Windows 10 Enterprise is safe? Think again!

There's no escape from the botnet when you use Windows. Security research who promoted Win10 Enterprise is now back tracking.

xato.net/windows-spying-and-a-twitter-rant-19203babb2e7?gi=25d5cc5a539b

>I made mistakes on my original testing and therefore saw more connections than I should have, including some to Google ads.
>You can cut back even more using the Windows Restricted Traffic Limited Functionality Baseline but break many things.
>Settings can be set wrong if you aren't paying attention. Also, settings are not consistent and can be confusing to beginners.
>You are opted-in to just about everything by default and have to set hundreds of settings to opt out, even on an Enterprise Windows system. Sometimes multiple settings for the same feature. Most Microsoft documentation discourages opting out and warns of a less optimal experience... But you can't completely opt-out. Windows still tracks too much.
>Home and Professional users are much worse off due to limitations of some settings and lack of an IT staff... I'm not saying ditch Windows. I'm saying let's fix this. If we can't fix it, then we ditch Windows.

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2017/05/23/windows-10-china-government-edition/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Windows 10 Enterprise is safe
Windows 10 Enterprise is GAY! GAY! Fucking GAY!
Fuck that jewish botnet system! (((Windows))) is what (((they))) WANT you to use!
>but muh gaymes
Developers will start making games for other platforms if there's a big enough market demand in another platform. The beauty of capitalism is that whenever there's a market need, profiteers will show up to meet that need!

TAKE YOUR JEWISH BOTNET SYSTEM AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS! WIPE THE DRIVE AND INSTALL GENTOO TODAY

>GNU+Linux becomes popular
>gaymers and grandmas start using it
>cyka malware authors target it
>systemd wars intensify exponentially
>fast forward five years
>Sup Forums memes people into installing vista on their chinkpads

There is no systemd war.

Only systemd shitposting, which helps spread systemd.

The thing about linux is that users are not tied to things like systemd.
And you can change whatever you want.
Also more users means more contribution. Even if it's just a bug report.

This, GNU/Linux is great precisely because there are no set standards that you absolutely have follow if you don't want to.

Systemd is "the standard," I guess you could say, but you're not limited to that. You have choices still. That's why I hope normies never jump on board en masse, because everything has to be locked down and dumbed down to accommodate them.

I hope GNU/Linux never becomes popular with normies, I enjoy my freedom.

Soon enough you won't have any choice. Embrace the future or rewrite everything yourself.

>but break many things.
what actually breaks, they say this but never actually specify the features in question, is it just live tiles and similar bullshit that doesn't even ship with LTSB variants?

>ever thinking windows or osx is safe
>implying it even matters when you use an intel cpu to begin with
cant not be fucked

what I don't get

>complains about windows spying
>I have to turn off uMatrix, allowing google to collect my data
it's all the same

>Windows Restricted Traffic Limited Functionality Baseline
What the fuck is wrong with microsoft

>This, GNU/Linux is great precisely because there are no set standards that you absolutely have follow if you don't want to.
GNU/Linux has tons of standards, what you mean is there is no "standard" software stack.
>That's why I hope normies never jump on board en masse, because everything has to be locked down and dumbed down to accommodate them.
That's a pretty arrogant and ironically infantile, simplistic perspective on the issue from someone who doesn't even know what that means to begin with. There's very little truly "dumbed down" or "locked down" aspects of most mainstream platforms relative to each other, only dumb users who don't understand weak locks. It's simply easier to be spoonfed ways around those locks in the GNU space, which is why you think that way.

blah blah blah, this looks like the drivel of a self-important fag.

open a few books, learn a bit about what you're talking about, and think before you actually say anything. You may even start to make sense.

engadget.com/2017/05/23/windows-10-china-government-edition/

Get this version if you don't live in China.

That's some real nice projecting coming from a guy that buys into the normie bogeyman delusion and can unironically say or agree with the idea that there are "no set standards" in Linux operating systems with a straight face.

I've opened enough books and done enough things on a lot of different platforms, I think it's time you grew up as well and learned that there's more than one platform out there capable of running a compiler and a text editor.

>projecting
You pretty much said "I know you are but what am I?"

SO I didn't bother reading the rest of it after reading the word "projecting." I bet next you're going to start throwing around internet debator buzzwords like "strawman" and "ad hominem", right?

For fucks sake you need to stay on reddit with that shit.

i would love too, except its impossible to find.

>cyka malware authors target it
Good luck with that.

this. It just makes me want to die.

I don't trust Linux shills after they make complete fools of themselves claiming W10 was trying to connect to the internet thousands of times per day and then it was discovered that it was trying to sync its clock and weather but was being blocked.
You lose all credibility when you fuck up that badly on such a basic level.

bullshit. that's a cover-story. damage control because Microsoft got caught. it was doing more than that.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
>In Windows 10, version 1507 and Windows 10, version 1511, when you enable the Don't search the web or display web results in Search Group Policy, you can control the behavior of whether Cortana searches the web to display web results. However, this policy only covers whether or not web search is performed. There could still be a small amount of network traffic to Bing.com to evaluate if certain Cortana components are up-to-date or not. In order to turn off that network activity completely, you can create a Windows Firewall rule to prevent outbound traffic.

How is a company like this still in business?
Why don't we have proper competition?

>How is a company like this still in business?

Similar shit has been happening literally since Windows 95 with internet explorer
i hope there still people with memory what happened in these days, unless you are a underage millennial that don't even know basic computer history

That's pretty cool to see, even Chinese government wanted a W10 without that """time synchronising""" feature. NSA won.

Dude, your trip code is still there. . .

>Developers will start making games for other platforms if there's a big enough market demand in another platform.
Oh man, what a blast from the past. Been hearing this since the early 2000's.