Removing wireless chips from smartphones

any ideas on how to do this?

the children of the police are all over me and i keep bricking phones trying using heat.

they even have the jews of the apocolypse using their car horns to beep me to death!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6HfgScmYXOE
events.ccc.de/congress/2011/Fahrplan/attachments/2022_11-ccc-qcombbdbg.pdf
redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/NexusSI902xPrivacySecurityEvaluation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uh, if you just pull chips off the board, it's not going to go well.

bumping for op

Still, I'm afraid that everything is so tiny and soldered together that it's impossible to do it without destroying your phone. The times when you could tinker with electronics of your device are long gone.

Just fuck up the antenna

other user here with galaxy s4
in this video youtube.com/watch?v=6HfgScmYXOE at 0:42 some cable is removed with knife. It this the gsm antenna?

i want the gsm coverage i dont want the wifi or bluetooth - drone with a circular saw...

congratulations you have schizophrenia.

just remove the drivers for those. you cant remove things that are in socs.

How is it going Terry?

You cannot boot a modern mobile phone without its modem and baseband, they're the master processors and they bring up the rest of the hardware.

Oh sure, remove the driver for the processor that literally controls the phone. Very useful.

you know schizophrenia is what the jews call the spies theyve stopped favouring right?

You can.

On Android you can disable services for wireless on boot by editing config files in a boot image or remove corresponding hal libraries, .so files, from system image. It requires the root access and some knowledge. Particular files and configs depend on a model, OS, etc.

On these devices, they are the master processors, they're the first processor that turns on, and they turn on the ARM cores. They are always in complete control, driver or no driver.

Remember to always run over the CIA NIGGERS.
They glow in the dark.

so its sort of possible - ok

A processor will work as expected, if a service don't start or a particular library is not loaded, Android just won't have an access to these facilities of a SoC.

But as I said before, modifying Android image files in nand memory isn't straigtfoward.

You aren't listening, the processor that turns on the ARM cores is the weird processor in the modem. It's not the ARM core, it's...well usually it's a smaller, simpler ARM core, running embedded java(not anything like the java that runs in the JVM).

What are you talking about? I'd been porting CyanogenMod on my device some time ago. It boots, runs and works without BT, Wifi and Broadband.

events.ccc.de/congress/2011/Fahrplan/attachments/2022_11-ccc-qcombbdbg.pdf

The modem is the first thing that turns on. Initializes all of the hardware, controls USB, GPS, I/O, all kinds of crap. It has watch dogs that make sure all of these services are running, and resets the phone if they're not.

Just because your kernel doesn't know how to interface with the modem doesn't mean it's not there. It is there, it is in control, and it is watching.
More information is available on the Replicant site.

And for example
redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/NexusSI902xPrivacySecurityEvaluation

>Nexus S (I902x)
>[The modem..] has shared memory with the main CPU. This gives DMA attack like capability to the modem

They...don't have a security analysis of most of their supported devices unfortunately, but it's safe to assume that these backdoors have only been strengthened with time

Oh, in that sense. Of course, the board, SoC, DSP and the other shit are powered and working. And some information can be extracted by the military intelligence.

>military intelligence
>you can get code execution in a day of research
>they probably have DMA or worse
>the phone won't boot/will reset without the modem

You can be pwned by anyone with the right radio and a few hours to dedicate to each modem.

I answered to this issue

Not trying to be rude, but why do this?

There is no point caring about WiFi when your phone is being controlled by an evil processor running crazy secret embedded java. Just turn it off. The evil processor can just turn it back on if it want to, and it's watchdog will probably reset the device if it finds the hardware missing

Because Sup Forums is full of autistic, tinfoil fedora neckbeards.

>its safe to assume the backdoors aren't a security risk

That string is...not on that page. What are you talking about

all android devices i have used have separate firmware blobs for wifi.

It's pretty easy, you need a hot air station and some desoldering braid.

Android phones are not supported by temple OS anyway

Then just keep wifi and bluetooth turned off in your phone settings.