What the fuck is going on...

What the fuck is going on? I just bought a new RX 480 along with a new PSU to power the damn thing I put it in the yesterday and I have been fighting with it since then. I can't play any games at all I'll play for about 10-15 minutes and then my whole computer just crashes (Just goes to a blank screen with a shitty noise and my CPU ramps all the way up) I've tried the 2 different drivers that AMD provides for the RX 480 I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 with a fresh install. I thought it was overheating at first but speccy says it's always at the temp in pic related plus about 10-15C after I restart from the crash. I'm out of ideas. Can anybody help or has had the same problems? At this rate I'm getting ready to just put my GT630 back into the fucking thing and just deal with shit graphics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaxJHaR0Gng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

try the GT630 and see if it has the same issue.

Alright

10-15 minutes says something is probably overheating. Check temps under load.
Did you get a good PSU?

>AMD
found your problem

Not sure if it's good but its the EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Fully modular

That should be more than enought,if you mistake cables you are fucked tho,check the manual properly.

did you nudge the heatsink on the new card anywhere?

At least show us catalyst screenshots, dumbshit.

The manual was shit. I'm pretty sure I've got everything in the right place though I don't see how I could have fucked it up really. Although the VGA cable that came with the PSU was weird cause it came split in two pieces that could be put together and then plugged in.

You mean the PCI-E was 6+2? That's needed since some cards need 6 pin and some 8.

Not that I know of
Not even sure what catalyst screenshot is

yes exactly and my card is an 8 pin.

>Not even sure what catalyst screenshot is
Crimson.

Again, no fucking clue

reseat your gpu, and check your psu connections

Alright I've got to wait for Nvidia drivers to download to check if my old card does the same thing anyways.

Does it matter if I have the PSU set to eco mode or not cause I just leave that off.

I'd leave it off as long as you're having problems.

I know how to fix it but fuck you op, you haven't even tryed fixing your own problem

OP I've got the same card as you do. Have you checked that you have the lastest driver installed for the card?

Your fucking gpu drivers, retard.

Thanks a lot man I'm sure thats why I've been fucking with it all day by myself until I got fed up with it and decided to ask for help all it says in the forums of people that were having the same problems is to roll back the driver but I can't roll it back and I can't find any older drivers then 17.4.4

Never heard of it being called catalyst I guess

Yeah I'm pretty sure that 17.5.2 is the latest.

They were called catalyst until 2015 or something. Show system tab and global wattman with core clock and vcore part.

You mean this tab right? I reseated the card and seems to be doing better but the temp is steadily on the rise. and it seems like the fans aren't kicking up any higher on auto.

Idk this shit has got to be drivers I think. Trying to find a way to find the previous drivers.

Are you actually retarded?

Well I was in that special class for a bit. Look man, I'm learning alright? So get the fuck down off your high horse.

Just found out I can't watch youtube videos without it crashing either. It seems like if there's anything that stresses out the card it just fucking crashes.

I think my card is just fucked. If I can't return it I'm going to be pissed and I'm going nvidia.
youtube.com/watch?v=vaxJHaR0Gng
This is exactly what my computer is doing.
It's midnight I'm going to fucking bed. Thanks for the help.

>I think my card is just fucked. If I can't return it I'm going to be pissed and I'm going nvidia.
>youtube.com/watch?v=vaxJHaR0Gng
>This is exactly what my computer is doing.
>It's midnight I'm going to fucking bed. Thanks for the help.
Moron, do a manual fan speed setting. It will be noisy but it wont crash

>He fell for the AyMD meme :D

>rx 480
That is great to mine ether, not to play games

Sometimes I'd like to give AMD a go but then I see things like this and fuck it. Nvidia all the way. AMD is just too much of a clusterfuck.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES