youtube.com/watch?v=G5EMrFsT7V4

>$250 000 for this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

audioquest.com/ethernet/diamond
youtube.com/watch?v=adTecwbWwNI
youtube.com/watch?v=dOwqyWdsWrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm glad you finally found out

Are you fucking stupid? Have any idea how much does it cost to build that contraption and how many will be sold? 250k is sure high as hell, but it's not completely absurd for a company to set such a price for such a product.

It probably won't be worth the money anyway tho, and audiophools that buy them believing in some pseudo technical mumbo-jumbo properties of those speakers are inbred monkeys with too much money in their pockets.

I love shit like this, it's like economic darwinism.

It's cool looking, wonder how it sounds. Wish I made the kind of money where I could go shopping for $250k speakers. lol

Not all audiophile is a complete scam, but most ain't cheap.
The older FBP series could deliver something like 288amps per channel. Not sure what the Evolution 1's can do but they sure are pretty.

>Have any idea how much does it cost to build that contraption
Bout $20 in materials. All the rest is unnecessary labor.

Real audiophiles deafen themselves and experience soundscapes through their fingertips. Anything less is a dilution of the full event.

God construction of the speakers themselves looks so shitty.

Just glue shit onto here, pack it full of foam, bodgy soldering.

Everything else on the speaker stand looks nicely presented, the speakers themselves look like a DIY project.

Nah, be fair. Like $150 material and like 40 man hours. It's boutique remember.

Having said that I would hate to be the guy assembling these, getting paid a modest wage only to have what took you no more than a week to make be sold for more than you could earn in a few years.

Plenty of scams in audio industry but that's not one. Just ridiculous pricing for a product which does exactly what it's supposed to.

>Plenty of scams in audio industry but that's not one.
>Just ridiculous pricing for a product which does exactly what it's supposed to.
>that's not one
>Just ridiculous pricing

Pretty tacky looking

>Are you fucking stupid?
>completely confirm his point in the next line

Looks awesome to me. Dual monoblocks with separate power supplies in aluminum cases, just gorgeous. Perfect amplifiers too; 450w into 8 ohms, 900 into 4 and 1800 into 2.
Your mid-fi can't do that. Look at the specs for these bad boys. How heavy too to drive that much power. World class.

>World class.

where in the world would you need that kind of power? Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed, but ffs it's like having SPL automotive competition-class power in your home.

>say goodbye to every window the moment you turn it up.

They're supplying a demand.

>bioshock

what the fuck went wrong?

This speaker design makes me want to kill myself.

The casing looks good. The speakers themselves look tacky as fuck.

The dark foam is just sheets of cheap shit glued to the aluminium strips which are just slotted into the top parts.
Gaskets are just glued straight to the aluminium strips.
The copper rods are just glued into holes in the aluminium.
They just stuff wool into the center.
The soldering is just reflow.

Rich people man.
The power is handy when say there's a double bass drum or very power music, like a canon shot. You want lots of power for that so the amplifier doesn't clip.
My stereo is

>standby power consumption 225W

I want the watt/puppy's, now that they are discontinued they can be had for $6-8k or so, reasonable compared to the 25k when new.

Ya and 3600watts max each. lol That's 60amps at 120V or 4 circuits normally.
I can still dream though.

>No thread locking compound for a large subwoofer

The brass alone is worth more than that

Speakers look beautiful but I thought the same thing for the materials too. Rest looked high end and the design is really something. Love to hear them but unless I win the powerball, never going to happen.

they are using analogue crossovers... and not hexamped digital....

>DROPPPED

>+$500000

ayy

What demand? That one rich guy that wipes his brow with hundreds?

That's all the demand you need.

>bought our shit goys!

>c'mom, that's not a lot of sheekels

If you're retarded I guess

>the design is the key

>make a successful business scamming dumb rich people
Sounds like a win to me.

>2 tweeters? what's you need is 100 tweeters

>raise your cables, bought our raisers, they are very cheap goys

My inner poorfag is triggered knowing people can afford this shit, and I'm struggling with a dead end job to make ends meat. I haven't been able to afford any thing hobby related at all for over two years now.

Post sexy HiFi equipment please.

Welcome to the club. Now add on a mortgage, condo fees and no education yet I need to make $75k/yr to elevate myself to poorfag.
I used to 'help' these kinds of rich people but they never helped me.

$32k here, must be nice owning your own home.

I doubt I get to keep it. Frantically looking for work and applying for school before the money runs out. Right now, it's pure stress and my home costs $3500/mo to keep and it's value has dropped considerably where I live so even if I sell I'll still owe more than $100k with nothing to show. So fun times.

He is right, it's all about demand

I remember looking at 99.999% silver interconnects with teflon dielectric, $200 for like 1/2 meter lengths. Did some digging in the 90's and found the company that made the wire itself, no ends. Would sell me 100ft of it for about $200. Buy nice gold ends, $50 and take it to a jeweler to solder with silver, $20. Ta da!

is that a fucking wood woofer?

I can't imagine 100 tweeters being any good with how waves interact

>drops 500k on speakers
>still uses tape instead of .flac

wtf

I want to try one of those test systems and play some weeb shit on it.

