/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

I'm contemplating on buying the 880s, but I feel like it will snap much faster than my m40s.

Are these durable?

They are damn durable; they won't snap. They're pretty comfy too. Even included a non-detachable cable to swing it around too; that's pretty much the only build issue I have with them.

What's the new best thing from Sennheiser now? I remember the HD 598 were the best you could get for your money (with that brand) but they have a whole new set of headphones now.

>Someone took the time to create this image
Are you trolling? I'm willing to revoke my original comment if you aren't; had pretty fond memories with my 770s. No build issue other than the cable being broken.

Would appreciate more opinions.

Looking for ~100$ IEMs with V-Shape signature and decent soundstage, preferrably chink or easy to find with international shipping.

You should probably do more research outside of Sup Forums.

I don't know any places that are reliable for earbud information.

>veiled

Is this ironic shitposting?

Can Sup Forums recommend me a decent bluetooth headphone.

I mostly listen to podcasts so I dont care about top tier audio quality but I would like decent battery life and sound cancellation.

I have a fat head and wear a 7 5/8 hat size. Just want something for when I run errands and shit

Thank you for not using a retarded anime girl in the pic, OP.

>decent
>bluetooth

pick one

This !

Wireless headphones in 2017 are fucked

How the fuck is this possible

>EarPods have shite acoustics (how did they stuff it up when there are 10dollar Phillips from 2012 that sound amazing)
>Bluetooth 5.0 is still using lossy that tops out at 128k
>apt-x got it right but is cucked by patents - no iOS or OSS support

We need some anons to make a some sort of free version of AirPlay that can do 24bit and won't suck battery and be as big as a freeking big as a smartphone..... Rreeeeeeeeeee

>caring about iShitters
Just lol. Dumb no headphone jack retards.

some of us need phones

That image is years old and used to shitpost just like the snapped Sennheisers or cherry picked FR plots are. Ignore it and make these threads better.

So are you looking for in ears?

Is this acceptable channel matching for $200 headphones?

sennheiser haters really are angry poorfags lmao. It's fucking weird.

>snapheiser haters are the poorfags when snapheiserfags consider their trash to be ''endgame''
Wait, maybe you said something different, I couldn't make it out through all that veil and mud

579 or 598?

'no'

Are status CB-1 any good?

beyer*snap*

HD600's been their absolute peak for a while now.
The "other peak" for poorfags is HD579 or HD599, nobody is sure which of the two because of the recent model refresh.

That's so cool. Totally found buried in a swamp.

I wonder if they still sound decent.

Looks like a terribly matched pair of some headphone with pretty good FR. It could be an early HD600, from when Sennheiser still had issues with driver matching. They're very careful these days, so you won't get to see (much less hear) that kind of thing anymore.

579 or 599.
HD598 is good, but these new models are both better.

Yes, very comfy, pretty neutral with some boosted bass.

Yeah, in ears. I think.
If that's the kind that blocks out noise and makes it so others can't hear my music, then yes.

in what way are they better?

and for that matter, in what way are any of the updates better than 595?

They're closer to HD600's FR, and reviewed favorably against the HD598.
But then again, I've only seen the FR plots and a few reviews, as I'm not about to buy them (I've got HD600). I'm sure you can actually go through a lot of them, as you're actually interested.

I already own 595 and other headphones so no real point in 599 for me. I just assumed they all have the same drivers.

and anyway, aren't 599 really close in terms of price to 600?

>I already own 595 and other headphones so no real point in 599 for me.
Sure, if you've already got something 5xx, only HD600 onward counts as a real sennheiser upgrade.
>and anyway, aren't 599 really close in terms of price to 600?
~$200 vs ~$400, no. But both models get sales once in a while.

$249.95 vs $288.00 on amazon right now. and $155.13 for hd598. can't imagine 599 sounds 95$ better.

Try camelcamelcamel for a more realistic view through price history. Also keep in mind HD598 has been discontinued, so they're not going to be available for long.

helppp

>v-shaped (non-professional signature preferred by ignorant riff-raff)
>high-end (i.e.: more than $100)
Pick either, not both.

1more triple driver.
If you go cheaper, Carbo Tenore or Soundmagic e10/e30.
If you want proper chinkshit, Xaomi Hybrids, Rock Zircon, or anything KZ.

