply to, I'm focusing on web hosting companies right now.

OP confirmed for not knowing shit about GNU/Linux

return to where you belong, pleb
>>>/reddit/

What does Stallman smell like?

>which i am unable to disclose due to NDA

cry me a river, faggot