Amazon tech jobs

Amazon has tons of datacenter tech jobs available and they all offer onsite training with few requirements.

Anyone ever work for them, seems way too good to be true

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/07/the-details-about-the-cias-deal-with-amazon/374632/
glassdoor.com/job-listing/field-technician-amazon-JV_IC1140171_KO0,16_KE17,23.htm?jl=2426621751
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I worked in the warehouse and management was pretty low brow. The IT guys were all stand up, though.

They work you too hard, but otherwise they are alright. Wages aren't as competitive anymore. Everyone whines that they want yes men, but there isn't a company with that many employees that isn't like that.

Also, be white and male or leave after 2 years. Tons of shit out there about them being idiots about this shit.

It'll probably be night shifts too. I currently work normal 9-5 hours in a data centre in England (not Amazon) for £23,000 a year. Another company offered me £17,000 to do 12-hour night shifts, 7pm-7am. I turned them down, but if you can handle that, you can probably handle the Amazon job.

Pajeets only.

The jobs offering are required by law to make it seem fair, but they really just hire slave pajeets.

Didn't work tech for them, but did work pack. Was worked 60 hours a week. Had fuck huge blisters on feet after 2 days. Would not recommend.

I'm thinking about Field Technician so it probably can't be at night

All the amazon data center jobs in my area have this requirement.

>Possess an active Top Secret (TS) security clearance with SCI eligibility

Amazon works you to death, if thats your thing go for it.
If you don't want to rent yourself into slavery go work somewhere else.

How many of you have actually worked tech at amazon and how many are just regurgitating what you see here and on reedit? Genuinely curious.

What did they mean by this?

Are you paid hourly or salaried? Because I don't care ignore I'm working 60 hours a week that are properly paid. Salaried is for cucks.

On the other side of the equation you get people working 30-40 hours a week who are perfectly happy to be salaried.

Unless your company is forcing you to work a shit ton of hours all the time, i dont see the issue.

Bezos is the biggest kike out there, so unless you're management prepare to be squeezed dry and disposed for the next cuck in line

Never worked for amazon but thats just the general opinion from everyone who ever did.
You'll always have a couple of pissed of ex employees who talk shit, but when pretty much everyone says amazon is a shitty employer I wouldn't risk it.
There are tons of jobs in tech, why bother with a company that has such a shit reputation?

I work for Amazon as a dev, most of the bad rep is from non-dev jobs. (i.e. marketing, advertising, warehouse, etc) The dev jobs are pretty chill from what I've seen.

I'd like to hear about their IT jobs, I've seen a few local postings which didn't look too offensive apart from the ability to lift things and occasionally climb rafters and ducts...

Fucking Amazon. What are they doing that requires data center employees to have TS/SCI?

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/07/the-details-about-the-cias-deal-with-amazon/374632/

This is what I'm looking at. I worked IT support for a bit and enjoyed going to people's offices or rooms and fixing their shit, instead of remoting in or over the phone.

glassdoor.com/job-listing/field-technician-amazon-JV_IC1140171_KO0,16_KE17,23.htm?jl=2426621751

Sorta surprising, at least surprising they're publicly talking about it. 50 years ago they'd have done the same thing but made Amazon shut the fuck up about even knowing what the US government is.

But if they're shitty coders, why is Amazon working so well constantly? Are they the reason for the outages a while ago?

How exactly do they track your work? You can't pull an Office Space? I do hear there is a lot of competition and burnout.

They have AWS regions specifically for the govt. Legit nipper/sipper hookups

They're not all pajeets, the lower tier customer service and boilerplate stuff is pajeets but everything else like matching alogrithms and devops type shit for AWS you need assloads of experience and/or degrees.

Problem with Amazon is it's like all recruiters so you have to bypass their resume black hole in order to get in.

bigger problem with amazon is the cultlike expectation for workers. they are the epitome for the burn (huge OT expectations) and churn (spit out the burnt out people for new hires)