What's the best hardware buy you've made in the last 10 years?

What's the best hardware buy you've made in the last 10 years?

For me it's my Nintendo WiiU. I use it every single day to watch either Netflix, Youtube or use the browser to watch streaming pirate TV shows and live TV streams from other countries.

That is not a Wii U.

That's the switch
And if I had to be honest probably my foot

Obviously!

My Samshit J7 android phone.

I didn't realize how awful having my iPhone 6 plus was until I got this to hold me until I get a better phone. Currently eyeing the oneplus 3T or S7 active.

Even then things like being able to download more than 100MB over mobile data, micro SD cards, Clover, AMOLED display, and torrent clients have made me regret ever going with apple.

Nintendo hardware is pure shit. Overpriced and only worth because its exclusives. Something like the Apple of gaming.

Thinkpad X220.

All handheld gaming is shit right now unfortunately. It's just not that much performance you can cram into a 5W TDP chip.

Maybe when 2nd gen mobile ryzen APUs come out...

>he doesn't own a vita

FX-8320. Fucker just won't die.

>Nintendo hardware is pure shit.

BULLSHIT

same, but the tablet version .

What frequency and voltage do you have it cranked to?

>$300 for a tegra tablet with 1 game
>bullshit

4GHz, don't even really need it. Stock was just fine imo. No clue what the voltage is sorry.

I have a Corsair water cooler I got for like $50. It was easy to install but the radiator is fucking huge.

This nigga gets it

It's like having a pocket computer

You barely even need a laptop or a stationary

OP is clearly enjoying his WiiU daily watching 1080p Netflix and youtube.

>watching movies on your phone

uhgg tell me about it. IPS displays on most tiny phones completely ruin the experience. Glad I have a 5.5" amoled display to watch movies on. That + BT earbuds is amazing in bed.

Though what will really make it great experience is samshit vr. That's partially why I'm considering the S7 active.

I heard OLED displays have pixels degrade and lose their colour over time. Have you experienced that yet?

samsung galaxy s4 mini; it still werks

Not at all and I've had my J7 for close to 6 months now.

Probably only applies to nexus phones and really really old samshit ones.

Why don't you geht a smach z?

Nah, I lost my appetite for it. Thing is way too fucking huge and clunky.

>smach z
>Not GPDWin

>3ds
>TN ot IPS screens are lottery
and this is just the tip of the iceberg

It's okay-ish but I still wouldn't get it. Guess I'll have to wait like everyone else for UMPCs to stop being trash.

X201s, the 's' stands for 'so comfy'

My bro.

I will take thus laptop with me to the grave.

Wiiu was the biggest piece of shit around and I hate myself for buying into the hype early

Microsoft Lumia 950.
Software isn't great, but the hardware is GOAT. I cannot for the life of me find a suitable Android replacement for this thing without making a compromise I don't want to make.

I'm waiting for the Nokia 9.

Nothing to be honest.

My third gen moto g

It runs slower with the newest version of android but holy hell was it been great to me

>best hardware
>Nintendo
Are you even trying?

$100 for three Dell 2007FP displays. Really good IPS panels and 4:3 masterrace.

FTFY

My desktop computer.

It's kind of old so I don't play post-2006 games on it or anything, but I installed Gentoo on it and it still runs like brand new after all these years. I can still use it for web browsing, office productivity, programming, and watching videos or listening to music. All very fast. Faster than the Windows 7 that came with it. I can even play my favourite games, all of which are old, like the KOTOR series, or the Half Life series. Lots of cool stuff on Steam for Linux too. And RPG maker is fun to make games with. Same with Ren'Py.

No, it applies to all OLED displays, but you don't see it for at least two years on average.

There aren't many phones with OLED fortunately. Mostly TVs

Wot? I've never seen that happen on my J7.

Must be a nexus problem.

They're not created equal. Nexus displays are known for abhorrent quality.

mITX domain controller + UPS

Burn-in is common on OLED screens. Perhaps not in 6 months, but I've had my Galaxy S3 Mini for a couple of years now, and the burn-in is real.

>UPS
I've actually more-or-less stopped using UPS after having used them for several years for my servers. I just have power outages more seldom than I need to replace UPS batteries. I'd like to be able to use redundant power supplies to get the best of both worlds, but getting those for just one, let alone several, ATX cases is just too expensive to be worth it.

I thought the switch was terrible, sans zelda. They should have had virtual console, media apps (Netflix, YouTube) and a "wii sports" type game on launch.

I beat zelda and sold it and the switch for $430 shortly after. And I'm glad I did now that they're starting to be in stock

What I hear is is newer samshit displays are more resistant to burn in and general wear and tear. Not aure if anyone has validated this or not.

Word on the street is that blue LEDs are as shitty as ever in terms of aging.