Guts thread

What cases have inverted motherboard trays? I'm autistic and I want the case window to be on the left side of the case.
I know of the bitfenix prodigy M but already owned that and the windows aren't nice.

Pic related, current set up but I want a smaller case.

Also guts thread I suppose?

>I want the case window to be on the left
Then you want a normal case, retard.
Unless you actually meant the right, in which case you do want an inverted motherboard tray but you are still retarded for not knowing the difference between right and left.

Also, it's called a BTX case, try searching that.

This poo is really not in use now, waiting for better bios for ram issues and better oc.
Hearing possibilities up to 4ghz ram in the future with the new agesa update.. Doubt my shit mobo will get something like that tho.

No idea about such cases, but I remember modding cases like that was all the rage back in the day.. Never could figure out why tho, seemed pretty useless.

Supposed to be better thermally by making more room for airflow and spacing out hot components like GPU and PSU, supposedly has better mounting points for things like heatsinks to put less stress on the board.

It never took off even though it was supposed to replace ATX.

>running air
kek, no

if you're facing the same way as the case does it's the left of the case idiot.

>Durrr if you have your back turned to the case or you're looking at the back of it it's on the left!

Certified 100% retarded. It's a computer, not a car. You don't reference it from that point of view because that's not the perspective you use it from jackass. Who the fuck thinks like that?

>water cooling ryzen
whats the point?

>His "retirement home" pc has a better GPU than my main computer

Sucks being poor

I had the Nepton 140XL from my previous Intel build. Why wouldn't I reuse it?

I don't want a different motherboard, just a case with inverted mounting.

You ever think about cleaning up that mess?

Compared to ATX, BTX is a completely different, physically incompatible (and now obsolete) form-factor. OP just want a case that flips a regular ATX motherboard upside-down.

Off the top of my head:
Silverstone TJ08-E (mATX)
Silverstone FT04 (ATX)
Corsair 600C (ATX)

Thanks for the suggestions. Sadly the Silverstone TJ08-E while being a lovely case doesn't have support for more than 1 120mm fan when I have to have at least 2 not in 240/2x120mm confirguation.

I have a fractal design core 500 on its way
and i was wondering what the best fan setup would be for my top mounted 280mm radiator
im currently using a HAF 932 and have my rad on the top with 140mm noctua fans pulling up and out of the case
i like this setup for ease of cleaning dust off the radiator and getting the hot cpu air out of the case right away
but i heard a positive airflow is better for SFF so should i have it setup as an intake with the fans on the top or bottom of the rad?
picrelated (same case with same size radiator)

There's also the PS07, which is more or less the same as the TJ08-E inside but it has mounts for 2x120mm in front in addition to the one in the rear.

>positive airflow is better for SFF
Positive pressure is better for dust control, since as long as the intakes are filtered, dust will get trapped by the filters. In contrast, negative pressure will result in air coming in through every little crack and hole in the case, and dust along with it.

However, negative pressure CAN result in lower temperatures than positive pressure, but here it very much depends on the design of the case, locations of heat sources (including radiators), etc. It's not so clear cut as saying one is better for temps.

In your case, if your priority is on dust control, you're probably going to want set the top fans in the Core 500 to intake, with perhaps a single exhaust fan on the back (if it fits).

A8-6600K @4.4GHz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
HD 6670 2GB
240GB hyperX ssd
2TB wd red

Upgraded to 32gb of vengeance white LED RAM, was using up my 16
Close to buying Ryzen for this PC but not quite there yet might go with 1700x

dont bother with 1700x, just get a 1700.

its going to be a fuckin squeeze man
since fractal design made the screw holes long slits for mounting the radiator i may be able to slide the rad all the way to the front and still have room for an exhaust fan on the back
worse comes to worse i can mount the exhaust fan on the outside of the case
pretty zozzed that ill have to give up my 5.25 fan controller in order to fit the radiator in
the motherboard i bought only has 2 fan connectors and i need 4. 1 for the exhaust fan, 2 rad fans and then the pump luckily my old case came with molex to fan adapters plus the low noise adapters from the noctuas i think ill just make it

ill have to post pics in a later thread when i get it all together when the case comes on monday
annoyed that ill have to reinstall window for probably the third time this year