Hie, I want to buy a close headphone under 100 euros (must be available in europe) for an every day use.
I'm currently one the Sony MDR-7506, because of the reputation, and for the price. But the problem is that a lot of comments are saying that this headphone is tiring.
Since I'll use it most of my day, that's a problem for me.
Is that a true statement?
And, maybe, is there another headphone under 100 which is better?
I prefer durability other quality of sound.

When I say i'm currently on it, I mean that's my current choice, to buy.

:(

>Angry poorfags
>Constantly shills HD 600s are literal end games
Lmao.

you dont need to be an icuck though

Earbuds are the lowest of the low. Get any other form factor, really.

so those clip over the ear earbuds are better

Yes, they are. About anything is better than earbuds.

I guess I could go neutral, It's just that I have that on most of my headphones, looking for something slightly more fun.

user is confusing iem's for ear buds I think.

>Inb4 grab full-sized headphones instead of IEMs
There's also this dude

I experienced a crack on the gimbal of my DT880 PRO, luckily I was able to replace it.

Yeah, I think so too.
IEMs are obviously a world better than earbuds.

If you want to try v-shaped, you should probably do it with EQ or with full-sized headphones.
Remember IEMs go into your ears... a little too much treble there can actually kill your hearing.

Thinking about trying to upgrade from my Fidelio X1's as they're nearly four years old now and the non-replaceable earpads are getting a little gross. X2's seem pretty obvious and I have no complaints at all about that sound signature, but I can afford to spend a little bit more than these days if there's something worth it.

Anything "similar but better" than the X2's? I don't really have a set budget, but I would prefer not to spend a fortune. Let's say $500 top end with a little bit of give there maybe.

What are the best Sennheiser's i can get for 150?

Headphones rather, not particularly interested in sennheiser.

HD558? HD598?

What about the new ones?

No measurements on the HD579.

Are there any type of sale's coming? Then maybe i could get the 599.

Sennheisers rarely go on sale and they're strict at times with their minimum advertised price, it's why the HD599 is $250 at the moment, maybe in a few years the price will drop steadily.

M1060s

it's actually 191 for me, i'm from europe, i have multiple amazon's that i can buy from.

Damn, someone should make a sennheiser chart, from the best to the worst, it just get's confusing to launch a new product that is worse than the previous one.

H E L P,
LOOK AT MEE

first time poster on Sup Forums, so I don't know if this has been addressed. I want to use my David Clarke aviation headset for tf2 and the like. Is it possible and is it a good viable option.

Yeah, but it shouldn't matter anyway. Mistook your comment with 559s. I wonder why they didn't just include 519s into their lineup.

What's the price of the HD600?
Should be possible but aren't these headsets designed for voice and not multimedia? Looks expensive too.

286, i wanted those but it's just too much.

They ended up introducing the 579's so, there's still 4 (with the 569).

I've little concern for price, but you make a valid point about what the headset is made for and how it will preform outside of its proposed use

They are great noise isolating headphones though

>M1060s
lol, are those literal Audeze ripoffs? mite b cool

Damn, now that's confusing.

What about noise isolation, does it influence being open or closed? How are the sennheiser's?

>HD600's been their absolute peak for a while now.
>for a while
>Introduced in 1998.

>Budget
>Source
Computer, likely to purchase a Origen+.
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Comfy
>Sound signature
Warm or neutral.
>Past headphones
Koss Portapro, Audio Technica M50, and Sennheiser HD 600.

Let me guess: Autism?

ADD.

another pair of hd 600

>

No, I am selling my pair of HD 600s and I'm not interesting in having another..

Obsessive-compulsive + autism.
They read "for a while" literally + couldn't resist urge to correct. OMFG, somebody is wrong on the internet (!).

Did they snap?

Ayy

I wouldn't be able to sell them if they did :P

>Selling
>HD600
I'd suggest grabbing that micca+ or whatever Good Source thing first.

monoprice m560

>:P
Kindly fuck off :^)

>using the smiley with the carat nose

Thanks

Are the 599 better than the 598?

>selling the world's best headphone

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Aftermarket power supplies as opposed to wall wart are placebo, right?

>World's best headphone
Sir, stop this shilling right this instant!

Yes.

yes

I know the Audeze LCD-2 absolutely BTFOs my HD650. But it's at $1000.

Is there something that's in between the two?

>I know the Audeze LCD-2 absolutely BTFOs my HD650.
Do you know for certain?

I listened to it myself.