>material and man hours
There's more than just material and assembly involved in production.
You have to consider the costs of the machining time for all of the metal and wood parts, and someone has to epoxy together and finish all that wood.
Pretty much everything except for the tiny screws, bolts, and wires look like they were fabricated on-site, and by the looks of it, it's basically a fully equipped machine shop.
That's easily over 100 man hours on this thing.

I bet this isn't even rated for 10Gbit.

It's probably 20bit digital tape or he's an analogue purist using studio gear.
Hard core audiophiles still rock turntables. Good turntable needs can set you back over $1000. There's even an audiophile laser turntable that's still all analogue for audio reproduction but doesn't touch the vinyl. Those used to be $20000.

>turntable needs
turntable needles

You laugh you lose.

I think it's passive

what did they mean by this?

It actually works. Has to do with delaying or handling high frequencies I believe. Low frequencies travel inside the wire, high frequencies outside.
Another way is to lean the speaker back, which is why you'll see speakers with the tweeter further away from the listener than the mid or bass drivers.
I bought some high end speaker wire (low end of the high end). Was like $500 for a pair, and yes it did make a difference but I didn't believe it until I tried it and a couple others.
Now I use solid core copper coated in silver for those high frequencies. Poor man's alternative but you can hear a difference, though not huge over say 12ga stranded speaker wire.

>audiophile ethernet cable

>Low frequencies travel inside the wire, high frequencies outside.
wew

That is actually true...
...but not for fucking digital Ethernet

not him but that true for high impedance cable

You mean on the edge of the wire. Not on the "outside."

It's a lie. It is a complete lie that tries to support a "feature" their cables have.

Electricity doesn't care what direction it travels down a wire. It makes zero difference. Especially seeing it is DIGITAL and not analog.

The 1s and 0s aren't going to give a shit and it will have zero impact on the quality of the audio as it won't affect the digital to analog conversion in any way.

It is literally just little painted arrows on the cable boots.

Yup, once you go digital it's completely pointless. All that matters is how much bandwidth the cable can handle. Only matters in the analogue world for many reasons, interference being another, hence XLR inputs.

Are those cables for ethernet, like 802.3 shit? I figured perhaps high end gear just uses RJ45 now for interconnects and not RCA.

Yes, outside but this shit have nothing to do with the audiophile world. Thats why people are fooled.

I lost, fuck

Looks nice tho

audioquest.com/ethernet/diamond
They're literally Cat 7 Ethernet.

In the directionality paragraph they talk about connections from NAS to Router, Router to Network Audio Player, so we are definitely talking digital here.

>invite qt over to listen to some music
>she walks over and sits in one of your speakers

do they have hi-fi mobos, CPUs and HD/SSDs also?

>if we add more capacitors it will make the music sound better!

$8995

youtube.com/watch?v=adTecwbWwNI

how is it any different than people spending $5000 on their computers when all they do is go on Sup Forums and play Minecraft? sure, you can justify the 7700k and the 1080, but what about the $1000 custom water loops or the $300 RGB strips? $1000 cases, custom sleeved cables for pure aesthetics?

what does it matter to you what someone else does with their money?

Difference is that most people know adding 300$ of rgb lights to their PC is just for looks, and if you have the technical know how to do a custom very pretty loop, you also know you're paying for appearances- a *ton* of audiophiles buy because they legitimately believe adding witchcraft to their system will make it sound better,

Fools and their money are soon parted.

>no active components
>just metal bars connecting all the jacks in the bus
>its like adding another octave to my speakers
I love this.

Agree, I want play Drake on it

there's six woofers per tower (at least, there might be more on the sides). the centre drivers are the tweeters, with the drivers on the left and right are probably 2" midrange drivers

Most of those systems are still worth that money even though you aren't using them to their potential.

All the videos in this channel are memes

If you hear from good speakers they do sound better

A phoolish demand.

youtube.com/watch?v=dOwqyWdsWrE
I bet the marble version adds two octaves to your speakers.

kek

Yes, buy the powerslave goyim

>audiofool claims to be skeptical

I wish this were a joke.

Too bad where they store their music is more important.
We should market some audiophile hard drives while the getting is good. Paint them silver and slap a gold sticker on them. That should make the music sound better.

>also has an artfool painting
Sasuga.

Just buy for your hard drives.

Tubes are 1st and 3rd order harmonic distortion, sound warm and nice. Combined with electrostats.. perfect setup for vocals but bad bass response and usually lacks that power to drive powerful music when needed.

But our drives will be silver and have gold stickers thus reflecting cosmic rays and making the music sound better!
And for over 9000 dollars you can have one too!!

>Tubes are 1st and 3rd order harmonic distortion
That's very funny, user. Did you study the sales material?

I bet they just sell Audio NAS instead at four or five figure prices with WD Greens inside.

Audiophiles won't be buying that. People with heaps of money to piss away and something to try and impress people when they go to their music room

>zvex
oh no, it's retarded

>Hard core audiophiles still rock turntables

for the same reason they use tube amps: they are old as fuck and can't hear anymore

electronics engineering technology before I dropped it.