Is it shit?

Is it shit?

IntelliJ is better in every way

very

Even jdeveloper is better.

it has shit ux, but just werks if you get used to it

every java IDE is shit

I was pretty much forced to use that IDE in my college programming (what a fucking meme it is desu) course. I asked the professor if I could use my own environment for Java stuff and he said yeah, I thought things were gonna be good and smooth, but when the prof came to check my work after the 4th lab, he said my environment was skewing the output of the code.
So I installed eclipse, struggled with setting everything properly, and when I was done doing that, the prof realized he had a mistake in his own output he was checking against. He still said I had to use eclipse to prevent any future confusion(???)

Eclipse is annoying to use, and it, for some reason, destroys the shit out of my memory allocation

>I was pretty much forced to use that IDE in my college programming (what a fucking meme it is desu) course.

Going through this shit right now my dude.

I like it but it's the only thing I have used and I pretty much only use it to check my syntax as I go because Java is fucking horrible. After I program in C with a text editor for a while it's hard to go back to any IDE though.

all IDE's are shit*

I'm used to it.
Works fine for me.

It is one of the worst pieces of software ive had the misfortune of using.

They describe it as a "framework for building an IDE" rather than an IDE. So basically its an over complicated piece of shit thrown together by multiple people who have varying views on what makes a fucking IDE good.

Netbeans is better in every conceivable way. Same with IntelliJ and Visual Studio.

>write some code
>try to run it with eclipse
>compile errors that dont even make sense all over the place
>close eclipse
>compile by hand
>code properly compiles
Its shit

SO MUCH THIS

It's the best C IDE available for gnu/linux
prove me wrong

IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ IntelliJ

CLion

hacked together piece of shit that needs full rewrite

Post a screenshot of CLion compiling a program using gnu autotools build system

/thread

i think you can only use cmake :^ (

I do Java development in my internship. I switched to NetBeans and NB has less problems than Eclipse.

There was a UK ISP called Eclipse (no experience with it because I'm American).

About to go through the same here too, senpai. I wasn't too fond of it back in my technician course, and I would love to use some better alternative in college, but that might not be the case

>ISP called Eclipse
Man, I think my dad still uses their email servers lol

Pretty much. Use intellij if you can but if you're like me and your instructors want you write swing with no gui builder just for the memes, it's okay

It's good you can't do that.
The retards that want to use autotools shouldn't be encouraged.

Yes, it's the emacs of IDEs and it turns out that concept doesn't scale so well.

From what I remember of using it (probably 3 years or so ago now that I last used it), it's pretty cumbersome and uses an absolute fuckton of resources for seemingly no reason - seriously, how the hell did they get it to hog so much memory and CPU time?

I don't program in Java anymore and haven't for a while so have no idea what the go-to tool is these days.

vim

the newer versions use a fuckton of system resources and it's awful.
The older versions are lighter and work just as well.

I can't even get eclipse to install bruh how is it the best.

let's give try to IntelliJ.

I made a thread about this last night.
>Hey Sup Forums what IDE do you use?
>Sup Forums lists a bunch of text editors.
Eclipse is fine. Sup Forums is full of a bunch of web developers that use meme editors.
Also, the jetbrain IDEs cost hundreds of dollars if you're programming in anything other than java. Fuck that noise.

>sudo apt-get/yum/pacman install eclipse

Wow, so hard!

I once used it for android development because it was much faster than android studio. Too bad eclipse no longer supports android now.

this, i use eclipse and find it comfy since i'm used to it
in my experience netbeans has a nice built in gui editor but who the fuck uses this anyways
intellij is supposed to be patrician tier but it seems to be privative software so i don't know about this

use emacs
it just pic related

Yeah, go ahed and install a version last updated in like 2011.

Even you have 1024 GB of RAM this shit would still lag.

gedit master race

I like Eclipse more than IntelliJ, if only because IntelliJ is slower than molasses.

Why is this? I get that there was an issue with an Eclipse version sometime in 2012 that scared some people off, but it's been 5 years since that happened. Why haven't the repositories been updated?

It's still Java. Compile it yourself.

There's tons of keys online for almost all their stuff

i try it and it is shit. I prefer eclipse.

Yeah. If you're so poor that you can't afford the JetBrains IDE for the respective programming language, you must be a really horrible programmer.

is this a real question?

>what is Stockholm syndrome