cnet.com/products/dell-ultrasharp-2208wfp/specs/
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
youtube.com/watch?v=hrbGaWusKt8
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
locusonus.org/soundmap/
pastebin.com/AvndCg53
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for reddit

Ok Sup Forums, I was downloading some stuff from ftp://weebftp.org/ w/ Chromium and a login prompt popped up, and I clicked enter. After that, I kept getting ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE and can't access the website at all? Any ideas on how to fix this so I can access the website?

What would be a good language to develop a very simple platforming game in?
I know Java and C# but want to learn C anyway.

>
>

Someone can tell me the filters? or another program?

do you want to write a game or make an engine?
for the former take any existing game engine.
for the latter any language you want is fine. I wouldn't recommend the C meme. OOP is a thing.

An engine ideally, yeah.
I've heard Java isn't great for that kind of stuff so I'll have a look into C# for it. Thanks!

>C#
You mean C++

Anybody like LXQt? I considered installing along side i3 with Arch.

Do I need to learn C before C++?
What are some recommended resources for learning ++?

No.

Missed the end of the old thread, reposting.

How familiar should I be with a command prompt in a world where windows 10 is the dominant OS? I really don't know much about it at all.

the fuck
someone already knows java but is learning C++ to make a simple platform game?

what level of java are we talking here?
hellow world?

depends all on what you want to do and where you mostly are..
new creators update switched cmd for powershell
and if you want to say about yourself that you are an experienced power user on windows.. then learning some powershell might do you good

What are some things Mac OS does better than Windows or Linux?

It takes a LARGE CHUNK of the tech illiterate and pushes them on their mac tech support nonsense

I'm getting rid of an old monitor. Should I bother throwing it up on craigslist for 50bux or just recycle it outright and save myself some time?

cnet.com/products/dell-ultrasharp-2208wfp/specs/

What could it be?

I tried to learn C today.
So I downloaded the 2th editon of C the programming lang by Ritchie Kernighan.
Reads first few pages and tries to compile hello world program,
Apparently function ()main does not work without a return type since introduction of C99.
Shuld I continue to read this book or is there a better C learning material out there?

Im having some trouble booting windows 7 from a usb. Im using windows 10 right now. I used rufus to format it then put a 7 iso on there.
It shows up in the boot menu but if i select it i just get a blank screen and nothing happens. Waited 10 minutes or so just to make sure it wasnt being a slow bitch but no dice.
I ran the windows 7 iso in a vm so i know it works. Im not sure why its not working, i know ive done the same thing on other machines and its worked fine.

USB 3 drivers?

Where can I find out what the CMD switches are and mean?
I.e. -o or -g.

Throw it up for 150 and say you're open to offers in the add.You can probly get 100.

Yeah, 2 usb 3 ports and 1 thunderbolt port. All the drivers are good.

Am I missing something?
Using the youtube data api, it won't fucking return any thumbnails above high resolution, (meaning no standard or maxres). I can't peg the issue down. It's not my code, I can flip flop between the lower resolutions without trouble. Only thing I can think of is that standard and maxres are locked unless using OAuth (because I'm not)? I know the maxres images for the videos in question exist, the api just won't return them.

I have an ac adapter with 12V written on it but the multimeter reads a constant 20V

Is there a reason for this?

Use the media creation kit

for windows stuff, try "command /?", for anything else, try "command --help" (typically brief) or "man command" (typically more comprehesive)

No, I'm asking if your processor is skylake or newer

My bad. Yeah ive got a kabylake

Yeah, if you haven't patched the installer with usb3 drivers, I'd start there. And make sure rufus did a uefi compatible mode.

Is there a better way to populate a tuple with return values?

my_tuple = tuple([f(i) for i in my_list])

Oh, for real my dude? That'd be great. Thanks for the heads-up.

thanks, i think it's gcc related though.
i'm trying to get c++ to compile through notepad++. i can get c compiled and running, but every time i try g++, it just returns with exit code 1 and nothing else.

I don't get the C++ one

>want to bookmark my Sup Forums settings so I can use them immediately when I "Open in Incognito Window"

How do I get a URL with my saved settings without saving a whole thread? For example, I can only access "export settings" when I'm in a thread (pic related).
I just want a bookmark on Chrome that goes straight to my catalog with all my saved settings. Possible?

why can you only export settings while in a thread?
I can press it while just having the board open.

Do quad core CPUs run hotter than a dual core?
I actually wouldn't mind further insight/advice about this.

I bought two completely different laptops this week
One is for work, the other is for playing my games when away from pc

I found out that while my work pc has a pretty old dedicated GPU with 1GB of DDR5 vram, it has a quad core CPU with a much higher clock speed than my gaming laptop
Whereas my gaming laptop has a dual core but a dedicated GPU with 2GB DDR5 vram

I'm thinking about getting rid of the gaming laptop, however I noticed that my quad core laptop runs at like 60c~70c when playing games while my dual core laptop is 40c~50c

Is the quad core's temps fine?

