Is it true that you can increase your IQ by ~10-40% through training?

Is it true that you can increase your IQ by ~10-40% through training?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/you-can-increase-your-intelligence-5-ways-to-maximize-your-cognitive-potential/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001127
voanews.com/a/study-more-education-increases-iq-score-136593433/169492.html
iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSo5v5t4OQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>IQ
meme

IQ means literally nothing. All that matters is your appearance and social skills.

No, you can only train yourself in solving IQ test's bullshit puzzles.

>IQ is a meme

If you are a stemlord you will be very high IQ.

>If you study something hard enough, you're sure to become more knowledgeable about it.

Is this what you mean user? If so, yes.

No one understands IQ it is too complex.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/you-can-increase-your-intelligence-5-ways-to-maximize-your-cognitive-potential/

You can boost intelligence probably though. But it takes a lot of effort and is mentally draining.

I don't know about 40 points, but when I studied nursing they told me that the retards they did IQ tests on always became increasingly good at them.

Of course you can teach yourself to become good at recognizing certain patterns.

This guy has a high iq. Listen him op.

IQ is the greatest predictor of socioeconomic success: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001127

Sorry brainlets

you can sure decrease it by that much

i am a living example

in school i scored 160 something or whatever

now it's probably like 120 or something

i neeted straight out of high school and have been doing nothing for 7 years lol and by brain has rotted in my skull

i wonder if i can get it back

10% is pretty much within error margin so yeah

I'm pretty sure mine has decreased that much. In school it got tested twice and I got 142 and 143.

Now I struggle to solve very basic problems, I'm retarded as fuck.

If you care about IQ, it's because you cannot handle the actual complexity of life and the many factors that contribute to success and failure, and would rather just give it a number so you can compare numbers with people and declare yourself the winner, thereby making it not your fault that your parents are ashamed of you.

Caring about IQ doesn't sound very intelligent to me. (t.130)

IQ is a genetic thing, sorry. Germanics and East Asians have the highest IQs and it really shows.

Define IQ

Yes. The first time I ever saw an IQ test I scored 87%. I went and learned WTF it was all about and now regularly score 127%.

I feel the same, it has a lot to do with insecurity though.

IQ is a retardation and autism test. No, you cannot make yourself autistic through training.
t. 120-145 because the test varies wildly

IQ is based on several factors, primarily your ability to handle unexplained stimulus. Just do pattern recognition and increase your vocab to score better on an iq test

Yes, education increses IQ and not learning anything decreases it. Source: voanews.com/a/study-more-education-increases-iq-score-136593433/169492.html There's an actual study PDF out there but I can't fnd it

What's it like being white and having a hot mommy like Nicole Kidman

>mfw got tested at 135 at some "official" organization years ago
>still is a completely bullshit metric

>I know that feel

135 but unable to digest new information

>tfw IQ is to high to measure

forgot the wojak aha

holy shit, she's so ugly

You can't brainlet.

>Germanics

That's wrong though. Italians have the highest IQ after Asians

iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

Must be a completely bullshit metric

you're probably right lol

i tried going back to school this past spring and i am slower than some remedial tards who i wouldn't have associated with in a million years and made me uncomfortable because my instinct to perceive them as plebs is still here with no real justification

they are right when they say if you don't use it you lose it

and now i'm someone who is both dumb and pretentious which is an unlikable combination but at least i'm good at using gnu/linux r-right?

dis truth

the vast majority of people already do this online via social media.

in fact this may be one of the major reasons why college educated people have higher IQ's by being around smart people alone.

>you could raise your IQ without getting a college degree just by being friends with smart people

Nobody tops Ashkenazi Jews.

Also, they site is biased to some studies done by Lynn et al. In another study, he had the Germans and Dutch at 107.

Fish oil

You're not wrong with your green text. A person is influenced heavily by the people they surround themselves with. Smokers influence you to smoke, fatties influence you to become fat, nerds influence you to become nerds, etc.

Italians can be really smart and capable, but their politics ruin everything, since there's corruption and organized crime infesting all levels of society, which makes it harder to advance as a community.
This obviously leads to many problems of all kinds, since nothing ends up working properly.

On top of that, the more you go south, the more you see a jungle culture of "if everyone is cheating and getting ahead by being dishonest I'm not gonna be the only retard getting fucked by being honest".

Italy is literally "wasted potential: the country", and is the perfect argument for nurture overriding nature.

t. Non-Italian living in Italy.

You can learn to increase your performance on IQ tests, yes.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSo5v5t4OQM

For the most part an IQ test is merely spewing out pre ordained answers.
Nothing to indicate creativity. Or even the ability to string points of knowledge together to create an accurate assumption of a new topic.
The two parts of what makes someone more likely to be of value to any field.
Listing off the laws of physics does nothing to progress knowledge. And often limits others via group think bullying.

You will often see someone make a thread on Sup Forums about X they probably just learnt in college. In an attempt to hoard it over others, just to be smacked down by others that strive for better.
Intellectualism should not be constrained to a box of what is 'known'. At lest not anymore. Access to accurate information is all too easy these days, making the old world value of readily available facts and figures in ones head somewhat obsolete.
It's what you're able to do with it that's the matter.
An engineer has knowledge of may types of supports and hinges. But should none of those be applicable would he be able to create a new system?

How would such a thing be measured.
There was an attempt?
Close but no good?
Some success?

There needs to be a serious rework of how we define intelligence.

I lost all faith in them when i noticed that on separate occasions tests used concepts that are fundamentally similar to concepts seen in programming and math.

I garuntee you could get a better score by learning to program well.

Why only 40%?

If you can practice tennis, why wouldnt you be able to practice and learn answering stupid pattern recognition problems on a piece of paper?

It's not fucking magic, no matter how much Sup Forumsniggers want it to be.

WTF. This is nigger of white race.

It goes up by about 5-20% when you have a regular source of nicotine.

Though, that also decreases your average lifespan by 20-30%

We have a word for this: Learning