Plex isnt picking up on certain seasons within folders.They are all padded (S01 S02 S03) but it isnt picking up on season 1.It dosent even list it anywhere within the shows

On Sup Forums.

See what I mean?

you need to be on the normal page, not the catalog.

Cmd+[keyboard shortcut] is actually a whole lot comfier than Ctrl+[same shortcut].

oh you the GOAT. Thanks user.

The Pirate Bay is a ghost town these days and PublicHD is no more.
Where do you chaps find decent-quality TV rips?

you probably also can just add the catalog url before the #.
it might just work too if you want a directlink to the catalog.
Though I can't check the source of the native expansion to verify this.

rarbg

VERIFIED.

Just what I wanted. Thank YOU.

zooqle

2 questions Sup Forums.

1. My desktop is always on. What do I need to be able to access files in anywhere via a web browser.

2. Is it possible to have a text file that is password protected even if I move it around devices like my phone or USB

Tpb is barely functional at this point. Half the torrents are fake anf everything is in a disorganised state.

ftp
if you use encryption that is avalible on all devices yes

How the fuck do I stop windows from automatically adjusting my mic volume constantly?

If I say something loudly for half a second it'll cut the input to 50% and just leave it there so it's essentially muted. If I have any ambient noise in the background it'll just slowly go down by 1% every few minutes as I talk until I have to go into the settings and move it back to 100%. I've tried googling and calling corsair (headset manufacturer) for help and no one seems to have an answer that actually works. Everyone says to try disabling 50 things and see if that works but half of the settings don't even exist for the majority of users, including myself.

Is there ANY way to force my mic input to stay at 100% unless manually changed? Even if I had to install something to force it that would be fine

Looking for an ebook/PDF of Haskell Programming from First Principals, please.

Turn off what ever program you're usings mic actuation software

I redid it and made sure the drivers are good and theres a uefi option in the boot menu now, still doesnt load properly. Il keep messing with some stuff and see what happens. Just to make sure im not retarded in the bios menu i want to set the usb for option1 so it gets loaded first yes?

I dont have a key or i would.

Running Win10. A random program keeps opening and immediately closing before I can see what it is. I don't think it is the CMD and I ran a anti-virus scan and nothing came up. Is there a way to find out what it is. I seems to happen about once an hour.

>I seems to happen about once an hour.
Check task scheduler and see what's scheduled to run.

Did you specifically patch the drivers?

pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Yeah, you wan't USB listed first. You also want your sata in ahci mode, with raid turned off if it is an option. And you might have more luck setting uefi to legacy mode.

Nope, according to Task Scheduler it hasn't run anything since the last one.

Wait nvm I found it. I sorted last run time wrong. It is WinZipBackgroundToolsTask every hour indefinitely. Weird never noticed it before.

Thanks!

I've tried disabling auto-mic changes in all programs that I know have that setting and have tried turning off any programs I think might be causing issues like Skype but it still happens no matter what. I can have nothing open but the Microphone Properties page and it will still just go down as I make noise near the mic itself.

Google just shows everyone saying it's just a general Windows problem, others say they've fixed it by turning off settings in a panel that doesn't even exist for me, others say it's an issue in Windows/OSX/Linux, others say it's an issue just with the specific mic, no one seems to have a general way of fixing the problem except in very specific cases

1. Uninstall WinZip
2. Install 7zip

Anyone know that one Windows torrent client that has a built in search feature for torrents? The torrents sites I've been using are starting to dry up on things I'm looking for such as drawing software and books.

Yeah made sure of it. I didnt see an option for raid. Pic related is as far as it gets.

SYSREP failure to install question:

How do you initialize sysrep installation from the beginning if you already started it before, had to shut down in the middle of it, and cannot continue?

I get a message: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows Installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

I would click to continue, but my mouse and keyboard seem to be denied function/power at this point, so I can't move the mouse or anything. They don't even light up at this screen.

How can I proceed with installation?

qbittorent

I am newish to programming and I've heard that it's actually better to work from the bottom up, instead of top down.
Should I start with C?

To clarify, I have Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm trying to root a Kindle Fire HD8, I'm only finding instructions and files for the fire 7'. Are they the same thing?

Thanks, I'm such a idiot. Better install it now before I forget like all the other times.

>If a video is just pixels and colors inherent to the computer and monitor...
>Couldn't a super complex algorithm create photo realistic "2D" animation?

its said often because thats how it went in old timey schools
and now the people who are out of those school believe that their way was the correct way
I believe its a load of bullshit, especially for self taught people
this is not a fucking learning how to play guitar, and if you learn to hold a chord wrongly it will fuck you up
its just learning and most important thing is that you keep learning

if you go to school with objective to end up as a software enfineer then whatever
its no harm to go from basic and spend 6 months doing bullshit and learning how much memory integer takes

but for self teaching... thats just really wrong IMO
because the most precious resource you have is your own enthusiasm, drive and potential for projects that you can do do with what you learn.
and learning low level is a cold ruthless killer of that. You will be unable to do anything with what you learn for a very very long time

stop being retard who always asks what to learn
the number #1 recommended language for beginners is python
go with python, python is enough for huge number of tasks

learn C if you will need that extra performance in some aspects
learn java if you will need to go android
learn javascript if you will need to tinker with web
learn C# if you will want to really target that windows desktop market

Is there any corsair software you have installed?
Try removing it and see what happens.
Likewise do you have a special driver that you installed with it? See if it needs an update and if not,remove it and see if this happens with the basic HID drivers

Is there a way to change the default zoom level on firefox? I have a new computer and everything is too damn small.

sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=hrbGaWusKt8

I am looking for a Firefox proxy plugin. Not a list, an actual plugin that activates that company's proxy. Preferably account-free.

If you are aware of another browser that works better for this, please let me know.

is there a /g approved debloated win 10? i swear ive seen it posted in a few of these threads, but i never thought to save it for future use. im just looking to put it on an older laptop that i originally removed 10 from a while ago because i hated all the extra BS like cortana, telemetry, and fucking windows defender using 30+% of my cpu even after i disabled everything relating to it

not switching to another os because im doing this solely to farm shit in games while using my desktop. i want to install it and go, not fuck around in linux or some other os i havent used yet

>is there a /g approved debloated win 10?
yeah

1. uninstall windows 10
2. install gentoo
3. ???
4. PROFIT

I mean...
It's just color right?
It's an illusion of layers.

It's not what a face can do that they should look for.
It's to find all things a face can't do, and exclude them. Colors a face shouldn't have, or a percentage of how much it can have. Movements it can't make.

Uncanny valley is when we see a fake face do something we've never seen a face do.

I have antergos linux, not windows 10.

>install gentoo
>not fuck around in linux or some other os
nope

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI
or just keep setting zoom in firefox
it will remember the zoom next time

What's the best topology for an IF bandpass filter with a very very very high Q, like well into the thousands.

f0 isn't terribly important, I'm thinking around 50kHz but I can move it up or down a bit without impacting anything. Bandwidth needs to be very narrow, like no more than 10Hz preferably even less than that. Should have a flat passband. Butterworth response preferred but Chebyshev might be okay if it's REALLY low ripple in the passband, stopband I don't care so much about. Rolloff needs to be very sharp. As close to an ideal bandpass filter as possible. I wanna be at like -60dB only a few hertz outside of the passband.

I'm figuring passive LC filters are the only way to realize the high Q but I will need to amplify the signal afterwords. I don't think any active filters can achieve such a high Q unless you do like a 50-pole filter or something ridiculous. Might be able to do passive LC filters but using gyrators instead of inductors in the event I need very high inductances.

How do I go about downloading a copy of Windows 10 LTSB? All I can find is the 90 day trials, which I can't appear to activate.

In Win 7, can you access regedit during post or in a BIOS menu?

Can you access it before the windows loading menu?

How can I get the list of active streams on locusonus.org/soundmap/ without loading the map? I just want it for my low-end Android phone without the unnecessary bloat.

you can boot some OS from usb key, mount the windows drive and edit registry hive directly on the disk
I think theres some utility for it
google hiren

I'm a liberal arts fag that knows nothing about Programming, outside of a shitty high school class I took. Now I'm going to law school, but I want a buffer if that ends up going south somehow.

Where do I start? I need a comprehensive learning experience. If Pakistani simpletons can do this, I assume I can get at least, somewhat, competent.

How bitcoin mining works?
What is exactly mining?

is there a good alternative to FRAPS for seeing my framerate in game? I don't care about any other features

MSI afterburner.

very very basic version:
you use your computers computing power to do math shit. pretty much pointless atm unless you buy the new $1k+ mining machines, and even those will probably be obsolete within 2 years.

dumb frog poster, dont bother your life is already a waste, make like your GET and kill yourself

chekt
its literally impossible to hate on quads senpai, youre just jealous

all glory to the quad 6's

So in simple words, im selling my computing power to companies and i get paid for it?

Also at the cost of your power bill.

>those quads

read thisthen go on reddit, subscribe to /r/python /r/learnpython /r/learnprogramming and whatever other subreddits that are there

paste about learning python
pastebin.com/AvndCg53

Is
TechPlay ODC35BT
Any good?
Family member asked me and i cant find shit for reviews anywhere.